News For camera nerds only

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Couldn't tell you, there was a rumour about a 6D that would be a more "entry-level" full frame model with basic video but they just don't use the other numbers. And I know what you mean, I have the 100mm f2.8L, people say it makes a decent portrait lens on full frame but it is waaaaaaaay too long on a crop sensor. :(

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
How many London nerds do we have here? I'm trying to arrange some sort of random walk around. I'm always wandering about anyway, thought I might as well do it with other geeks.

You're welcome to tag along if you want, when I decide on a date.

I'm a London nerd so let me know when it's on and I'll see if I'm around... I'm NOT a photographer though :)

Clown

Part of the furniture
That's alright, I'm sure we'll be doing a pub and grub too :)

As always with these kinds of meets though, I'm never nerdy enough. Whether it's a motors meet or photography, people just start talking lots of numbers and stuff and I don't really know what they're saying.

I just like taking pictures and driving my car...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The 1d5 (or whatever) is going to be a motherchuffing beast, there's no two ways about it. :)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Been hearing / seeing rumours about a move to Foveon sensors.

I'm excited about Tuesday :D.

old.user4556

Oh do share some news when you return!

I'm actually hankering after a Canon mirrorless system. The 7D is obviously way too big to take on nights on the town, but I want the quality of at least APS-C which means Sony NEX kit, but don't want to buy into another system. The beauty of that NEX is that Sony do an A to E mount converter (for non-nerds, this means you can plug in your big lenses onto a tiny mirrorless body) and if Canon did something similar then hikes up hills with a much lighter setup could be great.

Imagine a mirrorless 5D Mk2, how much lighter would your bag be?!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Not a massive amount, if you were still taking the same lenses. ;)

(I do see your point though)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Pfft, I still walk around without a tripod bag. Just haul it round on my MASSIVE MANLY SHOULDERS.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I am still thinking about the 7D (upgrade from a 350D). Might wait till closer to XMas to see if any better discounts.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Psh, £6000.. it's *only* £5299. ;)

It has dual DIGIC 5+ image processors and the processor that my 50D has (the DIGIC 4) just for metering and AF. :D

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
That ISO range is insane :eek:

I should get some more B&W film for my 1950s Praktica... such an awesome camera. Anyone know anyone that still stocks that film that was great that they stopped making? I can't remember what it was, Ilford B&W 400? Name escapes me...

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

I should get some more B&W film for my 1950s Praktica... such an awesome camera. Anyone know anyone that still stocks that film that was great that they stopped making? I can't remember what it was, Ilford B&W 400? Name escapes me...

I suspect that you will find that many film manufacturers are stopping production. Tests have proven that the current crop of DSLRs outperform film now. Not much point in making film... unless it is medium format :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yes yes I know that, but there was one particular brand that was aces that stopped a few years ago, just trying to remember if it was Ilford or not. :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

They stopped making it?

Try here, not sure if it's the same one Ilford Film | Robert White Photographic Ltd

edit:// Ilford was certainly the best when I was actually taking b&w film shots 10 years ago....

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yeah that was the stuff, HP5 400 was great for all round. Expensive-ish but not bad as it's bulk.

old.user4556

I am still thinking about the 7D (upgrade from a 350D). Might wait till closer to XMas to see if any better discounts.

If a 7D Mk2 comes out anytime soon, you can have much for much cheapness.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
To be fair Wazz, you should rep Cal, he linked me to Robert White in the other thread, I've bought from them before but I don't remember anything these days :(

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I want some HP5 and Delta 100 and 400 but I can't buy 30 rolls of film from there, it'll bankrupt me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom