explosions at the boston marathon

Aada

Part of the furniture
What if this is a new Chechen thing? Highly doubtful but this would be interesting.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
What if this is a new Chechen thing? Highly doubtful but this would be interesting.

What do you mean "new" Chechen thing? They've never really stopped blowing shit up, its just that they seem to have morphed from a nationalist to an Islamist agenda over the last decade or so.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm not from America. And I'm trying to take things as light heartedly as possible, but it becomes a little harder when you live less than a mile from these guys!

This whole week has been fucking weird. I see all the posts here and everywhere else making light of this in some ways because of all the awful things elsewhere in the world...and I know the people are right...but I had to bite my tongue from lashing out because this has hit really close to home from me.

Shame you don't live in Pakistan then.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ikes-in-Pakistan-since-start-of-campaign.html

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Its a bit difficult not to be flippant about all this if you're English; I've been "just a couple of miles away" from bombs going off more times than I care to think about (I think about 1/2 a mile would be the actual nearest - BBC bomb), and I have to admit to a certain schadenfreude about it being Boston of all places in the US going through this (not that I'd wish it on anywhere, but if I was forced to choose...)
Because of the history of support for the IRA here? Otherwise I can't think of any other reason to dislike the place?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Cerb said:
Because of the history of support for the IRA here? Otherwise I can't think of any other reason to dislike the place?

Yes. And the fuckers were still shaking the tin after the GFA. Did it to me in '98 or '99 in a bar (thick cunt couldn't tell my accent was northern not Australian). Wasn't even an Irish bar as I recall.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
They've got him surrounded, hiding on a boat on land wasn't the best idea.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Watertown, Boston. He's hiding out in a boat. You couldn't write this shit.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Watertown, Boston. He's hiding out in a boat. You couldn't write this shit.
I used to work in the Target that he's behind!!!

Fucking hated the place so blow it to fuck for all I care!

rynnor

Rockhound
caLLous said:
Looks like they got him alive.

Currently - he was bleeding from gunshot wounds all day so he may not survive.

Interesting news about his brother - the Russians contacted the FBI about him two years ago.

The FBI interviewed him but decided he was ok - a decision thats going to look pretty dodgy now...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Apparently they had OVER 9000!!!!! cops chasing that guy...

Sorry i couldn't help it... :<

Aada

Part of the furniture
Apparently they had OVER 9000!!!!! cops chasing that guy...

Sorry i couldn't help it... :<

Anyone committing a terrorist act IN America will feel the full weight of the American Justice machine, there is nothing they won't use to get the people involved.

People are commenting they saw 1-2 drones around the city airspace during the hunt.

rynnor

Rockhound
The question now is will the US stick to its ideals of justice or will it become a parody of its stated values and declare him an enemy combatant in an undeclared war that will never end.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
They can't send him to Gitmo though because he's a citizen no?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Anyone committing a terrorist act IN America will feel the full weight of the American Justice machine, there is nothing they won't use to get the people involved.

People are commenting they saw 1-2 drones around the city airspace during the hunt.

I was making a pun, and i hate you for having me explain it! :)

rynnor

Rockhound
They can't send him to Gitmo though because he's a citizen no?

A couple of senators have called for his constitutional rights to be waved - Obama wont do it though as its crazy but its sad to see Senators who defended peoples constitutional right to bear arms treating the constitution as a buffet.

He's already in a slightly grey area as he hasn't currently got his miranda rights due to a piece of terror legislation which lets them delay his miranda rights for an unspecified period if they want info on a potential current threat.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
A couple of senators have called for his constitutional rights to be waved - Obama wont do it though as its crazy but its sad to see Senators who defended peoples constitutional right to bear arms treating the constitution as a buffet.

He's already in a slightly grey area as he hasn't currently got his miranda rights due to a piece of terror legislation which lets them delay his miranda rights for an unspecified period if they want info on a potential current threat.

if you want us, we'll be out back waterboarding him ?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
3u0eku.jpg

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
As usual its all unravelling for the FBI..it would seem he was actually their number 1 threat..but they chose to ask him if he was a terrorist and he said no....case closed.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Hope the kid likes solitary confinement for the rest of his life in some dark cell never to be seen again, pretty sure life means life in America and being a terrorist he shouldn't expect to see the sun anytime soon.

Job

Well Nelson Mandella was let out and they named streets after him

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I expect there will be some leniency because his defence will doubtless say he was coerced and brainwashed (etc etc) by big brother (it sounds like it was him that was more the religious nutjob).

Yay conjecture!

Job

I know its easy to be an armchair detective..but what the living fuk where thosr coppers doing..they were handcuffing the brothrr on the floor and the younger one managed to drive over the body and make his escape without anyone following him..did they all lose their car keys? a massive manhunt and he drove away from the scene...ditched the car and ran off...it just seems so incompetent.

rynnor

Rockhound
Job said:
a massive manhunt and he drove away from the scene...ditched the car and ran off...it just seems so incompetent.

I wondered about that myself - no police helicopter and noone followed him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom