FAO Eclipse

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
FAQ Eclipse

Do u find it fun to camp amg > apk farming a few solo ppl and the odd fool hardy grp?

Logged on daoc just after mid day and runing about solo in emain, had a few fights with other solo'ers and its all quite fun. Hits about 4pm you've got a fg of opted ppl running about, theres nothing wrong with that but when you've only got a few randoms not even enough to string together a opted random grp of low RR's VS your high RRs as enemys takes the fun out of the game.

Gets to the point now where ppl just sit at apk and say " No point going out vs them, not rigth classes, not high enough RR's, lets just w8 till they go away." Tbh what more can you do, A) Sit it out till they get borred, B) Hope they sucide or go some place else, C) Go some place else only to get boned harder than being in prison with a cell m8 called Bubba, D) Get out you stealther and join the zerg.

Tbh i can understand some aspects of it but when you cant even get many kills because ppl wont fight you, and the type of kills you get are very unskilled as being that you cant fight grps of even strength or RR cant be much fun for you?

Then again some ppl are more fixated with the "Must get RPs and be the highest biggest badest d00d on the server".

This isnt a whine that you run opted grps, but when it completely kills of Casual RvR, it isnt even primetime yet. So this is more of a whine that you run opted grps off primetime.
All that happens is ppl just dont play and so you get biten in the ass eventually just takes longer.

For those ppl that reply with the QQ/m00 crap so they can post farm or something, why post if you havent any valid opinion or anything inteligent to say.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
The games been like that for ages.

Can only blame each other.

Doink-666

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh if ur solo dont go emain period, go HW/Odins imo. I find that Emain always has a group of some sort running about at some time. Its all you can do as nothing will change imo :eek6:

remi

Fledgling Freddie
how bout you go solo in odins or hw then? :p

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
remi said:
how bout you go solo in odins or hw then? :p

I wasnt complaining about getting zerged for being solo or anything like that, i always try to get grps at apk. The point your missing is that its offpeak hrs, you often cant run opted grps at these times so i dont mind running in random grps, but when you face opted grps offpeak u lose without a chnace.

Zorin

Fledgling Freddie
you can easily get an opted group up at 4 pm if you put some effort in it. it's not about checking "who's in pk". it's about getting connections and ask people to form the group then go somewhere. I've been running wit opted group at that times several times and havent seen any complains.

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
wasn't full eclipse group fyi. Only eclipsies were Jarakin and Latino. We just went out into Emain to have some fun. Only people we found were stealthers and soloers, so was quite boring anyhow. Gained 25k of soloers and stealthers and camping APK and MPK :eek:

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Zorin said:
you can easily get an opted group up at 4 pm if you put some effort in it. it's not about checking "who's in pk". it's about getting connections and ask people to form the group then go somewhere. I've been running wit opted group at that times several times and havent seen any complains.

Maybe but when albs RvR guilds anit even on, and you ask in /as or thru some guilds, lots of arent back from work by then. Guess in mid school has kicked out by then :p

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Tareregion said:
wasn't full eclipse group fyi. Only eclipsies were Jarakin and Latino. We just went out into Emain to have some fun. Only people we found were stealthers and soloers, so was quite boring anyhow. Gained 25k of soloers and stealthers and camping APK and MPK :eek:

Aye maybe it wasnt ur full crew but still was probley the strongest grp about and availble by all 3 realms. Was lots of ppl just standing around at apk because couldnt get any kind of grp that could have a chance vs u.

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
well aye it was quite boring and we did have a strong and high RR crew about. We even sat in DC for 45 minutes waiting for the Alb zerg to come out :(

Kragh

One of Freddy's beloved
Eclipse was kind enough to let me finish off a solo alb venturing to apk, before running me over from behind at 04:00 am-something a couple of nights ago.. /cheer ;-P

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Zorin said:
you can easily get an opted group up at 4 pm if you put some effort in it. it's not about checking "who's in pk".

Oh yea do u know how hard it is to get a decent cleric? Actually any cleric? Let alone a reliable one (Was in a grp with 2 clerics yesterday - Random opted grp, they were so quality that when they had the savage train on them + SOS on they stood there and died ....). Offpeak hrs = slim - None = Grp dead.

Kawaii

Fledgling Freddie
and whats wrong with running an opted grop at all times?
most of these groups are guilds and friends who played long with each other and play good together... nothing wrong with that?

if hibs manage to get a group together at that time with our 'lower' population, it shouldnt be a problem at all to find friends and guildies who you know that are good players to make a set group with?

and if you see you're playing a class there isn't need for in the realm at the moment, ever considered playing another char? I tried out cleric a while ago, and i liked it, maybe you can try playing cleric, if u dont like it,well you can get it some motarcana then :p

Fenster

Fledgling Freddie
emain is most populated rvsr zone, if only 1 realm can field a decent fg then blame the server imo.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Uhm, so basicly you whine @ people running an opted (non guild group - only 2 from eclipse etc) at offpeak hours? (4pm) Oh right, that makes a lot of sence...

Where were they spose to go to try to find an even group to fight, if not emain?... /shrug better if they went odins and fought other random groups? Or they shouldn't run together because they beat you? Or they should run 5 ppl groups because that's all it takes to ((utterly destroy your random groups without clerics)) kill you, or what? Hmmz... some ppl, oh well...

Gahn

Resident Freddy
o_O

Kreig said:
Do u find it fun to camp amg > apk farming a few solo ppl and the odd fool hardy grp?

Logged on daoc just after mid day and runing about solo in emain, had a few fights with other solo'ers and its all quite fun. Hits about 4pm you've got a fg of opted ppl running about, theres nothing wrong with that but when you've only got a few randoms not even enough to string together a opted random grp of low RR's VS your high RRs as enemys takes the fun out of the game.

Gets to the point now where ppl just sit at apk and say " No point going out vs them, not rigth classes, not high enough RR's, lets just w8 till they go away." Tbh what more can you do, A) Sit it out till they get borred, B) Hope they sucide or go some place else, C) Go some place else only to get boned harder than being in prison with a cell m8 called Bubba, D) Get out you stealther and join the zerg.

Tbh i can understand some aspects of it but when you cant even get many kills because ppl wont fight you, and the type of kills you get are very unskilled as being that you cant fight grps of even strength or RR cant be much fun for you?

Then again some ppl are more fixated with the "Must get RPs and be the highest biggest badest d00d on the server".

This isnt a whine that you run opted grps, but when it completely kills of Casual RvR, it isnt even primetime yet. So this is more of a whine that you run opted grps off primetime.
All that happens is ppl just dont play and so you get biten in the ass eventually just takes longer.

For those ppl that reply with the QQ/m00 crap so they can post farm or something, why post if you havent any valid opinion or anything inteligent to say.

I find your sig tbh a bit controvertial with your post ^^

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Edlina said:
Uhm, so basicly you whine @ people running an opted (non guild group - only 2 from eclipse etc) at offpeak hours? (4pm) Oh right, that makes a lot of sence...

Where were they spose to go to try to find an even group to fight, if not emain?... /shrug better if they went odins and fought other random groups? Or they shouldn't run together because they beat you? Or they should run 5 ppl groups because that's all it takes to ((utterly destroy your random groups without clerics)) kill you, or what? Hmmz... some ppl, oh well...

Only died once to them then went and sat apk. Whether they find grps that is equal to them i guess is a moot point like sycho says, as the game doesnt have any middle ground anymore. Ahh well i dont mind back to my none fotm inf, havent played him in a long time.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Gahn said:
I find your sig tbh a bit controvertial with your post ^^

True but have had that sig for years now, before the concept of fotm/RA's/Opted grps even existed so at the time of creation it was justified, in todays more hardcore gaming where only winning is the only key it does go against what i originally put in this thread, <ahh the good old days>.

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
Weren't you that infil dude who spent hours and hours in DF killing grey con mids once?

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Groborthir said:
Weren't you that infil dude who spent hours and hours in DF killing grey con mids once?

No just killed any 1, like my sig says. Tbh its not like ppl dont do it now or even way back then becuase most ppl did even tho they might deny it. Besides if u've killed all the Yellows > Greens might as well kill the greys also.

nick

Fledgling Freddie
Q ______________________________________________ Q

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
:twak:
nick said:
Q ______________________________________________ Q

Kreig said:

tilde

One of Freddy's beloved
zerg back with 2-3fg of randoms, usually gives a good and fun fight

im serious!

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Kreig said:

To postfarm? o.0

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Kreig said:
Oh yea do u know how hard it is to get a decent cleric? Actually any cleric? Let alone a reliable one (Was in a grp with 2 clerics yesterday - Random opted grp, they were so quality that when they had the savage train on them + SOS on they stood there and died ....). Offpeak hrs = slim - None = Grp dead.

ROLL A CLERIC

I rolled a druid; same class basically.

try it instead of rolling something and complainimg about lack of support. U want support-classes? PLAY THEM

It also has the bonus that your group never lacks a cleric....

And approx 25k in such a run aint bad RP. Just put some effort in it. If Hibs can find 2 druids; Albs can find 2 clerics.

It aint rocket-science; but yes if you all make infil alts and stuff things dont get better.

And you're rolling infils because U cannot get 'good group' ... WELL DUH!!!

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Platina said:
Tbh it´s funny to a Mpk camper post this :flame:

Dont quite what your saying there, if its that im a MPK camper quite funny cos i rarely RvR in emain, so dunno where u got that from if thats what u mean to say?

Tilde - would zerg em back but when at best there is between 8 - 10 ppl , not inc stealthers wanting to RvR in emain at that time u got no chance.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Kreig if you played your inf this thread wouldn't of been made 8]]]

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Tareregion said:

That u have to tell how much rps u gained there just prooves the posters point >< 1337 d00000d m8!!11 :flame:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom