Final Beta news on eu wow site...

Gama

Fledgling Freddie
So, I alt-tab out of WC3, and lo and behold, there was some news and a link to DL the eu client, then i hit refresh and http://en.wow-europe.com/ seems to be down now?

Anyone know if it said we can make accounts yet, or if its just a 'get the client DLed for manday' thing? :p

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
they are making some changes to the website in preparation for final beta so they have stripped it to client downloading, forums (currently closed) and some other stuff

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
All they've done is rework the layout and give links to download the clients. The site still works fine for me as we speak, no option to create an account though.

Gama

Fledgling Freddie
weird, the french site (linked from main worldofwarcraft.com site) works, but english one gives a 'the file / cannot be found. please try again later' error popup

Negura

Fledgling Freddie
Any inside infos when it will actually start?
Come on, some of you might have it. :p
Heard some rumors about it starting tonight, so I'm not going anywhere yet. :p

gin

Fledgling Freddie
I downloaded a copy from a random torrent web site earlier this week... including WoW-1.2.0-patch-enGB...... will this work or do I have to roll back to version 1.1.2?

Nirawen

Fledgling Freddie
Probally start monday morning, Gives people time to download it over the weekend and also avoids them having to fix it incase(when) it crashes on the weekend.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
The Closed Beta client will work? .. can't see any info that it's a new client on that website...

Negura

Fledgling Freddie
Concerning week-end launch:

"Game Masters - Working Hours
Ryann, 07/01/2005
Our Game Master teams now work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. "

So there wouldn't be much trouble, I guess, since they are working anyhow. :)

Urme: If you got a version that would've worked in the EU closed beta, you don't need to download now.

Krunch-X

Fledgling Freddie
The downloader yields version 1.1.2, which is the post-localisation version of the closed beta client (AFAIK).

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
Nirawen said:
Probally start monday morning, Gives people time to download it over the weekend and also avoids them having to fix it incase(when) it crashes on the weekend.
they are working over the weekend so it could very well start before monday

Pine

Fledgling Freddie
Aye im downloading it fine now :clap:

BUT the d/l rate is absolutly killing me as we speek even though im on a 2MB line im gettin a speed of about 24 kb/s :mad:

May the lord have mercy on the souls of 56k'rs

Nirawen

Fledgling Freddie
Coccas said:
they are working over the weekend so it could very well start before monday
I know but im sure theyd rather avoid having too much work ;)
On week days they can just give it to the new guy to fix :clap:

Aldias

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe this new client 1.1.2 has the same system as EQ2.

You need to launch the game into the username/password screen and create ur account from there.

In 1.1.1 that i got ... in the login screen there is a link to <manage account>... so in 1.1.2 maybe they add <account creation>.

Only some ideas really.. not 100% sure

Natsume sai

Fledgling Freddie
Aldias said:

You need to launch the game into the username/password screen and create ur account from there.

In 1.1.1 that i got ... in the login screen there is a link to <manage account>... so in 1.1.2 maybe they add <account creation>.

no sorry, the create account page is not up, and the link from the game logon dosent work unless you have an account already, i have just installed the game and are waiting for some sort of announcement, for the beta to begin ^^

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Pine said:
Aye im downloading it fine now :clap:

BUT the d/l rate is absolutly killing me as we speek even though im on a 2MB line im gettin a speed of about 24 kb/s :mad:

May the lord have mercy on the souls of 56k'rs
The downside with torrent. Started downloading got 10-32 kb/s for the first 34mb, then it seems more people connected to torrent and started downloading my upload went from 0 to 987 kb/s and my download started increasing and is now up at 200 kb/s. :)

Got a 10 mb line so all you start downloading so i can get it done :)

Krunch-X

Fledgling Freddie
Aldias said:

When the FB signup opens, I suspect it'll be https://signup.wow-europe.com or beta.wow-europe.com ... but don't bother looking right now, Blizzard will tell us when it's time. There's no need to guess, after installing the client, it will forward you to https://signup.wow-europe.com anyway.

Krunch-X

Fledgling Freddie
Fafnir said:
The downside with torrent. Started downloading got 10-32 kb/s for the first 34mb, then it seems more people connected to torrent and started downloading my upload went from 0 to 987 kb/s and my download started increasing and is now up at 200 kb/s. :)

Got a 10 mb line so all you start downloading so i can get it done :)

Is it ok if I just seed it ? ;)

Pinp

Banned
How can I "open my ports" ? Getting a crap download rate :|

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
Pinp said:
usually by reading faq or the manual to the firewall or router you are using

Krunch-X

Fledgling Freddie
Pinp said:

That depends on many things ... Windows Firewall, Norton Internet Security, BlackICE, Zone Alarm, Hardware router ...

Click on the help link on the downloader and read through the advice that Blizzard has to offer.

Failing that, post your firewall name/brand/model in here and see if anyone is experienced with the particular item and can help.

Kurrinos

Fledgling Freddie
hmm.. just off top of my head, prolly I am wrong but the in preperation I DL'd a week ago the, 1.1.2 version from ftp site. Which looks like it is the same as the one we DLing for FB from BVeta Site Now. Howerver, there also a patch from 1.1.2 to 1.2.0 (WoW-1.2.0-patch-enGB), is the FB an old version compaired to what the Beta testers were using when Closed Beta ended?

Gama

Fledgling Freddie
I believe when they launched the localised (french and german) servers, the closed beta people had to DL a new client, as the US one would be incompatable with the localisation, or smt.

Anyway, i guess that they are giving that same client to DL now as they did to the closed beta (1.1.2) and then just the let autopatcher ingame jog it up to 1.2.1, rather than mess about with making a new installer with 1.2.1 already fitted on.

That would explain why they have 1.1.2 installer on the site, anyway :p

[edit] bah, didnt refresh the page before i replied, and missed the above poster's reply >.<

Krunch-X

Fledgling Freddie
Kurrinos said:
hmm.. just off top of my head, prolly I am wrong but the in preperation I DL'd a week ago the, 1.1.2 version from ftp site. Which looks like it is the same as the one we DLing for FB from BVeta Site Now. Howerver, there also a patch from 1.1.2 to 1.2.0 (WoW-1.2.0-patch-enGB), is the FB an old version compaired to what the Beta testers were using when Closed Beta ended?

The FB download downloads version World of Warcraft 1.1.2 Installer-enGB

I have set the target location for the current Blizzard downloader to my previously downloaded World of Warcraft 1.1.2 Installer-enGB version and the downloader, after checking the files ... registers that it's correct and complete (2466.43MB).

If you really aren't sure, then use the downloader and go through that for piece of mind.

Kurrinos

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, did same at start too Krunch-X. Think you right Gama about them putting on the new Localised version for everyone to DL as it is still very current (only 3 weeks) and also tried and tested for DL, then patching up like before.

Gama

Fledgling Freddie
Ah, they've added a little edit on the eu wow site

"You do not need to download the file if you already have the latest version of the client software installed. This download is intended primarily for new players entering World of Warcraft for the first time."

^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom