FH Fitness Thread

Exioce

Part of the furniture
We had a boys' mountain biking weekend recently.
I had always fancied actually doing a proper hill, instead of just mountain bike trails.
Turns out proper hills are a pain in the arse. The last 200m of ascent involved carrying the bikes over 1km of thick heather. The downhill was no better - boggy, too steep so that we had to constantly bleed off all the stored energy through the brakes.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We had a boys' mountain biking weekend recently.
I had always fancied actually doing a proper hill, instead of just mountain bike trails.
Turns out proper hills are a pain in the arse. The last 200m of ascent involved carrying the bikes over 1km of thick heather. The downhill was no better - boggy, too steep so that we had to constantly bleed off all the stored energy through the brakes.
It's happens. But when you get a good 'un it's extra goo. May I recommend this for a really good day out :)

Exioce

Part of the furniture
The views are amazing but your vid still has them pushing/carrying their bikes uphill, then gingerly creeping down the other side.

Still, beats having to slowly walk out, and we covered a fair amount of distance.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The views are amazing but your vid still has them pushing/carrying their bikes uphill, then gingerly creeping down the other side.
I have to admit - Snowdon has a little hike-a-bike on the way up - but the majority of it is rideable (it's down to fitness). The way down doesn't have to be gingely creeping though - I was much faster on my hardtail than they were on their full sussers.

You can't cheat on the way up like the athertons (vid1) but you can go quick (vid 2). But honestly, even with the hike-a-bike you'd have a scream on Snowdon. And you've got Penmachno, Antur Stiniog and Coed Y Brenin really close by for trail centre / downhill fun (depending on what you're after) for the day after :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA8KH4pqNxI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5e-uPOdAr0

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Off to Arthog/Mawddach Cresent in December for a weekend with the lads from work. I've got Sunday to myself though (the gays are all heading off early because they want to get back to see their kids - pfft! They've got their whole lives for that!)

Anyway. I'm going to have a pop at Cadair Idris if it's not completely snowed under. I've walked it a couple of times and thought it'd make a great ride. There's a bit at the top that's insane tho. Definitely not rideable.

Or so I thought :\

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I did my first half marathon in almost a year today, only I had about 4 massive shits a few hours beforehand (constipation) and must have had some collateral damage because after about 10 miles my crotch was like a battleground, the war between clagnut juice and crack sweat. Ow.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Bought a proper bike.

bHg6OHZ.jpg

Rawr.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You can tell you're a massive bike noob because you've posted a photo of the wrong side :D

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I did my first half marathon in almost a year today, only I had about 4 massive shits a few hours beforehand (constipation) and must have had some collateral damage because after about 10 miles my crotch was like a battleground, the war between clagnut juice and crack sweat. Ow.
Tmi

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
How's the biking @ECA

Bought some fitbit Aria scales back in 2014. Today apparently I'm back at the same weight I was when I bought them :eek:

ECA

I am a FH squatter
@Scouse

Done 135 miles on it so far, did a 60 mile ride last weekend.

Been annoying as fuck the last week or two because I've been ill and the weathers been shit. Been thinking about getting an indoor trainer to put it on >.>

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Get yerself some proper layered clothing m8.

I don't get the turbo trainer thing. I'd rather risk getting wet.

I don't often start off in the rain, but if it starts when I'm already into the ride I don't mind it. Especially if I have the right kit on.

Not saying it's never been grim (it really really has) - but I think those utterly awful times have manned me the fuck up and showers no longer make me blink.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Put some clip-on mudguards on it and get outside in the rain. It won't hurt it.

Here's my winter bike:

IMG_20170207_143438.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nah, place is a shithole. New Brighton is much nicer.
You're bonkers! New Brighton's an utter hole! At least West Kirby's got some decent pubs & cafe's. NB is Wallasey overspill,

Anyway. There's something wrong with both them bikes. Ah yes... ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If I've got a hybrid bike with quick release tyres, is it possible to change them to bolt on.
The question is - why would you want to?

Quick release was developed to make it easy for you to take your wheel off in the event of a puncture or if you need to disassemble for any reason. It's secure and stable, so why would you want to make it hard for yourself?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
"because someone might easily make off with them" is the only reason I can come up with.

I see a lot of commuters with bolt ons. Just make sure you get some decent puncture resistent tyres and you're golden. Only thing is, you'll need 9mm through axles rather than the "regular".

actually, now that I think about things. Check if your hubs / frame can do it before you try anything. Your LBS will be pleased to advise you.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nice @Tom.

I suspect I'm going to post a similar time but about a tenth of the miles when I do Snowdon on 8th April.

Bet I eat more than you afterwards tho ;)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
There were lots of photographers around so I'm hoping they took some good pictures of me on the climbs. Although I wasn't an official participant (entries had closed) so I had no number on my bike. To avoid being a freeloader I'm going to donate some money to a cycling charity now.

Last time I got this photo, it was very sunny today and I was on my posh bike (not the winter bike in this pic) :)

1496B-CCAT17.jpg

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Nice one Tom! Went biking yesterday as well. Only 20 miles but as it was the first time in ages I feel like someone has beaten me with big sticks :(

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Did 61 miles yesterday on a carbon saddle, it was great!

Might sound dumb, but the glossy finish causes much lower friction to thighs and nads, thighs and bum felt like I hadn't done anything when I finished.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
My bike is in the shop so I decided to find something challenging on the walking front that wasn't Ben Nevis or some scottish madness that would take me fourteen fucking hours round trip driving.

So I did this (or this plus another hour or so after the finish to get back to the start).

I've got at least one blister on every. single. toe :eek:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
IMG_0243.PNG
My bike is in the shop so I decided to find something challenging on the walking front that wasn't Ben Nevis or some scottish madness that would take me fourteen fucking hours round trip driving.

So I did this (or this plus another hour or so after the finish to get back to the start).

I've got at least one blister on every. single. toe :eek:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hmmmm. Try again @Moriath?

edit: "assit milk" and "large men"? You want to assist in the milking of large men??!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom