EU Account Center Migration - 4/20/2010

meerclar

Can't get enough of FH
from the camelot herald:

Hello everyone,

Two weeks ago, a serious event occurred which resulted in the unintended billing of some of our customers. For this and any difficulties the event caused, we are truly sorry and today we wish to explain what happened, and to make a renewed commitment to your trust and security. We have taken this very seriously. In our 15 year history, trust has been the foundation of our relationship with the gaming community and we intend to rebuild that trust.

Between March 18 and April 7, our payment gateway experienced a processing flaw that was beyond the scope of our control. Instead of being submitted for processing once, some transactions were submitted multiple times, resulting in some people being charged multiple times. On April 8, we determined what had happened and acted with urgency to arrange for bulk reversal of all erroneous charges. The majority of players saw the refund within 2-3 business days. Some banks did not post refunds until a few days later, a delay that was contingent on the banking institution. We worked quickly to inform affected players of the situation and understand the frustration this waiting period may have caused.
As a result of this event, we significantly increased customer service staffing who have been working with all impacted subscribers to waive any overdraft fees. The majority of the banks have waived these fees as they recognize the unusual nature of this event. In the rare cases that the banks have not reversed the charges, EA is covering the fee.
Once the corrective action was completed, we turned our attention to analyzing the problem in more detail. We determined the root cause, developed a definitive fix and implemented monitoring precautions that will allow us to prevent similar situations from reoccurring. These steps have been in place since April 13 with no further issues.

To be clear, at no point during this event was there a security breach or was subscriber account information compromised.

As of today, we believe we have resolved the issue. However, we remain committed to assisting anyone who has been financially affected in ways we are not aware. For any players still in need of assistance, please contact our Billing Support department by calling 650-628-1001 from 10:00 AM EDT - 10:00 PM EDT, 7 days a week. For those outside of the U.S. who do not wish to make an international call, please create an in-game appeal; for instructions on how to file an appeal click here.

Over the past 15 years we have always strived to do what's best for our players. We are truly sorry, and want to work to make things right and restore our relationship. We hope you will accept this small token of our appreciation for your continued commitment to our games:

For starters all players will earn 100% bonus experience, bounty and realm points when killing enemies and monsters for two weeks. As well, during this time we'll be hard at work designing and implementing a special NPC. This NPC will allow each of your characters to select two of the following items:
Bottomless Black Dye
Bottomless Crimson Dye (Albion), Hunter Green Dye (Hibernia), and Royal Blue Dye (Midgard)
A selection of rare mounts: The Fire Steed, Clockwork Steed, and Storm Steed
Choose from any of these pets - Clockwork Cat, a Mini-Dragon, and a pet of your realm.
Vegas Round Table Trophy
The Old Dragon Head Trophies of Smoldering Golestandt (Albion), Frozen Gjalpinulva (Midgard), and Glimmering Culldurach (Hibernia)
Please accept this gesture as a step towards rebuilding our relationship. From all of us at Mythic, we thank you for your time, your commitment, and your trust that helps us to make great games year after year.

Thank you,
Jeff Hickman
Studio Executive Producer, Mythic Entertainment

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
They arent giving you anything that would help you really, I'd rather another event quest item to be active like the ones along the line of Haloween/Spring/Christmas/Doppel quests. I couldnt care less about dye'ing my armour even more darker black or trophy's. But oh well, £200-£1500 or whatever ppl were charged and thatrs what you get in return lol.

delete

Can't get enough of FH
They arent giving you anything that would help you really, I'd rather another event quest item to be active like the ones along the line of Haloween/Spring/Christmas/Doppel quests. I couldnt care less about dye'ing my armour even more darker black or trophy's. But oh well, £200-£1500 or whatever ppl were charged and thatrs what you get in return lol.

cry-baby-girl-face.jpg

Everz

FH is my second home
Can we reopen EU server accounts without doing them stupid gamecards etc?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

lol
they arent going to give you money for it

and id rather have something useful/fun aka a horse, or a nice trophy, than a week of free time or something in the long run ?

bear in mind the NPC will ONLY be for those who actually were effected by it so

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I wasnt asking for money or free time, just something worth while :D

hibblet

Fledgling Freddie
It says so in the herald newsitem

unless i cant read right they should of said somit in the line of affected players get it , but they wrote.

For starters all players will earn 100% bonus experience, bounty and realm points when killing enemies and monsters for two weeks. As well, during this time we'll be hard at work designing and implementing a special NPC. This NPC will allow each of your characters to select two of the following items:
Bottomless Black Dye
Bottomless Crimson Dye (Albion), Hunter Green Dye (Hibernia), and Royal Blue Dye (Midgard)
A selection of rare mounts: The Fire Steed, Clockwork Steed, and Storm Steed
Choose from any of these pets - Clockwork Cat, a Mini-Dragon, and a pet of your realm.
Vegas Round Table Trophy
The Old Dragon Head Trophies of Smoldering Golestandt (Albion), Frozen Gjalpinulva (Midgard), and Glimmering Culldurach (Hibernia)
Please accept this gesture as a step towards rebuilding our relationship. From all of us at Mythic, we thank you for your time, your commitment, and your trust that helps us to make great games year after year.

but later it seems to be edited to

implementing a special NPC. If you were amongst the players affected by the billing error

so every 1 gets the extra xp rp`s etc but only those what had billing go haywire gt the extra kit

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Yes, everyone has the xp/rp bonus etc. But only those affected gets the NPC thingabobs

aika

Can't get enough of FH
so this rp retarded shit is gonna last for 2 weeks? :eek:

way to make the game more easymode

eble

Fledgling Freddie
games piss easy anyway, every man and his dog is RR10 on ywain or so it seems so an extra few rp's will have nil overall effect.

Exp bonus, yeah well makes pl piss easy again, not that I actually have anything to level anymore, might go mid and and make something.

Galaha

Fledgling Freddie
was a guy yesterday whit more than 30 hours online :eek:, and 500k rps .

Preatoria

Loyal Freddie
That's sad ... only 500 k in 30 hours ... that's like ~20k/hour thinking that he did not play for like at least 15hours that's inly 40k/hour (that's slow i think, especially if you count that bonus)

Galaha

Fledgling Freddie
well preatoria i think last 5-10 hours he was dead irl or som :D

Plutaris

Fledgling Freddie
Any update on bringing back the credit card option to pay for subs ?

Also i cant seem to buy a Time Card, the EA Store wont except either of my Visa Debit cards :(

Can't play atm. Its sunny though! x

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Any update on bringing back the credit card option to pay for subs ?

Works for me.

Renewed main acc and bot one with CC. Main 2 days ago, bot yday.

Plutaris

Fledgling Freddie
Ye how the hell did you get that to work ?

It simply wont give me the option to use a CC - just a Time Card.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
i log into acc.

status - "closed".

i click "activate" button down below. page changes into one with CC details. i enter them, click "submit", again page reload - it asks me for amount - $14.95 for 1 months, more for more.

select option desired, click "confirm", payment done, acc open.

can provide u with screenshot if u want - still got 3rd acc unopened :)

Yrendan

Can't get enough of FH
i log into acc.

status - "closed".

i click "activate" button down below. page changes into one with CC details. i enter them, click "submit", again page reload - it asks me for amount - $14.95 for 1 months, more for more.

select option desired, click "confirm", payment done, acc open.

can provide u with screenshot if u want - still got 3rd acc unopened :)

When i click activate i get the Payment Method Prepaid Game Time™ Card msg :<

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Attachments in order:
1. acc page
2. payment select page
3. cc details page

and 4 (not shown) duration select page.

Dunno why it doesnt work for you. Acc made from Russia, my loc is Russia also - so dont think it is IP ban related or smth..

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 23

aika

Can't get enough of FH
attachments in order:
1. Acc page
2. Payment select page
3. Cc details page

Dunno why it doesnt work for you. Acc made from russia, my loc is russia also - so dont think it is ip ban related or smth..

Привет земляк!

delete

Can't get enough of FH
Attachments in order:
1. acc page
2. payment select page
3. cc details page

Dunno why it doesnt work for you. Acc made from Russia, my loc is Russia also - so dont think it is IP ban related or smth..

lol, get firefox.
thats alot of ie windows ;E

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Привет земляк!

Здрав!

lol, get firefox.
thats alot of ie windows ;E

Im oldschool u know ^^

Got firefox, maxthon, opera and chrome - but i use all of them for different kinds of work. And normal old ie is just for websurfing.

Probably greece is banned xD

Try dancing with proxies - thus emulating different country. Mb smth will change.

Back in 2002-2006 russian IPs were banned from paying for eu daoc - it was Bibit's policy. Cards were rejected w/o any explanations. Proxies were our answer.

And by 2006 that restriction was lifted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom