FAO Scouse, Tom, other bike nuts

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I have this vision now of a hairy metal fan tooling around Helsinki in leathers on a girls bike. Do you have the little tassles on the handlebars?

I don't drive that thing anymore, but if i get a new(old) one i'll be sure to do so :p

Well, i didn't drive -that- one anyway, mine was black and had batman tickers on it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It probably had bad-ass black ribbons on the handles.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
As has been said, you would be better off going second hand at that price range, would get a much better/more capable bike for your money should you get more into the off-road stuff.

Will

/bin/su
My mountain bike was second-hand from the classified section at Singletrack. £300 for a really very nice singlespeed hardtail. You can get bargains.

On the other hand, for a first bike, it is a lot safer to buy new. At that stage, you aren't really sure what you need to check and the sort of price it would take to fix things.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Stupidest most irrelevant bicycle invention ever. Bicycle helmets offer no protection against impacts with cars, they are designed for low-speed impacts only. And very, very few cycle-car collisions take place in the manner described by this video.

I have to say I'm skeptical. How would they stop it "going off" randomly just because you went over a big bump? Or make it reliably go off in the case of a fall. And do you really want to have it go off every time you fall off at low speed?

As for the cycle-car collisions - I thought we had a look at the stats and most deaths were cars simply running into cyclists from behind?

Edit: But it'd probably sell tho, because it looks cool.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I don't like wearing anything bulky around my neck when I'm cycling because I find it interferes with being able to turn my head. I do like the idea of huge baby bonnets magically appearing on people as they fall over though.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
how does it stay on? did I miss something to stop it moving around or bouncing off?

TdC

Going back to hospital tomorrow. The scary docs will tell me if I am all healed, wonky like Wazz or will be operated on forthwith. Oh man :(

TdC

cheers blud. I'm bricking it tbh. how's the foot?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Next MRI is end of August, so that'll be over 9 months since I picked it up.

It's probably been worsened by a shitty tube driver who tripped, fell and stamped on it with all his weight two weeks ago.

A woman nearly dropped a ham on it at the weekend too.

Basically, people are clumsy shits.

TdC

yeah people are clumsy myself included. I mis-stepped in Berlin and slid my "bad" leg off the sidewalk. Cue mad pain in my ankle for three weeks now :(

in other news hospital says my shoulder is still fucked. bones have not knit and there's a 5mm gap between the ends. So...no sports, no shoulder activity, carrying heavy things etc and certainly NO mountainbiking. Come back in six weeks mr teed. fuck :(

TdC

tbh I'm deeply unhappy. I can only sympathise with Wazz as he's been in this situation a hellofalot longer than me :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
That sucks. I've only done around 1,000 miles so far this year, a combination of really crap weather and tonnes of work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom