FAO Scouse, Tom, other bike nuts

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I've borrowed this thing from my LBS mate. It's a 29er :)

2013-03-23 22.08.54.jpg

I'll let you know what happens :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Handing it back in one piece will hopefully happen, although with DBs having escalator fail and things generally coming in threes who knows.

TdC

I'm sure I'll be fine. I've already tempted fate this week and she let it slide :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Not many spokes on those wheels for a fat lad like you :)

TdC

hur hur you weigh 5 stone more than me hulkster! :p

TdC

ok, 4, but you get the idea! :D

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
24 spoke wheels on a mountain bike, don't go over any bumps.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
My lad at work has a bike like that, he paid around £4000 for it ?

He's been riding it in the last week as his car is kaput. I'll try to get a picture of it

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I've borrowed this thing from my LBS mate. It's a 29er :)

Tell your mate that's a girls bike, compared to what's coming... ;)

I don't think I can wait any more. I think people are going to start dying soon. And not just from my monotonous ranting... :eek:

Will

/bin/su
Given TdC is off to hospital, I don't think it went too well.

TdC

yeah. slipped my right foot out the SPD on the frigging way HOME while sprinting and crashed spectacularly. landed on left shoulder and head. Helmet saved me I guess, because I was rather the worse for wear right after: couldn't walk/stand, didn't know where I was. Shoulder hurt so much that once I got home I almost couldn't get the biking kit off. Couldn't raise arm to horizontal and shoulder looked rather unnatural so I went off to the emergency thingy.

Doc there says collarbone's prolly not broken as the arm is not hanging like a sack of meat (I agree since I know this from breaking my OTHER collarbone yonks ago), but suspects that the collarbone or the shoulder itself may have briefly been dislocated given the odd look of the shoulder, bruising and general feel of the thing ( my cries of pain he ignored, and he told me off for biking in the shitty weather we were having for good measure).

Anyway am home now. Oh yeah, 29ers are AWESOME for the NL. I'm so getting one, they rock :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Handing it back in one piece will hopefully happen, although with DBs having escalator fail and things generally coming in threes who knows.

*cough* So that is the second so who will be the third.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Watching this thread for the first time is like watching a traiwreck in slow motion, you just know things gonna happen :D

TdC

going to the doc at 10. shoulder hurts. ribs hurt. worst of all I cant operate my espresso machine properly with one arm out of order :-/

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
B'jaesus Teddles. Hope they give you a quick x-ray to check things are all OK. :(

Anyway. What are your thoughts on the 29er? Ramble on as much as you like - I've nothing better do do than read about my chosen set of wheels until my own purchase finally gets put together :)

TdC

going for delicious x rays shortly. doc says my left AC joint is fucked and he's worried its more than Tossy-3, which could indicate operations. Tossy being some measurement scale of joint-be-fuckedness. Ive been given strict instructions to Not Use The Arm You Nitwit and now have a sling to rest it in. Oh joy.

Short version 29er's are awesome, for sure. Cba to write much now, bt I'll let you know :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Not sure I'll be able to afford my recumbent this year, I've spent a fortune on the house (and still have some to go) and an even bigger fortune on new equipment for work, so unless I get a loan I might have to wait :(

TdC

ok so lil update. my left shoulder is fubar: AC joint is tossy-3 and right on top of that the clavicle is separated. the hospital went ape shit and wanted to keep me there but after much discussion between Blonde Doctor (operate now!) and Brunette Doctor (conservative healing policies!) they decided to give me a week and then see if I am healing well enough to pursue Brunette Doctor's conservative strategy otherwise Blonde Doctor gets to poke me with sharp things. Booo :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
ok so lil update. my left shoulder is fubar: AC joint is tossy-3 and right on top of that the clavicle is separated. the hospital went ape shit and wanted to keep me there but after much discussion between Blonde Doctor (operate now!) and Brunette Doctor (conservative healing policies!) they decided to give me a week and then see if I am healing well enough to pursue Brunette Doctor's conservative strategy otherwise Blonde Doctor gets to poke me with sharp things. Booo :(

B'jaezus :(

Ul m8. That sucks balls. Lets hope you get away without surgery. Feel for ya :(

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home

These are women, yes? The blonde sounds filthy. Go with her.

Will

/bin/su
Anyway. What are your thoughts on the 29er? Ramble on as much as you like - I've nothing better do do than read about my chosen set of wheels until my own purchase finally gets put together :)
Having ridden a 29er for a few years now (a Gary Fisher Rig singlespeed) I really like them. If your riding mostly involves wheels on the ground, then the 29er just rolls better with less suspension needed to do that. Also, if you are tall, they just look less like a clown bike.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Dude, make sure you rest for the next week to help, don't go over excerting yourself, otherwise.... they'll cut yer up!!

TdC

B'jaezus :(

Ul m8. That sucks balls. Lets hope you get away without surgery. Feel for ya :(
cheers dude :)

These are women, yes? The blonde sounds filthy. Go with her.
yes, women. duh :) i dun like the blonde because she wants to stick me with sharp things. prolly the very reason you like her :p the brunette looks like a brazillian/asian cross. I bet she loves it. conservative strategy my hairy arse!

TdC

Dude, make sure you rest for the next week to help, don't go over excerting yourself, otherwise.... they'll cut yer up!!

the brunette doctor actually told me to keep the wrist and fingers of my left arm in good shape. I kind of did a double take at that point and wondered if it was the pain meds talking :(

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Embattle said:
*cough* So that is the second so who will be the third.

We have had 3 now.... Waz, Dbs and TdC bless them.

TdC remember blondes have more fun :p (whether that is at your expense is another thing *giggles*)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Do they sell one armed bikes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom