FH Fitness Thread

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Lets not shit up one guys personal blog type thread, so general thread!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
On a personal note, 2 weeks and down 1 stone :p ~5hrs exercise and a baconlicious keto diet.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, 33 years soon in with no real exercise, eat "unhealthy" and all i've got to show is small manly beerbelly. Otherwise thin as a whistle'ish.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Had a couple of months off cardio due to off season and injury.

This week will be a busy one. Cardio yesterday, strength today, cardio wednesday & thursday, strength again friday. Saturday rest and Sunday the football season kicks off. Hopefully my foot has healed enough to play.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Scrap that, today's off: I've forgotten my kit to go to the gym near work and out at a mate's house in the evening. Gah. Will have to work strength into tomorrow/thursday too!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I tried the gym when I did a MCL injury a few years back. Even as a desparately-needed rehabilitation routine I think I'd have preferred a magically healed leg at the cost of being raped.

Out on my bike today, did 36 miles of mixed offroad/road. My current PCL injury isn't playing up too much - but I need to stop seriously injuring myself.

Lake District for Scafell Pike and some MTBing next week for a few days. :)

Gray

FH is my second home
When i started a new department in work, the training had all the chatter about Slimming World etc from the ladies. In the end i thought screw it and decided to go for it as well. Want to aim to lose about 8-10 stone in the next year.

Started gym aiming for about 3-4 hours over the week if not more. Weekly i seem to be averaging about 2-3lb losses, feeling so good as well getting up early and going bed early etc, do feel more energised. Hit my first stone this week since one night out ruined all my progress. GoGo alcohol :p

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Diets are a useless theory, your diet is just a reflection of your lifestyle.

There is no cheating, just adjust your lifestyle by the required amount, no effort required just a small break from habit.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The easiest way to keep weight off is to not drink alcohol. Don't drink it and you won't become a fatty. More often than not.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Gone up 6-7 kgs in the last year (85 now). My aim is another kilo or two and then start to burn some fat.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I hate the gym. I hate people that check-in on Facebook at the gym. Infact, it even spawned a meme:

what-if-i-told-you-gym.jpeg

Men could save themselves a lot of time and money if they all showed up at the gym, got their dicks out and said "ok, so who's dick is the biggest? His! - ok we can all go home now" instead of trying to lift weights that are clearly too heavy for them that they have to bend / snatch every single repetition. Also - gloves and belts on a machine? Bitch, please.

Rant over, I bought free weights for the flat and do those twice a week to keep myself reasonably toned. I've started doing more cardio (at the gym, unfortunately) in preparation of a couple of long hikes I've got coming up, but I laugh at myself for driving 15 minutes so that I can run on the spot for 45 minutes, so I've decided to de-wankify myself and get running shoes.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I used to go to my mates gym alot, we usually got bored, and they made wicked sick burgers there, fail.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I don't do anything but me and the wife have been discussing doing something together, probably some walking and such to start off with.

I am pretty lazy tbh

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I used to go to my mates gym alot, we usually got bored, and they made wicked sick burgers there, fail.

Got a stag do followed by a greasy fry up this week end. I can be sick in a bag and make you some wicked sick burgers if you like!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Walking is great for you!

Sex and walking, that should fend off some ailments.

Nate

FH is my second home
I ran 4 miles today, pretty happy with the time although I'm sure it's no ball breaker. Usually run 2.5 miles and get 9min/mi so glad I kept it under 10 for a longer run :) although some lady did try to stop me at 3.5miles shouting out the car "We're completely lost" to which I replied "I'm sorry, I can't stop" :cool: I feel like an arsehole :(

Distance
mi

Duration
0:40:00
h : m : s

Avg. Pace
9:30
min/mi

Avg. Speed
mph

Burned
calories

Climb
ft

ECA

I am a FH squatter
If he runs under 6 miles an hour, he EXPLODES. SPEED THE PEDESTRIAN VERSION.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I went wheat free about 4 weeks ago now, not really strict, still have the occasional slice of bread. The fat fell of my belly within 2 weeks. Fuck you gluten, fuck you!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I went wheat free about 4 weeks ago now, not really strict, still have the occasional slice of bread. The fat fell of my belly within 2 weeks. Fuck you gluten, fuck you!

It's not the wheat it's the carbs, I'm doing keto ( super low carbs, high fat + protein atm ) 2 weeks 1 stone gone.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Nah, I'm still having lots of carbs, brown rice, veg, cuscous etc. Just no bread and pasta.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
It's not the wheat it's the carbs, I'm doing keto ( super low carbs, high fat + protein atm ) 2 weeks 1 stone gone.

One of my customers who is a body builder and fitness nut told me about that type today. Sounds like its working for you.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
I ran 4 miles today, pretty happy with the time although I'm sure it's no ball breaker. Usually run 2.5 miles and get 9min/mi so glad I kept it under 10 for a longer run :) although some lady did try to stop me at 3.5miles shouting out the car "We're completely lost" to which I replied "I'm sorry, I can't stop" :cool: I feel like an arsehole :(

Distance
mi

Duration
0:40:00
h : m : s

Avg. Pace
9:30
min/mi

Avg. Speed
mph

Burned
calories

Climb
ft

Comparable with my running atm.
http://runkeeper.com/user/Spencem875/activity/108965340

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I normally average around 8-9/minute miles, managed to do almost 12 miles at that pace last week which I was quite impressed with. Currently I'm doing 3 runs a week, 2 easy ones at around 3-4 miles and one bigger one of an hour plus. Granted I'm not doing this to lose weight, I'm training for a half marathon in a few weeks.

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/84823257

Appollo

Part of the furniture
I do 2 miles twice a week and 5 miles on a Sunday. I'm doing a quarter marathon end of September so will up the runs 2-3 weeks before.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
One of my customers who is a body builder and fitness nut told me about that type today. Sounds like its working for you.

Definitely is, the main reason I think is that the high fat keeps you feeling full, where I've tried low fat diets before and just felt like fucking murdering both people and food all the time :p

A lot of the bodybuilder types seem to approach it from the paleo angle, where as the keto approach is more scientific, very similar ideas with different reasoning.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Isn't all that fat and protein going to damage your kidneys though? Also do you get just as much energy from protein as you do carbs? By that I'm asking, would you be more tired?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
ATM I am doing a weights regime 3 times a week. Takes about an hour. I'm currently on my 6th week and can tell I'm getting stronger by my progression. Don't feel visually any different yet, but it's still early days.

Trying to eat a bit more protein and a bit less junk.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Nah, I'm still having lots of carbs, brown rice, veg, cuscous etc. Just no bread and pasta.
Couscous is wheat-based, though (and contains gluten unless you go for a special kind like spelt).

Lethul

FH is my second home
I hate the gym. I hate people that check-in on Facebook at the gym. Infact, it even spawned a meme:

what-if-i-told-you-gym.jpeg

Men could save themselves a lot of time and money if they all showed up at the gym, got their dicks out and said "ok, so who's dick is the biggest? His! - ok we can all go home now" instead of trying to lift weights that are clearly too heavy for them that they have to bend / snatch every single repetition. Also - gloves and belts on a machine? Bitch, please.

Rant over, I bought free weights for the flat and do those twice a week to keep myself reasonably toned. I've started doing more cardio (at the gym, unfortunately) in preparation of a couple of long hikes I've got coming up, but I laugh at myself for driving 15 minutes so that I can run on the spot for 45 minutes, so I've decided to de-wankify myself and get running shoes.

You sound weak :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Couscous is wheat-based, though (and contains gluten unless you go for a special kind like spelt).

I know, but I don't have it that often and it doesn't make me feel bloated; bread and pasta do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom