EU Account Center Migration - 4/20/2010

hibblet

Fledgling Freddie
/as chat is working, cant see anyone on social
Alliance: Eclipse
Guild: Use The Wall
Server: Dyvet ( alliance is originally from Prydwen/ Hibernia)

seems that social is working again just logged in and bingo

Mythic_Andy

Fledgling Freddie
Regarding Game Time Codes.

Unfortunately for the time being EU players will be restricted to using Time Cards. We are actively investigating better options for our players, however, for now at least, this is the best solution we have available.

it is important to note that if you already have a recurring NA sub, you should not be prompted to enter a time code unless you somehow alter your payment information.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Regarding Game Time Codes.

Unfortunately for the time being EU players will be restricted to using Time Cards. We are actively investigating better options for our players, however, for now at least, this is the best solution we have available.

it is important to note that if you already have a recurring NA sub, you should not be prompted to enter a time code unless you somehow alter your payment information.

Andy you are missing the point!

Currently when buying Time Cards we are being given time cards that can only be used on the EU Account Center. This means we are issued with an EU time card, these cannot be used on the US Account Center. This means currently that EU players have no way of resubscribing to DAOC.

When we visit the EAStore we are redirected to the EU version of the store, we cannot buy US version time cards.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
What Penlid just said :)....what i've posted in 2 threads now too :)

Oh and Andy I doubt there is a problem for most ppl using using time cards - I'd actually prefer to use them if only the US account centre was upgraded to accept our NON-US ones.

I think the point made earlier about using a Credit card as an option was BECAUSE we cant use the non-US time cards. ANY of the 2 options would be good as atm neither are available for EU accounts

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Mythic in not testing it and running blindly into another cock up shocker!

Mythic_Andy

Fledgling Freddie
Andy you are missing the point!

Currently when buying Time Cards we are being given time cards that can only be used on the EU Account Center. This means we are issued with an EU time card, these cannot be used on the US Account Center. This means currently that EU players have no way of resubscribing to DAOC.

When we visit the EAStore we are redirected to the EU version of the store, we cannot buy US version time cards.

I understand.

I'll check into this ASAP.

Judder

Loyal Freddie
And Andy there has been no update on when we can have more than two accounts per user, as the EA site only allows us to buy 2 time cards, before locking our account.

If your not going to allow us to pay for our EU accounts by credit card you need to get that fixed unless you don't want our monthly subscriptions ?

Nate

FH is my second home
Towers on Dyvet are "Claimed By:" theres no guild name and when going near them they have an empty guild emblem yet are level 10. The tower close to Bolg on the north side I noticed hasn't been effected and is showing the guild name.

Mythic_Andy

Fledgling Freddie
Towers on Dyvet are "Claimed By:" theres no guild name and when going near them they have an empty guild emblem yet are level 10. The tower close to Bolg on the north side I noticed hasn't been effected and is showing the guild name.

We're checking into this now.

Thanks for the report!

szogun

Regular Freddie
hmmm cant log on EU seys account or password incorrect cant log neither on US on EU account is it like it should be?

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Your account name needs to have _EU at the end. ACCOUNT_EU for example.

eble

Fledgling Freddie
Quite a few changes are happening at once.

People firstly need to read how to access the servers either the US or EU before creating a rage thread.

Secondly we need the time card issue fixing asap if were not able to use cradit cards etc.

Thirdly monitor the herald, was some guild issues that could stuff things up, no point rushing this.

We all want the transfer, but I also want the gear the chars are carryin, money in my bank and a guild. :)

Oh and always remember - GOA said this could never be done, transfer from EU to US wasn't possible, so with Mythic doing the impossible expect some problems along the way :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else had all their quickbars, options and settings cleared and reset upon reentering post-maintenance?

Or am I just really unlucky?

Septina

Part of the furniture
Anyone else had all their quickbars, options and settings cleared and reset upon reentering post-maintenance?

Or am I just really unlucky?

You need to re-name your .ini file. They've changed the names on Prydwen and Excal. For example, before they did the changes my ini file for the warrior was Waddle-1.ini for excal, just went into the folder and changed it to Waddle-90.ini and it worked.

For prydwen it's 91.

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
It's also good to have a backup of your chars .ini files for future purposes.

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
i cant find any of the ini files wtf? i did a complete pc search and nothing

hibblet

Fledgling Freddie
normally found on c:\

like this

C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\LotM

my appdata is a hidden file so might have to use file options to reveal it

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
So your old Eu account is supposed to work with new US/warhammer billing page?

Just tried mine since I wanted to change the email for my old EU account and surprise surprise none of my EU accounts work Oó

Tested the old "game name" and the "sub name" and the old psw's that worked when I played .DE, neither worked and it said that the "combinations" etc couldn't be found.

Did EA throw away all the old accounts that hadn't been active for a while or what :p ?

I mean my US account work, and it is from 2001 aswell.. and I havn't played on that one for a while either. If following the master account logic wouldn't my old EU GAMENAME become my new "master account name" right?

Anyone heard of this before? :(

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
If you read the OP you would know that you need to append _eu after your EU account name to access the NA system with your EU account

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Am unable to log into the account centre with my euro accounts (yes i've appended _eu to the account names).

tried using "forgotten account name" and entered various email addresses and for all but one i get "email address not found" and for the one it does recognise only lists my my US accounts.

it does recognise my accounts and passwords in the game itself though, but as they're expired until i can renew them it's bugger all use.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
sorted out one account - must have changed password at some point, but for some reason the transfer from euro removed my email address from account details hence it not coming up.

Khornay

Fledgling Freddie
Well I was able to find my account of which i didn't know the account name anymore, nor did i know the emailaddres. (Or the email addres was removed during the process).

All I actually knew was the charname i used and the server it was on. They were able to find it however and they put in a password to the accountname they found again and i was able to change it by logging in to the said account. I just rang them up and it was all sorted in about 8-10 minutes. Which was quite nice, since i didnt have much for them to go on.

However at the time it is not possible to re-open the account as there are no valid payment methods, time cards do not work in the US account area and somehow it aint possible to pay by creditcard on old euro-accounts. So I am waiting for them to fix this. Then I can finally log back into my old accounts...

Camel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom