flags

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
i know its a bit too late but wish goa/mythic could put your national flag on your cloak during purtugal 2004 where you could /england or /denmark and next thing you are adorning the St Georges flag across your back may be a good idae for next world cup if doac is still running

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Please no.... Bad enough it's on the tele, in the papers, in /gu, in /as etc.... please givf me a brake! :(
Everything happens for a reason, except for possibly football. - Thief of time, Terry Pratchett -
;)

tedStar

Fledgling Freddie
leet, i'd want an aussie flag or the boxing roo on my back then! :twak:

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Yes because surely a game of football would warrent a flag on your back yet events such as soldiers dying in foreign countries (for whatever reasons) to protect freedom is surely a lesser cause.

I'm not a great football fan, don't like it much, don't dislike it much and yes it would be nice but there are much much more deserving times imo :p

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
Yes because surely a game of football would warrent a flag on your back yet events such as soldiers dying in foreign countries (for whatever reasons) to protect freedom is surely a lesser cause.

I'm not a great football fan, don't like it much, don't dislike it much and yes it would be nice but there are much much more deserving times imo :p

please get real have you ever served your country ? i very much doubt it

i have (royal marines 40 commando yes 12 years ago but i did serve) this is a game

but i'm patriotic and i support my country in all forms whether its sport or its conflict

your point is u don't like football . but wtf is it anything to do about deserving :twak:

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
tedStar said:
leet, i'd want an aussie flag or the boxing roo on my back then! :twak:

no you get prisoner jackets the one with the arrows :kissit: :cheers:

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Behmoth said:
please get real have you ever served your country ? i very much doubt it

i have (royal marines 40 commando yes 12 years ago but i did serve) this is a game

but i'm patriotic and i support my country in all forms whether its sport or its conflict

your point is u don't like football . but wtf is it anything to do about deserving :twak:

Nope, I've not been in the army serving england but that isn't the point I'm trying to make. My point was that just because a sport is being played, shouldn't warrent them changing emblems if they don't fly the flag for much more deserving causes either.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
DrunkSkunk said:
Teh FnoRd

wtf am i doing in your sig :eek6:
haha! well atleast I didn't just steal it. ;)
I promise you'll get any royalties entitled to you! :D

kirennia

Part of the furniture
lets try think up of a drunkard example as this'll be prob quite better then I can think of normally. Note that this is the example of how I see english tele but this is NOT a quite.

Today englands football team won the quarter finals of euro 2004. The expectional play of beckham, heskey and owen meant the victory of the english side was secured within just the first 45 minutes of play. The fans were phenominal despite the small riots which were started through sporadic actions of the opposing team (insert country name here). Liverpool have done exceedingly well in training up the euro 2004 finals goal scoring michael owen into the oppurtunist that he has become after exceeding any such large gambling bets which were placed on him pulling anything out of the bag. Of late the number of english flags flying throughout the country has been within th region of 100,000 people a day buying them specifically for the purpose of 2004.

Ooh and as the 30 minutes of news reading draws to a close, 500,000 people died today in iraq due to an earthquake but thankfully there were no english people involved...goodnight from the 6 o'clock news team.

this is specifically why I wrote my original post because I'm quite disturbed by pepl,es priorities. No offense to you behmoth but this is the way far too much of the country is focusxed which is extremely disturbing.

Sorry if this post makes little sence, if it does thern read it through agaion then if it still doesn't, pm me and I'll try to give a sober view on it all :D

gnight

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I say football is football and DAoC is DAoC... Keep em appart.. Love em both tho...

Tilda

kirennia said:
this is specifically why I wrote my original post because I'm quite disturbed by peples priorities. No offense to you behmoth but this is the way far too much of the country is focusxed which is extremely disturbing.
I cant propperly express in words how much I agree Kir.
As soon as the general public ceases to find an issue interesting, it stops being on the news. Similarly, in areas where theres civil war eg N (ish) africa and perhaps afganistan once the TV cameras leave, people seem to think that everythings "ok" there.

Lots of the "lower class" papers seem crazily un-focussed on news, instead printing sensationalist articals just to boost their readership.
I know that not much of what i'm writing is relevant however I agree with you Kir that stories of war etc should rank above football, however, where it is englands national team playing, perhaps it is more of general interest than whats happening in another country that dosnt involve english people.
However if there really was an earthquake that killed 100,000 people I think that they would put it above englands world cup win or whatever.

Tilda

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
war is all about money and power N/I is nothing to do with politics or sectarism it all about the all mighty $ same as most wars .i'm not a hooligan never have been never will be but i'm fiercly patriotic and saying all english football fans are hooloigans is pathetic. but while you jump up on your high horses saying war is more important THIS IS A GAME OF FANTASY a game with football fans who play it fans from denmark sweeden portugal spain england russia and more who would like for 3 weeks maybe to fly their flag to show a bit of football pride whether thats in defeat or victory without assholes trying to become all sanctamonious.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Behmoth said:
THIS IS A GAME OF FANTASY a game with football fans who play it fans from denmark sweeden portugal spain england russia and more who would like for 3 weeks maybe to fly their flag to show a bit of football pride whether thats in defeat or victory without assholes trying to become all sanctamonious.
Yes this is a fantasy game populated with both football fans, and peeps who don't like football. Most, I think atleast, play to get a break from RL.
It is, as I said in my previous post, more than enough football EVERYWHERE atm. Papers, radio, television, co-workers etc. etc. etc.............
I do respect peeps that are more or less fanatical with football, BUT they damn better respect that I don't care for football one bit.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Teh FnoRd said:
Yes this is a fantasy game populated with both football fans, and peeps who don't like football. Most, I think atleast, play to get a break from RL.
It is, as I said in my previous post, more than enough football EVERYWHERE atm. Papers, radio, television, co-workers etc. etc. etc.............
I do respect peeps that are more or less fanatical with football, BUT they damn better respect that I don't care for football one bit.

so don't get a flag on your cloak if its an option but i would like that option

and i don't have to damn well respect u respect is earned not given out on demand

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Behmoth said:
and i don't have to damn well respect u respect is earned not given out on demand
So when I say that I respect your football interest, you meet me with disrespect? So you respect no one who hasn't earned your respect? and if the other party thinks the same thing? you must be very lonely... :touch:
Well I've just lost my respect for you now.... :twak:

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Teh FnoRd said:
So when I say that I respect your football interest, you meet me with disrespect? So you respect no one who hasn't earned your respect? and if the other party thinks the same thing? you must be very lonely... :touch:
Well I've just lost my respect for you now.... :twak:

so? rather than post about something you don't care about and posting the negatives think of the people who would enjoy it

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
where did I say anything negative about footballfans?
I just said that I thought that I see enough of it everywhere else and that I rather not see it in the game. My oppinion stated as you have stated yours.
You are entitled to your oppinion as much as I'm to mine.
I'm not the one slagging peeps of for not shareing my view, you are. :m00:

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
If France wins Euro2004 .. we will see alot of french flags ingame!!11 ..
but only if they win.

j/k ;)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Behmoth said:
i'm not a hooligan never have been never will be but i'm fiercly patriotic and saying all english football fans are hooloigans is pathetic.

I just read back through the entire topic and hooliganism hasn't been mentioned once until now :p

Behmoth said:
but while you jump up on your high horses saying war is more important THIS IS A GAME OF FANTASY a game with football fans who play it fans from denmark sweeden portugal spain england russia and more who would like for 3 weeks maybe to fly their flag to show a bit of football pride whether thats in defeat or victory without assholes trying to become all sanctamonious.

Hey, this is also a game with real people in it too. Some of the people who have played this game are also in the army and give their lives for us. You seem to have misinterptred almost all of the points I have made purely because I didn't agree with you. This game is a break from RL and thus I don't think either should disturb that because it's not what a game is meant for. My point isnt that I hate football because I don't. My point is that there are many more deserving causes for which something like this should be implemented.

Yesterday I was driving along the seafront of where I live and saw every single flag raised which is fantastic, it shows the great pride people have in their country. The bad side I see of it all is that even in the time of war, those same flags weren't raised at all. It is as if people value a game more then people giving their lives.

As I said, it's not a dig at you, I'm just saying why I think it's wrong.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Just to give more light onto my argument before without just made up examples, after tonights match, the itv news spend 14 minutes talking of the match which wasnt particularly special anyways cause it was pretty obvious who was going to win ;) 3 minutes were spent talking about how clintons book is being released and then LESS THAN ONE minute talking of a bomb in iraq which has killed 35 recruits. After the break it's going back to talk for 15 minutes about a punch up in BB house and more about the match. Can anyone honestly say that's the right priorities?

Well done england though, was a slow but good match :) I'd probabl;y collapse after walking 10 meters in 46 degrees C, dunno how athletes do it....hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom