Games Football Manager 2011

Lethul

FH is my second home
No, Owen Hargreaves bangs 5 a season in for me, his free kick rating is 18 though. I think other stat play a part too and that is why you are not having any luck.

My freekick taker has 19 in freekicks. In end of February now and still not a goal off a freekick (cross freekick and heading has resulted in a few goals tho).

I've found this on a forum:

Free Kick Taking – Accuracy of a free kick
Secondary to the technique (do I have the type of free kick in my repertoire) and decisions (where do I place the free kick) prime attributes.

So I have 19 free kick taking, technique 17 and 11 decisions. Should result in at least 1 goal a season imho :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
My freekick taker has 19 in freekicks. In end of February now and still not a goal off a freekick (cross freekick and heading has resulted in a few goals tho).

I've found this on a forum:

Free Kick Taking – Accuracy of a free kick
Secondary to the technique (do I have the type of free kick in my repertoire) and decisions (where do I place the free kick) prime attributes.

So I have 19 free kick taking, technique 17 and 11 decisions. Should result in at least 1 goal a season imho :p

It's cause your avatar is evil :(

Lethul

FH is my second home
Agger scored a freekick! Deflection :p

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Lol, everyone was using his 433 from FM10 in FML... literally 90% of the managers... now everyones probably going to be using that :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Until the last FM I ignored those community sites. It ruined the game for me when I did use it last year.

The whole point is to make your own formation, buy or train players that fit your system. Not use a killer always works system that just exploits the way the current game works.

edit:// also, bargain price: http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/football-manager-2011/

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
The whole point is to make your own formation, buy or train players that fit your system. Not use a killer always works system that just exploits the way the current game works.

I totally agree. I always tend to find my own talents, even if they may turn out to be shit :) the formation should be based on your players skills, not what exploits the game the most imo.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH

Everz

FH is my second home
So my game becomes less of a challenge now. I've been taken over by a Moldovan Billionaire.. :(

Everz

FH is my second home
Apparently so, after a season I've been taken over and given a 10mil budget with 120k for wages.. gah!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Bought it and I am trying to find my feet now. Picked Tottenham to start off with as they had a reasonable squad and fairly average expectations. Finding it hard to buy anyone though and the players get upset far too easily, it seems nobody wants to be a squad player. Would this improve the more I play though? Being a brand new manager I see a lot of press releases, feedback and whatnot saying that I am inexperienced.

What I want is to do is create a good passing game in midfield with a 4 3 1 2 formation, putting VDV just behind two strikers, maybe drop a defender for a defensive midfielder. Need a couple of replacements though, Barca keep offering me Maxwell for some reason too, I keep telling them I am not interested.

Everz

FH is my second home
Did you upgrade straight away? I found that cut out alot of the players whining and the press doubting you.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Bought it and I am trying to find my feet now. Picked Tottenham to start off with as they had a reasonable squad and fairly average expectations. Finding it hard to buy anyone though and the players get upset far too easily, it seems nobody wants to be a squad player. Would this improve the more I play though? Being a brand new manager I see a lot of press releases, feedback and whatnot saying that I am inexperienced.

What I want is to do is create a good passing game in midfield with a 4 3 1 2 formation, putting VDV just behind two strikers, maybe drop a defender for a defensive midfielder. Need a couple of replacements though, Barca keep offering me Maxwell for some reason too, I keep telling them I am not interested.

I'm playing barca and maxwell played abidal and adriano out of the squad for sure. He's very good as an attacking defender, good crosses but then again you have bale so.. :)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
one shame is how big the age gap seems to need to be between players in order to have one tutor the other. I wanted Scholes tutoring Anderson but he could only tutor reserves.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I'm playing barca and maxwell played abidal and adriano out of the squad for sure. He's very good as an attacking defender, good crosses but then again you have bale so.. :)

Yeah its more the wage demands really, Tottenham can't afford the 75k + 3 mil signing on fee.

Lethul

FH is my second home
FM 2011 the players all have PMS so be careful lol.

Yeah lol, 3 players went unhappy in my squad (Torres, Cole and Aurelio) because I did not reprimand Kyrgiakos for a red card :S

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yeah lol, 3 players went unhappy in my squad (Torres, Cole and Aurelio) because I did not reprimand Kyrgiakos for a red card :S

You need to stop managing like Rafa and man up a bit. :p

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I'm 2 seasons in with Gillingham in now and I'm going to stop playing till the January patch because the transfer market is a total joke now.. loads of players have asking price £0 and teams want load of money for average players..

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Also two things which piss me off big time.

1) Throw in's near their goal line - Every time they throw it to the opposition defender.

2) Corners - Lets say Nani takes a corner, the defender heads it outside the box to Carrick. Carrick passes out wide back to Nani (in order to cross it back in), yet he is always offside. It's a game flaw as it has happened at about 8 clubs now.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
FM 2011 the players all have PMS so be careful lol.

I stuck Jonny Evans in the reserves for 3 years because he wouldn't do as I asked and stop trying to pass the ball long. He gave me attitude and in return I fucked his career, even Northern Ireland dropped the gobshite. :D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Finding it very buggy too. It annoys my a lot when the camera just focuses on one part of the pitch with players just milling around as the timer ticks on...took 5 minutes to take a throw in earlier.

Don't think I will play it seriously until its fixed, just mess about with tactics and whatnot.

Calo

Part of the furniture
It seems so random sometimes. sometimes my players give great passes like barca does and so they get a 1 vs 1 situation against the GK. other times they just shoot from 40m while 4 man is standing free...

Finally got ennough coaches to have 5stars in every training. Oh and xavi is playing great but is sometimes unhappy cause i don't have ennough discipline in the team.. :confused:

oh my team is:

.....................Valdes
...............Pique........ puyol
Alves ................................ Maxwell
.....................Busquet
...............Xavi ..........Iniesta
.......................Messi
...............Boyan ......Villa

With xavi & iniesta as main guy's (everyone passes along them and they create the game etc)
Villa finisher, Boyan striker that will also create chances

Lethul

FH is my second home
It seems so random sometimes. sometimes my players give great passes like barca does and so they get a 1 vs 1 situation against the GK. other times they just shoot from 40m while 4 man is standing free...

Finally got ennough coaches to have 5stars in every training. Oh and xavi is playing great but is sometimes unhappy cause i don't have ennough discipline in the team.. :confused:

oh my team is:

.....................Valdes
...............Pique........ puyol
Alves ................................ Maxwell
.....................Busquet
...............Xavi ..........Iniesta
.......................Messi
...............Boyan ......Villa

With xavi & iniesta as main guy's (everyone passes along them and they create the game etc)
Villa finisher, Boyan striker that will also create chances

Mind sharing your staff? :)
I just can find good staff! (maybe thats down to small database)

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
i'll buy it today!

any suggests about a team to start the game ?

I dont want a top team, i want a normal - good team in order to improve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom