• Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'm really angry. Maybe it was a bad time to return to FH 😁

I can't help thinking how little (it's already *very fucking little*) this scum of a government would do if the Ukrainians were brown.

It's OK, most of us are fucking livid too.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
That applies to other countries, look at the other conflicts around the world where the West is doing fuckall as it is not in their interest, Palestine?

Also PP is a cunt and sending people to Rwanda is completely fucking disgusting but the UK is not the only country doing it, Australia, Japan, Denmark, the EU already have schemes in place or did have.

I am not sure what the solution is but more money should be spent on chasing the traffickers down putting these people into harms way for profit.

And finally, it is never a bad time to be on FH my friend :)

You fix the problem with foreign aid, people would not want to leave home if they had something to do that didn't involve watching their family starve/get murdered/blown up, delete as applicable, mostly down to the West's foreign policy in recent decades.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You fix the problem with foreign aid, people would not want to leave home if they had something to do that didn't involve watching their family starve/get murdered/blown up, delete as applicable, mostly down to the West's foreign policy in recent decades.
That's the problem.

1. Can we afford to do it when people in our own country are suffering as it then gets the home population riled up ?
2. Should the UN be sending in more peacekeepers even though the UN are fucking useless?
3. The West should stop interfering? This causes outrage as the population does not want to see people suffering under dictators and they demand action.

There are a lot of people leaving war torn countries and current wars, how do we solve that? Send in the troops again for years on end? I just don't know the solution to the world's problem apart from @Scouse 's desire for everyone to hug each other which will never happen nor a single world governing body.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Just because Denmark think this is ok it does not mean GB should follow suit…. PP hacks me off as she is from an immigrant background- what opportunities would she have had if her parents were forwarded to Rwanda a country with more than just a few human rights issues - This UK government are so disgusting especially as this news is being used to take attention from Bozzas pissups … you know whilst most of you were missing important life events with your families the elite were carrying on thinking they we’re beyond reprocussions … and looks like they are

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just because Denmark think this is ok it does not mean GB should follow suit…. PP hacks me off as she is from an immigrant background- what opportunities would she have had if her parents were forwarded to Rwanda a country with more than just a few human rights issues - This UK government are so disgusting especially as this news is being used to take attention from Bozzas pissups … you know whilst most of you were missing important life events with your families the elite were carrying on thinking they we’re beyond reprocussions … and looks like they are
I am not saying the UK should follow suit, I think it is disgusting but we are not the first to do this. I suspect more countries will follow suit.

Also when PP/BJ say the majority of the UK want this I think they are talking bollox when I found this (not my view):

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
That applies to other countries, look at the other conflicts around the world where the West is doing fuckall as it is not in their interest, Palestine?

Also PP is a cunt and sending people to Rwanda is completely fucking disgusting but the UK is not the only country doing it, Australia, Japan, Denmark, the EU already have schemes in place or did have.

I am not sure what the solution is but more money should be spent on chasing the traffickers down putting these people into harms way for profit.

What has sending people to Rwanda got to do with stopping trafficking? Lol.

Gwadien

I just find it amazing that if you're from Ukraine when you get here you get to go live with some rich dudes (because the Government has encouraged it).

Prior to that if you weren't white you'd be stuck in a shitty hotel for ages and now you're shipped off to Rwanda.

I dont like to compare us to other countries because as far as I'm concerned the great thing about Britain post WW2 was our charity and humanity.

Bojo has shat on that with one swift blow, I'm sorry but it's indefensible in every regard.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I agree on many counts - but the West is doing plenty in Palestine - they're propping up a horribly corrupt and racist regime in Israel.

This I 100% agree with :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I can't wait for human rights lawyers to take on cases affected by this. Stupid fucking government. Even if asylum applications are successful, from what I understand they still intend to keep them in Rwanda.

Gwadien

I can't wait for human rights lawyers to take on cases affected by this. Stupid fucking government. Even if asylum applications are successful, from what I understand they still intend to keep them in Rwanda.

Didn't the BBC quote Boris as saying 'a one way journey'?

You can literally imagine the negotiations.

'So let me get this straight, you want to pay us to fly lots of young desperate people to our country, where you know we have a poor track record of human rights, you won't care what happens to them (because you can't even keep track of people in your own country) AND you don't intend to let them come back to the UK?'

'Yes.'

'Holy shit, we accept, and give us some of that crack you're smoking.'

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's part of why we're exiting the ECHR and enacting a gawd awful Bill Of Rights - to take away our legal freedoms.

Then there won't be a legal leg to lean on.

You can blame brexiters squarely for this - it's what they really want. The fuckheads.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, I blame Brexit for EU countries, similarly brutal asylum practices too.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's part of why we're exiting the ECHR and enacting a gawd awful Bill Of Rights - to take away our legal freedoms.

Then there won't be a legal leg to lean on.

You can blame brexiters squarely for this - it's what they really want. The fuckheads.
Stop tarring brexiters with everything you don't agree with. Go review the EU-Turkey immigration deal to stop many people from Syria and others entering the EU. Even Greece was shipping migrants back to Turkey as part of the deal.

The UK is not the first country in the world to do this.

Some corners of the international community have remained skeptical of the arrangement. Most criticisms stem from whether Turkey meets the standard for effective protection of asylum seekers. The 2016 deal promised the creation of an EU Facility for Refugees in Turkey, which is a joint coordination mechanism that provides modest financial and other support to more than 1.8 million refugees. But many Syrians remain in difficult conditions, often relying on low wages in the informal sector, lacking social supports, and with large numbers of Syrian children not enrolled in school. Meanwhile, asylum seekers who reach Greece have often been kept in overcrowded camps. In March, Amnesty International described the deal’s history as being one of “failed policies which have resulted in tens of thousands of people being forced to stay in inhumane conditions on the Greek islands, and put refugees at risk by forcing them to stay in Turkey.”

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Stop tarring brexiters with everything you don't agree with. Go review the EU-Turkey immigration deal to stop many people from Syria and others entering the EU. Even Greece was shipping migrants back to Turkey as part of the deal.

Much as though I hate Brexit I mostly agree. EU countries aren't immune from this kind of behaviour and even some Brexiteers think this is a ridiculous waste of money.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Brexiters always point at shit going on somewhere else to say "look - we're not so bad".

But in THIS country we are exiting the ECHR, in this country we're pulling away from the human rights laws that WE drew up after WW2 and in this country WE are drawing up a Bill Of Rights to take away our freedoms , NOT protect them.

This, like it or not, could never be done without Brexit. Never.

So I don't give a fuck about Brexiteer butthurtness - Brexiteers have made MY life less secure and are removing MY legal recourse and ability to challenge government when they do bad shit.

And just because shit is worse <insert somewhere else> doesn't justify for one second taking away my rights. Rights we decided were inalienable after millions died to buy them.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Brexiters always point at shit going on somewhere else to say "look - we're not so bad".

But in THIS country we are exiting the ECHR, in this country we're pulling away from the human rights laws that WE drew up after WW2 and in this country WE are drawing up a Bill Of Rights to take away our freedoms , NOT protect them.

This, like it or not, could never be done without Brexit. Never.

So I don't give a fuck about Brexiteer butthurtness - Brexiteers have made MY life less secure and are removing MY legal recourse and ability to challenge government when they do bad shit.

And just because shit is worse <insert somewhere else> doesn't justify for one second taking away my rights. Rights we decided were inalienable after millions died to buy them.
Could never be done without Brexit?

Think you need to go look at what Poland and Hungary have done. They have not exited the EU and have defied Brussels with some of their own laws. You cannot blame everything on Brexit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Much as though I hate Brexit I mostly agree. EU countries aren't immune from this kind of behaviour and even some Brexiteers think this is a ridiculous waste of money.
I don't disagree that Brexiteers think this is shit.

But consequences @Wij. Consequences.

The human rights act could be used to challenge this by @Tom's lawyers - and Brexit is the means by which the Tories remove our ability to legally challenge this sort of shit.

So I don't really care if Brexiters think this is horrible - if they'd had stopped to think before casting their vote, if they'd had listened to the people who very clearly and loudly told them that legal protections were going to be removed because of tgeir vote - if they hadn't been suckered in by the UK "bill of rights" PR bullshit smokescreen that is a rape of our human rights - then I'd sympathise.

But when this shit happens I think you need to point at Brexiters and say - these are the sort of consequences that can happen when you ignore the warnings.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Think you need to go look at what Poland and Hungary have done.
Poland and Hungary don't have the UK legal system. And again - <look at these other places>.

Could never have been done IN THE UK.

Our rights to legal challenge are being taken away. (I notice you're quiet on that btw.)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Poland and Hungary don't have the UK legal system. And again -pointing at others.

Our rights to legal challenge are being taken away. I notice you're quiet on that btw.
No you are saying that Brexit allows the Govt to make the changes, I am pointing out that we could have done it either way just like Poland and Hungary.

I am not quiet on that issue I just need to do more research and fact finding cos you are not a reliable source of information.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
What other countries do or have done isn't really relevant to me. I live in the UK and I am concerned about what the UK is doing.

Talking about Denmark, or Hungary, or Poland is just silly "yeah but what about" nonsense. It gets us nowhere and is a distraction from the simple truth, which is that our government is headed by a bunch of right-wing racist rich criminals (literally) who have been enabled by Brexit to do whatever they feel like.

The Prime Minister and his Chancellor have just been found guilty of breaking the law. In public office. In a workplace. And they're refusing to resign, as any other minister would have done in previous years. They don't give a shit what the public thinks, they're doing what they want to do and it includes kicking those dirty brown immigrants (as they see them) out of the country and far away.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Could never be done without Brexit?

Think you need to go look at what Poland and Hungary have done. They have not exited the EU and have defied Brussels with some of their own laws. You cannot blame everything on Brexit.

Poland and Hungary are having their budgets withheld; there are consequences for shitty behaviour, even if it takes the EU ages to get there.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Is it Brexit or is it this government? I'm not anti-tory (I daren't read back some of my posts on here) I just see such a horrid cartel in charge that is burning our country to fill their own coffers. It's so obvious, I don't understand how they haven't been ousted by poll-tax style riots.

How can we change our voting system that only us and *ahem* Belarus use? First past the post will likely see another Tory government running* for decades.

I'm older now and have kids. My son wants to be a fire fighter and my daughter a vet. I hope both those careers allow them to leave this country.

*edit - in charge

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
As for Brexit. We were lied to. Those who voted for it we shouldn't treat them as horrible bigots. They didn't see through the lies or just wanted to give it a try. Yes there are some race reasons from some voters but the overwhelming truth is we were lied to by the media and the leave campaign.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Poland and Hungary are having their budgets withheld; there are consequences for shitty behaviour, even if it takes the EU ages to get there.
I know that but they still told Brussels to fuckoff over their law changes whilst still being a member.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I know that but they still told Brussels to fuckoff over their law changes whilst still being a member.

...and Brussels pushed back. The EU isn't a dictatorship and simply throwing Poland and Hungary out is the nuclear option, so Brussels takes away their money. So while countries in the EU can behave like dicks it isn't consequence-free. Its like the anti-abortion bullshit Texas and Florida are trying to pull right now; eventually the Feds will slap them down (hopefully).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom