exploiting bugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Was running with my duo partner, Infer, when a guy PM'ed us and said a SB+Hunter was camping beno docks, and then jumping inside the bugged boats for cover, a few meters away from the shore.

So we tried everything. A scout came to try'n FZ them. Mixal jumped fairly quick and was gang bang raped ofc, but Guindor just stayed there. We were going to let him go, but after 30 mins of waiting and taking screenies (several people came to see the phenomenon ---sp??) after trying to FZ, crystal titan, poisonspike and siege the damn boat (lol) we gave up. Guindor did leave at one point tho, he was waiting for 2 of his mates to come help him get away safely (didnt happen tho).

Anyways, is this not exploiting a bug? We all know these boats stuck at Hadrian's Wall are bugged-- so using them to go to cover and be completely immune to anything must be considered bug exploiting? Am I right?

27b.jpg

f88.jpg

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
you spent 30 minutes realising that? whoa! look for other targets and do a /laugh at them for being childish would be the better option ~~

Helme

Resident Freddy
Love your macro there :p

Anyways why is it only Midgard boats that seems to bug? I have seen 2 hib ones but no alb.

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
you spent 30 minutes realising that? whoa! look for other targets and do a /laugh at them for being childish would be the better option ~~

Actually it was kinda entertaining figuring out how to try'n get 'em off the boat tho :)

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Does seem to be exploiting a bug, especially if the hung around once realising they couldn't be attacked.

I'd rightnow it - that is if you're positive there was no way they could be attacked.

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
Arkian said:
Does seem to be exploiting a bug, especially if the hung around once realising they couldn't be attacked.

I'd rightnow it - that is if you're positive there was no way they could be attacked.

Like I said, did /dismiss and /point in the distance several times (sort of as to give them a chance to get away and warn them that they were actually exploiting a bug). Tried to get them off boat physically in 1000 ways, including FZ, pbaoe, crystal titans, siege and various mines. None worked.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
can you not single target nuke em?

or is that just on the purchased boats...

FZ will no longer work in a future patch, I'd report it tbh.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
AFAIK ae doesn't work on boats, but you can single nuke/shoot at them.
I guess a scout or nightshade in fop could do it:-P

Kais

Banned
its quite possibly the funniest bug at present, there is nothing better than sitting in the boat on the beno shoreline surrounded by 2fg albs with no fz, just shows how pathetic they are if they are willing to wait 30 mins for you to get zephyred out or disembark from it yourself.

Kais

Banned
Leel said:
AFAIK ae doesn't work on boats, but you can single nuke/shoot at them.
I guess a scout or nightshade in fop could do it:-P

you cant, as the bugged boats are the uncontrollable ones you buy the tickets for at the dock merchants, so with the exception of fz there is no way to remove you, if your a stealther I guess you could sit in there all day without being removed.

mightybunny

Fledgling Freddie
hmmm weird when i try to get in boat that's stuck i cant get in.
It throws me out alway's because it cant go anywhere

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
happened a few times aswell.. mostly bonedancers and mid stealthers abusing the bugged boats, fzed a few out and left the others.. cant even fz em out with pach so lets hope they fix those boats

(and yes, prolly only reason its just mids abusing them is cos theres hardly any hib/alb bugged boats, nerf those drunken dorf YMCA sailors t.t)

Pipppi

Fledgling Freddie
i dont really see the abusing, since they cant attack you etc.
but if they had a healer in for healing while fighting outside id understand teh crying

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Its bug abuse, they cannot be attacked and have a safe point they can always retreat to when in danger in an enemy zone to heal up, or rebuff.

Rightnow it and get rid of the cowards.

snort

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Its bug abuse, they cannot be attacked and have a safe point they can always retreat to when in danger in an enemy zone to heal up, or rebuff.

I have seen both Mid Stealthers sit and rest, seen healers use the boat for active healing and buffing

Pure mid bug abuse

Report all that use it, i have and i will do it as fast as i see anyone do it!

Pipppi

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:

not saying its not a bug, but the SS jimmi posted seemed innocent enuff. not like they cud do anything there just emote etc :)

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Pipppi said:
i dont really see the abusing, since they cant attack you etc.
but if they had a healer in for healing while fighting outside id understand teh crying

1vs1 bd vs chanter: bonedancer on 10% wo pets jumps on boat and recasts all his pets

gay hunter starts sniping solo enchanter: lock pet on hunter and get out of los, pet hits, move in to nuke > hunter uses liddul speedburst to get to a boat and restealth

true its not abusing 8|

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Pipppi said:
not saying its not a bug, but the SS jimmi posted seemed innocent enuff. not like they cud do anything there just emote etc :)

Whats innocent about hiding in a boat to stay safe from harm and heal up or escape in enemy territory, when no one else has this option ?

Soon as you step foot out of the boarderkeep you should lose all such protection.

Pipppi

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Whats innocent about hiding in a boat to stay safe from harm and heal up or escape in enemy territory, when no one else has this option ?

Soon as you step foot out of the boarderkeep you should lose all such protection.

yes even if they tried to ecape sumtin they got surrounded by tons of albs, not like they healing up or rbing wud help them get away?

not entierly safe either since they are pretty much stuck there and sooner or later a FZer will come by and get em

btw, if you stand at docks and buy a ticket when u see inc and jump in teh boat you are protected aswell, so you last statement isnt entierly true

Pipppi

Fledgling Freddie
lofff said:
1vs1 bd vs chanter: bonedancer on 10% wo pets jumps on boat and recasts all his pets

gay hunter starts sniping solo enchanter: lock pet on hunter and get out of los, pet hits, move in to nuke > hunter uses liddul speedburst to get to a boat and restealth

true its not abusing 8|

yes you have to w8 about 20s before jumping in teh boat after combat, so that gotto be one shitty chanter, but yes that would be serious abuse. teh ss doesnt show anything like that tho...which was my point

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Pipppi said:
yes even if they tried to ecape sumtin they got surrounded by tons of albs, not like they healing up or rbing wud help them get away?

not entierly safe either since they are pretty much stuck there and sooner or later a FZer will come by and get em

btw, if you stand at docks and buy a ticket when u see inc and jump in teh boat you are protected aswell, so you last statement isnt entierly true

They can escape combat, and heal up at their own leisure, of cause its abuse.

Pipppi

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
They can escape combat, and heal up at their own leisure, of cause its abuse.
what if you:
take a boat
afk
it get stuck

are you then bugabusing until you get back, mistur bugabuse-oracle?
beacuse I for one think afkin on boat would result in permaban

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
I guess it's nothing wrong in sitting in bugged boat w/o any activity.

Exploit would be if u use the boat as an advantage, i.e. for rest, restealth or for avoiding the fight.

Pipppi

Fledgling Freddie
Summoner said:
I guess it's nothing wrong in sitting in bugged boat w/o any activity.

Exploit would be if u use the boat as an advantage, i.e. for rest, restealth or for avoiding the fight.
yes like VP-vent
"run to teh boat, run to teh boat" :)

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Pipppi said:
yes you have to w8 about 20s before jumping in teh boat after combat, so that gotto be one shitty chanter, but yes that would be serious abuse. teh ss doesnt show anything like that tho...which was my point

1- its 10 seconds

2- sprint surface/dive like a monkey and TADA 10seconds passed u got in ur boat

3- speedburst..

the only shitty one is the exploiter.

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
for someone who knows so litle about the game and has such a small/shortterm rvr experience u should really stfu and stop playing 'Midgard FH defender' on the boards pipppi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom