FH Fitness Thread

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Good work old bean! Now if we can get you out of your lycra you'll be on the path of the righteous man ;)

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Spent Saturday morning at the climbing place with my daughter who has started a bouldering course. She's just 8, but is ridiculous. A gnarly old french climber (there seems to be a disproportionate amount of french climbers at this place in Norwich?) described her as a badass climber!?

I then went back there with her for 5 hours of climbing on Sunday. I'm surprisingly less sore than I thought I would be. although tomorrow will be the worst of the DOMS I would think.

Carpal tunnel issues aside, I would definitely definitely recommend to people to go and have a go, especially if there is a good bouldering place near them, so no faffing around with ropes etc. It's such an interesting way to get a really good full body workout.

I'm planning on going again tomorrow night, then on Thursday. I'll be there Saturday for daughters next lesson and some climbing afterwards, and then, I've got nothing really planned for Sunday....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Badass @Tom :)

Did a small ride on Saturday before getting hammered Saturday night, followed by a 12 mile hike around the Dark Peak on the blistering Sunday. Scorchio!

My chocolate ankles don't love the hiking action, the left one in particular was toast at the end of that (I find it much easier going in the cold and snow if I'm walking) - but was great fun :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Tubeless is your friend my friend.

I can never envisage a situation where I'd voluntarily put an inner tube in a tyre any more.

I tried but I'm way too old fashioned. I think I'll be the last tube user in the world :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You cant get foats on tubless?
What's a foat?

I tried but I'm way too old fashioned. I think I'll be the last tube user in the world :(
I've not had a puncture in 3 years m8. And I can run my tyres at about 30psi and bang down rock faces without the risk of pinch-flats and benefit from the extra grip a deforming tyre gives you. :)

Plus - according to the studies it's less draggy off-road. If you're on an uneven service then your tyres deform a little more which gives you a smoother ride and less rolling resistance (as you don't lose of power banging over stuff). On road, don't really notice much difference tbh, so it's a win.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
What's a foat?

I've not had a puncture in 3 years m8. And I can run my tyres at about 30psi and bang down rock faces without the risk of pinch-flats and benefit from the extra grip a deforming tyre gives you. :)

Plus - according to the studies it's less draggy off-road. If you're on an uneven service then your tyres deform a little more which gives you a smoother ride and less rolling resistance (as you don't lose of power banging over stuff). On road, don't really notice much difference tbh, so it's a win.
Flats. Podgey fingers on keyboard

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Flats. Podgey fingers on keyboard
You can get 'em - but the liquid tends to close any holes.

For example - did a 3 day ride down canal towpath from Nottingham > Chester a few years back with the missus. Me tubeless, her not. I didn't have a problem but she had no less than eleven punctures - we used all the spare tubes and all of the patches we had and she still rode in to Chester with a slow puncture (caused by a blackthorn).

Add in maybe 4 or 5 hours time to stop, get off, take the tyre off, find the thorn, fix the puncture, refit the tyre, repump the tyre, get back up to speed eleven times that's a fuck of a frustrating lot of time to endure over a 3 day ride.

Conversely I didn't even bother to check if I had any thorns in my tyres. They self-seal so why would I care? :)

TdC

What's a foat?

I know chum. Tried them out about 12 years ago. I know first gen and all that but they sucked and I was annoyed. Also, flying with them something went wrong and the entire inside of my bike case was coated with sealant along with all my kit -.-

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I know chum. Tried them out about 12 years ago. I know first gen and all that but they sucked and I was annoyed. Also, flying with them something went wrong and the entire inside of my bike case was coated with sealant along with all my kit -.-
Lol! Funny. I was just having a talk with the bike shop guy about this just yesterday. He said first gen sucked and his blew on the plane :D

So - it was hard work in the beginning but the tech is all there now. i.e. The wheel rims grip properly, the no-tubes solution's better, the tyres are better and easier to seat. And mine didn't blow on the plane, so maybe worth another try? :)

Edit: He did say for MTB, but got the impression he was excluding road bikes from that.

Lethul

FH is my second home
I've done 115kg benchpress since my last update. I think I might be close to be maximum without starting to care a lot about what I eat and up the workload. It was fun when I still had progress :)

Nate

FH is my second home
Sounds great, are they ok for mums old bike in london student road users?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sorry, context: the tubeless tyres
Unfortunately you can't just fit them to any old rims. Combo of rims + tyres is important (though I've heard some people can do right mash-ups of them).

Best to get some kevlar coated tyres for old bikes and wang a tube in. Like schwalbe marathon pluses or something. They're heavy but puncture resistant.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
13466109_10155572294141959_2567314631748117758_n.png

TdC

I've had pizza for dinner twice already this week. It's Tuesday. Good times!

Nate

FH is my second home
Been getting blood blisters on the arch of my foot when I'm running :( took a break and shaved the shit out of my feet with torture devices that should no longer exist in this modern age, went out again today with this zinc oxide and neutrino tape I bought. No blisters! yay!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0056PS998

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've never had any issues like that while running. My feet were sore after the marathon, but no blisters. I get a lot of shin splints though.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Down to pre wedding waste size now, same as 14 years ago.

No idea why because I am not doing anything differently but lost 4 inches around my waist in a little more than a year.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Down to pre wedding waste size now, same as 14 years ago.

No idea why because I am not doing anything differently but lost 4 inches around my waist in a little more than a year.
Doctors for you. If you're doing nowt different and losing weight you really need a visit.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
After being very very poorly I have given up smoking although I am still blissfully addicted to nicotine ;/

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I joined a rowing club and today was my second lesson. I know it must be good exercise because fuck me I'm in pain. Fun though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Used a tree and my face to brake this evening.

Surprisingly efficient, if a tad sore. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom