FAO maloch (or something similar)

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
579
hey mate, not sure if you're one of the warm speakers of hib baseline stun, but that fight under beno west bridge just now - with that in mind how can anyone justify it not being completely OP'd?
for all who weren't there, thats everyone but maloch and me. I get the drop on him with crit shot from bow, shots dies in bt thats cool, standard really. Maloch then qc mezz, cool enough, but that leaves him with god knows how long (still cool) to cast the baseline stun (not cool) no purge up means everyone caught in this sit is a sitting duck for how ever long dur the stun has, with toa cast speed it doesnt really matter if its 5 sec or 35...
take it as a whine if you want, i just needed to ask Maloch if he can justify it ( not blaming him for using it, i would too if i had it)
 

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
579
Jupiter said:
hhahah infil/alb whine hahahahahh
read crit shot retard, hardly on an infil, anyways did the thread say FAO Jupiter?
 

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jun 12, 2004
Messages
972
Jobil said:
read crit shot retard, hardly on an infil, anyways did the thread say FAO Jupiter?
LOL did mael insert a cucumber up ur ass while u were stunned or something :wij:
 

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
579
Phooka said:
LOL did mael insert a cucumber up ur ass while u were stunned or something :wij:
nope, im not pissed at him for using stun when he has it, but this monkey just crept in and started saying something that sounded like a throat disease.
i just want an honest opinion, if ppl really dont think its OP'd to render an opponent completely defenseless with the cast times TOA brought
 

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Joined
Jan 16, 2004
Messages
5,056
Jobil said:
read crit shot retard, hardly on an infil, anyways did the thread say FAO Jupiter?
Ahahah scout retard? :p
Better luck next time i reckon ... or not oO
 

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
2,472
what exactly was the point of this thread? you attacked a rr10 ment as a low rr scout, died because he is better than u then complained? imagine he didnt bother with his baseline stun (which yes i willl agree is OP) and just nuked u four times for 600 which he probably could have done before u managed to reach him?
what a pointless whine, omg i died, i need to qq ;(
 

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
579
Elitestoner said:
what exactly was the point of this thread? you attacked a rr10 ment as a low rr scout, died because he is better than u then complained? imagine he didnt bother with his baseline stun (which yes i willl agree is OP) and just nuked u four times for 600 which he probably could have done before u managed to reach him?
what a pointless whine, omg i died, i need to qq ;(
correct, 'cept it was never meant as a whine, i wanted to know if this crappy baseline stun is considered totally ok, havent played the game for a while and was kinda shocked at how effective it was.
and Gahn, yup bet you told yourself better luck next time when the infs had you on forced /afk for 9 sec with DF?
 

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
2,392
Jobil said:
I get the drop on him with crit shot from bow, shots dies in bt thats cool, standard really. Maloch then qc mezz, cool enough, but that leaves him with god knows how long (still cool) to cast the baseline stun (not cool) no purge up means everyone caught in this sit is a sitting duck for how ever long dur the stun has, with toa cast speed it doesnt really matter if its 5 sec or 35...
take it as a whine if you want, i just needed to ask Maloch if he can justify it
Yes, it's very strong 1v1. Having 2 forms of CC is also very nice.

However, you should know all hib casters have baseline stun and if you'd figured me for a menta you would know i have a ghetto mez too...so attacking me with purge down was kinda asking for it ;). Not knocking you btw, would rather 'have a go' at peeps with ra's down that hide from em.

If you argument is it's not fair you can't beat me without purge up, there's lots of classes I can't beat with ra's down. Just have to live with it.

Don't see it anyworst than lot of other stuff in the game (lifetap, insta-lifetap, high dps on classes with aoe CC, FZ and stun on same class, chambers, chainstunning ML9 pets, etc...).

Mael, 50th ment.
 

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
2,392
Samaroon EatsCheese said:
dont like maelochs stun.. seems to last longer than everyone elses
People snort at my roleplaying template, but..

Mael, 50th ment.
 

Attachments

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Nov 27, 2004
Messages
502
If it's not one thing its the other. Dont worry, they'll be back to whining about ani's next week :/

//edit: *reminisces*

first month of NF: albs walked over all... where was teh stun whine then?
 

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
685
Am using +23 dex, 9% casting speed and aug dexterity 2, with 376 dex in total, and I still feel that I cast just as slow as pre-toa :<.
 

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
589
Jobil said:
nope, im not pissed at him for using stun when he has it, but this monkey just crept in and started saying something that sounded like a throat disease.
i just want an honest opinion, if ppl really dont think its OP'd to render an opponent completely defenseless with the cast times TOA brought
You mean like, erm, slam? Or having access to, well, insane range with insane damage on it to boot? If you got Maeloch at ~2500 range then you'd probably have killed him and, oh look! There's nothing he coulda done about it, just the same way there's nothing you could have done when he got the jump on you. Oh, and before you pull out the QC argument, any scout worth a dime would not engage unless at max range and fairly sure they can get off a second shot before the target figures out what way to run (either towards to counter-attack or away to stop the 3rd shot), meaning that if he's in range for a QC cast, you're doing something wrong.

Oh, add in the fact he's in a full TOA kit, RR10 with nice +damage RAs and one of the better casters out there.... I doubt he really woulda needed stun to kill you, he just didn't want you hitting him with slam or FZ, or hitting phase shift and running away like 99% of the scouts about nowadays...

Oh, and let's talk about overpowered? How about bolt-range castable pets with chain stun? Yip, I see you have a Theurgist among your alts.

Don't even start me on the infil class...

Jobil said:
correct, 'cept it was never meant as a whine, i wanted to know if this crappy baseline stun is considered totally ok, havent played the game for a while and was kinda shocked at how effective it was.
FYI, baseline stun has been in the game since the start, and I've been over the argument before about why Hibs original casters got it (Mids got free use of both 1h and 2h with the same specline, Albs got tanks with Plate and 3 stealthers instead of the 2 in the other realms) and only now are people whining about it. Now that the duration is affected by resists (it was a FULL 9 seconds before that, even if you have 100% resists) and the resist rate was increased in the TOA patch. Guess there's nothing else to moan about apart from 'shrooms and we need a change....

Also, add in the fact that you can get purge1 for 5 points and it's even easier to get away from the stun as it was pre-NF, since in the 5 seconds it takes for the purge1 to take effect. If a scout attacks me I can do, ermmm 1 debuff and 2 nukes. Yes, I have 374 dex and +10% casting speed, but that still means I can only dish out those 3 spells. QC puts a delay of 1 second before I can cast again, debuff is base of 2 seconds, nukes are base of 2.6 seconds so, actually, I can only cast a debuff and 1 nuke while purge1 is acting (2+2.6+2.6 = 7.2, reduce that by 40% to the capped casting speed and you get 4.32 seconds for a debuff and 2 DDs, meaning I can dish out 1296 damage maximum before crits, I'd say maeloch would do on average the same depending on the targets resists, though he wouldn't use so much mana).

Also, you be on the receiving end of a MOC lifetap and see how bad you think baseline stun is then....
 

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
1,098
apparently nfd have a gm in the guild, probably why they can get away with penlid using radar ;d
 

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
589
Elendar said:
apparently nfd have a gm in the guild, probably why they can get away with penlid using radar ;d
^^ coming from a Maelstrom member that's, erm... worthy of a nomination for the 2005 Comedian Awards ;)

/hug
 

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
1,098
VidX said:
^^ coming from a Maelstrom member that's, erm... worthy of a nomination for the 2005 Comedian Awards ;)

/hug
penlid actually admitted having used radar though :p
 

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
589
I use radar too!

Infact, I have a "/y <bleep> <bleep> <ping> <bleep>" macro!

(Disclaimer: No I don't use radar, never will, ruins the game imo, just showing the difference between saying you use it and actually using it, also fairly sure no Maelstrom members use it either, it's just easier to "/g ffs! damn radar fucktards!" than it is to "/g ffs we suck, we're blind, open your eyes ffs" :D)
 

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
1,098
VidX said:
I use radar too!

Infact, I have a "/y <bleep> <bleep> <ping> <bleep>" macro!

(Disclaimer: No I don't use radar, never will, ruins the game imo, just showing the difference between saying you use it and actually using it, also fairly sure no Maelstrom members use it either, it's just easier to "/g ffs! damn radar fucktards!" than it is to "/g ffs we suck, we're blind, open your eyes ffs" :D)
check this thread :p https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=56741&page=5&pp=15
and i hadn't seriously considerd that he did before this either, but since he seems happy to admit he did on us....
 

Zede

Part of the furniture
Joined
Jan 30, 2004
Messages
3,584
hib caster baseline stun and shrooms has nothing what so ever to do with the fact hib has by far more relics than the other 2 realms, across the world.

its skills honest govenor !

>ships maeloch off to see No2<
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom