Fao - The Biased, So Called "elite" On Excal

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
sure it wasn't a sorc? remember telling someone off for that once. Not something I like people in HG doing.

:wub: HG standards is fine

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Vasconcelos said:
Except if its a full toa'ed rr4 warrior who grapples a cabalist, it rly happened me once :eek7:

Haha, and i was thinking i was the only, lol. Poor fella, 5 debuffed lifetaps :eek:

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
That's exactly why I say solo stealth wars require more skill. Groupers can make a mistake, and have the rest of their group to fall back on. A solo stealther must play no less than perfect.
That can also be turned around to fit a group. In solo stealth wars you and only you have to play perfect. In a group all 8 have to play perfect.

It all depends on the point of view.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Hawkwind said:
Team tatics is another big factor. Albs have improved a bit over the years but now focus too much on 8 vs 8 to test their leetness. still dont really work as a realm team imo. I can remember countless times people yelling, "dont follow!". As a bunch of albs would break from the 'zerg' at MMG and go chasing a small band of mids to mpk. Only to be ganked by groups comming from the right side at speed. What I liked about this was they had 1 FGM literally sacrificing themselves in order to allow their realm mates to win the battle. It was amazing how many times it worked too.

and you think that was tactics by the mids? :eek7:

Whiner

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
Yeah, much more skill involved as a stealther.

Hahaha

oh sorry ... hahahahahahahahahaha

much skill needed when you can pick your own solo-caster-target & can run away & stealth when it goes wrong ^^

(sorry had to say it - been owned to many times with my poor caster by popping stealthers)

and as far as skill is concerned there is some skill to be needed, not for being zerging by mids & hibs (not only an albthing), but for running in a small group fighting and getting the healer/caster first...

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Jaapi said:
That can also be turned around to fit a group. In solo stealth wars you and only you have to play perfect. In a group all 8 have to play perfect.

Nah, if a tank goes and gets himself blown up for example, there's going to be someone to put him back together. Solo stealther only gets one shot at things.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Lethul said:
and you think that was tactics by the mids? :eek7:
Yes, the fact that they won prooved the tactic worked. To be honest the albs were dumbasses. Despite warnings they just went and chased.

I seen the same tatic used near granies last night in emain by hibs. Anyway the point was they worked together as an army not a zerg.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Aeicaan said:
why would ppl be so retarded and run like that? or maybe its just you
that why almost all albs suck so hard, because they have played this game to long and still cant play it with gimp specs and gimp groups

or they dont care as much about game as u and dont push their pram if they lose just 1 fight.

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
Nah, if a tank goes and gets himself blown up for example, there's going to be someone to put him back together. Solo stealther only gets one shot at things.
There might be someone to put him back together, it's never a sure thing and requires that the others play good enough to get him rezzed during a fight.
And please with the one shot only. Like you have never ran and restealthed.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Running and restealthing, if you mean kiting, is just a tactic, mostly used against heavy tanks. If you mean just retreating from a fight all together, then that can be a lot easier said than done. The stealth timer often makes it impossible, especially if your enemy has any kind of speed, stun, mes, spells, root, more end left than you, throw weapon, a bow, a zerg, a pet etc. etc.

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
With every class there is a degree of skill, some more then others with support chars being more towards the top end in fg rvr. Successful stealth classes too do require a decenty amount if not the most knowledge of other class armour types/spells and styles.

Every little helps n using cold lw's on a "oh i thought he wore cloth" friar will soon see u eating grass. you dont have a support healing class too correct a wrong mistake.

Having "deadicated" alert support chars within the fg will allow more freedom to try new fg setup's, this is mainly why an np/jh/dh grp come out on top.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I do get confused though, when a fg of hib Tiarna's (for example) meets a casual fg n the (stun immune) battlemaster ping pongs around grappling targets with no negative effect. They were going to win anyway, but this too me does have some impact to the so called "skill" of the grp.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I would love to say Daoc is a game of a high level of skill but alot of time i think thats pure bollox n just grp utility talking

Wmv

Fledgling Freddie
Jaapi said:

no, in a fg someone can make mistakes and the grp still win, make a mistake in a 1vs1 and you loose (ofc dependant on what mistake you do) :)

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Wmv said:
no, in a fg someone can make mistakes and the grp still win, make a mistake in a 1vs1 and you loose (ofc dependant on what mistake you do) :)

1v1 = equipment + luck!!!

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Wmv said:

No, 1v1 you can make a mistake and still win, make a mistake in a fgvfg and you lose < ofc depandant on what mistake you do> :)

Wmv

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
1v1 = equipment + luck!!!
Thats very true, but there isnt much room for failed styles, pot/charge fumbling and such vs strong high rr classes who can dish out alot of dmg in short time, its easier to get away with mistakes in fg fights imo

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Vindicator said:
No, 1v1 you can make a mistake and still win, make a mistake in a fgvfg and you lose < ofc depandant on what mistake you do> :)
That's the point, fg vs fg is exactly the same as 1 vs 1 with just more variables. If you make a mistake in 1 vs 1, who's to say the opponent won't?

And also on solo fights you only need to concentrate on one opponent. Fg vs fg that ain't possible.

I ain't saying fg vs fg players are more skilled, it's just different situation and tough to compare.

Aeicaan

One of Freddy's beloved
Gordonax said:
Because some people enjoy playing a class that's difficult to win with? Because some people don't want to play a game in easy mode all the time? Because some people like the challenge of making a competitive group that doesn't simply rely on cookie cutter line ups?

If you think that doing something different is "retarded", I pity you my friend.

think about it this way: You spec your chars the way you want, gimp or not, and die over and over in emain every day, untill you begin running in more then 1 fg (dont come with that crap 'this is RvR game not 1fg vs 1fg', as Most ppl like fg vs fg fights) and then come here and tell everbody that plays another realm that they play easymode and got the best chars and your own realm is so hardmode due to you cant even play your own chars.. yes thats retarded

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Aeicaan said:
think about it this way: You spec your chars the way you want, gimp or not, and die over and over in emain every day, untill you begin running in more then 1 fg (dont come with that crap 'this is RvR game not 1fg vs 1fg', as Most ppl like fg vs fg fights) and then come here and tell everbody that plays another realm that they play easymode and got the best chars and your own realm is so hardmode due to you cant even play your own chars.. yes thats retarded

For that guild in case as you seem to be refering to them, they dont go to emain over and over. You are also Generallising. Most people do not prefer fg v fg because the 'zerg' casual players as most refer to them prefer large scales fights, hence being called zerglings and they certainly dont prefer ther fg v the perfect fg dedicated grp with 8 ml10's and artifacts out the ying yang xD. YOU prefer that because it you know you are either on a level playing field with the few others < in comparasion to total server pop> who tweak ther grps as much as your self OR Facing a bunch of 'Noobs' with gimp specs and shit armor etc who dont play with each other much as well so you mop up.

Why is it Random Roleplayers always seem to have 1 asshole Warden in guild at a time :0? < Bittered by pwn points and superiority complex>

Jika's Clone tbh xD

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
it is the same story allways with the guys from random roleplayers.... somehow they have a very agressive attitude and need to raise them self above the "common" mob of daoc players.

it is very important for them to sling words like retarded and noobs around em....

maybee read this .....

taken from http://www.nickyee.com/hub/addiction/motivation.html

Individuals who have low self-esteem issues in real life can temporarily overcome these issues in virtual worlds. In an MMORPG, they may be able to feel strong and competent in ways that they are unable to in real life. In this way, an MMORPG empowers the player and reduces their sense of weakness and vulnerability. The following two players describe this compensation.

I've always been shy around people and never had a great social life and online gaming pretty much become the outlet for that. I've basically spent every waking hour online playing games so I could basically make up for my poor self-esteem in the games by leveling my characters so I'd be better than most and socializing a lot so I'd become a liked person. I recently tried to quit EQ, but after a month I was too bored with normal life again so I got sucked right back into it. [m, 20]

I think I am addicted. I think about EQ a lot, it makes me feel a little more powerful than I am in real life. It lets me feel like I'm actually accomplishing some amazing, like killing a dragon with a lot of my friends and I'm actually doing something useful, but I'm really just typing on a keyboard. [m, 19]

QUOTE]

allways a good read even if you aint addictet...

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Nalistah said:
If you still believe there is much skill involved in daoc, then my friend, you have never played a game that requires skill to compete.

"ok"

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
skill = experience and reflexes. dont need anything else in daoc really. Oh and patience,,, patience to do a month or two pve to fully equip your char : )

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Wmv said:

make a mistake in fg vs fg and you lose (ofc dependant on what mistake you do) :)

sry :E

oh and low rank infils with 9sec dragonfang stun DID hell of a lot mistakes but still won alot of 1vs1 fights :p

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Aeicaan said:
think about it this way: You spec your chars the way you want, gimp or not, and die over and over in emain every day, untill you begin running in more then 1 fg

Or, you don't run in emain.

Aeicaan said:
(dont come with that crap 'this is RvR game not 1fg vs 1fg', as Most ppl like fg vs fg fights)

If most people wanted 1fg vs 1fg, there wouldn't be zergs.

Aeicaan said:
and then come here and tell everbody that plays another realm that they play easymode and got the best chars and your own realm is so hardmode due to you cant even play your own chars.. yes thats retarded

Wrong.

Aeicaan

One of Freddy's beloved
Gordonax said:
Or, you don't run in emain.

If most people wanted 1fg vs 1fg, there wouldn't be zergs.

Wrong.

what?

and i love to see ppl in every thread "those rr ppl are really stupid" etc
i bet 80-90% of u havnt even ever talked to us and that makes it so fun

and filips i bet u have played this game as much the most 'addicted' ppl and still cant manage to handle your chars

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom