Classic World of Warcraft

Syri

FH is my second home
I'm still undecided on this, I didn't really play much at launch, mostly due to my guild ending up on a pvp server, which I hated, and then pretty much everyone left. I didn't really get into the game until Burning Crusade... Is there much point in giving it a go, on a PvE server this time, if I'm not really planning to raid?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm still undecided on this, I didn't really play much at launch, mostly due to my guild ending up on a pvp server, which I hated, and then pretty much everyone left. I didn't really get into the game until Burning Crusade... Is there much point in giving it a go, on a PvE server this time, if I'm not really planning to raid?
Yes, the original game is much more than end game raiding like in Retail. The levelling experience and no cross-realm means a lot more. You become known in the community and on your server. If I do not join a raiding guild, so what. There is a load of stuff I did not do in Classic that I want to do now like engineering, fishing, cooking, farming dungeons. Above all it is about enjoying the journey and helping fellow players out and being known as the good guy on my server.

I did PvP and it was brutal, this time I am going PvE so I can play and enjoy the game at my own pace without fear of ganking.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
As for raiding, in general, you can probably do world bosses, Molten Core, Zul'Gurub, Onyxia, BWL is debatable as it has some really harsh encounters if your raid isn't ready but AQ20/40 and Naxx required a fair bit of commitment.

As I understand it the raids will be staggered though, plenty of time to prepare for their launches I would guess.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Not sure I'll raid yet tbh, I might do the first few raids but I really can't be arsed to do AQ-Naxx, fuck farming resist gear for AQ. Might just go on a farming mission to get filthy rich.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
LOL - got BloodOmen on Mirage Raceway... wife tried to login literally 30 seconds after me and shes position 5400 in queue... fucking hell.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Some Twitter posts - I'm no rocket scientist but based on those numbers... Launch day is going to be a fucking nightmare unless they get their phasing shit in order they said they'd do for launch day.

EBzU0GwX4AE1Dyn.jpg:large

EBzU-SPWsAEbuBZ.png:large

EBzUsBvWwAI5bkE.png:large

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Managed to get Barfred on both PvE realms so really happy :) Currently on TS talking to others and we are looking at Mirage Raceway as our primary.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Managed to get Barfred on both PvE realms so really happy :) Currently on TS talking to others and we are looking at Mirage Raceway as our primary.

Aye, I've made 3 characters on Mirage Raceway, I was going to make 3 on the other too but you can only have a maximum of 3 character total atm.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Got my three names on Mirage Racewat as well, so ill be there on release day, see if classic really is 'classic' :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
"Based on name reservations so far, the Shazzrah realm is looking to be massively overpopulated. If all existing players on this server remain there, login queues in excess of 10,000 players are a certainty, and possibly much higher than that.

We recently opened up the Gehennas realm, and we urge players on Shazzrah to consider moving there. There are a lot of players currently on Shazzrah and we want Gehennas to fill up before we open any new PvP realms. This is so that player population is spread as evenly as possible before launch, in order to provide the best play experience.

While we are able to fit several times more players on a single realm in 2019 than was the case in 2006, we are not going to raise that cap any further, even though we have the technical capacity to do so. Raising realm caps would simply forestall the problem, letting more players in at launch but creating an unsustainable situation down the line, with severe queues when we turn off layering permanently before Phase 2 of our content unlock plan.

Please also note that our realm population estimates of Low, Medium, High, and Full are based on this increased capacity – a Medium realm today already has more characters on it than even the most crowded realms did back in 2006.

Our top priority in planning for WoW Classic’s launch has been ensuring that we are laying the groundwork for strong realm communities that will endure over the months and years to follow, which is why we’re cautiously opening new servers to meet demand."

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Wish my Enter World was red right now...

upload_2019-8-20_11-9-42.png

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Flange.

fucking Flange.
Flange has been my bank alt since forever :) On retail she currently resides in IronForge wearing just her bra and knickers.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Other bosses. :) Remember that.

I will speak to my current GM and ask if I can share the pw to our TS3 server or use the FH TS3 server on launch night for those that want to join us.....

Aye, Kazzak was the worse though due to his mechanics and aoe.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Aye, Kazzak was the worse though due to his mechanics and aoe.
And self healing. The cunt could never die without a GM killing him.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
And self healing. The cunt could never die without a GM killing him.

Indeed, fuck those shadow bolt volleys too, they had no collision detection so they'd just plow through walls and everything.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Still not sure about professions, part of me wants to go engineering/mining, other part wants to go alch/herb to cut back on raiding costs.

Edit: going to stick some new threads up anyway @Deebs for guides and what not.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Still not sure about professions, part of me wants to go engineering/mining, other part wants to go alch/herb to cut back on raiding costs.

Edit: going to stick some new threads up anyway @Deebs for guides and what not.
Im going mining/blacksmithing (armorsmith), along with first aid and for the first time ever, fishing and cooking as I never did them in Vanilla, only did Fishing in the current WoW for the Water Strider and then those cunts took its ability to walk on water without an item away.

We got a priest doing tailoring so gonna funnel cloth to her for bags and my current GM is going mining/blacksmithing (weaponsmith).

Note they are releasing even more realms on Monday and removing the character creation restriction at the same time. You just know that Monday night is going to be an absolute clusterfuck but I've been there for every expansion and I will be there on TS for this :)

Syri

FH is my second home
I'll probably be giving it a go, not sure I'll get into raiding, but I'll probably level an army of alts like I usually do, and do some crafting. I don't have a guild lined up or anything though, so if there's any spaces I'd be happy to join as a casual player.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'll probably be giving it a go, not sure I'll get into raiding, but I'll probably level an army of alts like I usually do, and do some crafting. I don't have a guild lined up or anything though, so if there's any spaces I'd be happy to join as a casual player.
Anyone is welcome, just Alliance on Mirage Raceway is the only requirement :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Anyone else get a tweet from World of Warcraft directly?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not here, I don't follow them on Twitter though so probs why... anything relevant?
They must be sending automated tweets to their followers, just got one telling me about classic and to download it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom