Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

Ormorof

FH is my second home

Amazingly they have an opportunity to fix the shitshow that is GDPR consents and all the crap that goes with it. But instead they make it worse

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Entirely as expected, which is why we're now ensuring no data we have is held or transported through any UK data centres. We've been doing it pre-emptively anyway, because this kind of shite was obvious. With all the SHREMS stuff as well, all our cloud activity is now EU or nowhere. And of course every UK tech business (especially Fintech) has to replicate its business inside the EU, further isolating the UK. I was only talking to a vendor about this yesterday; it had taken them ages to get their Open Banking licence approved in Ireland because the regulator had insisted the Data Controller role couldn't even be resident in the UK with joint UK/Ireland responsibilities even with separate data instances.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
1aqfyvropzo71.jpg

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Not only are the Tories despicable cunts, they are wasting millions defending themselves. If 7 out of 10 cases that go as far as tribunal (who knows how many people give up) are found to be the wrong decision. Why can't the Tories wake up and sort it out?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Not only are the Tories despicable cunts, they are wasting millions defending themselves. If 7 out of 10 cases that go as far as tribunal (who knows how many people give up) are found to be the wrong decision. Why can't the Tories wake up and sort it out?

Its intentional. You answered your own question; for every one who goes to a tribunal, there's ten more that don't/can't, so Tory beancounters win, even when you factor in court costs.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think bringing up Brexit on every single fucking subject should be equal to bringing up Hitler.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think bringing up Brexit on every single fucking subject should be equal to bringing up Hitler.
On the face of it it looks like these people disproportionately voted for Brexit and against EU membership. And they've broken the "red wall" labour seats and kept the Tories in power.

So I think it's fair game, tbh?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
On the face of it it looks like these people disproportionately voted for Brexit and against EU membership. And they've broken the "red wall" labour seats and kept the Tories in power.

So I think it's fair game, tbh?
pchart1.jpg

Every_single_subject.

It's A, boring and B, often a distraction from the real reasons and causes.

The EU is not a utopia, there is far more unemployment and far more poverty and inequality in the EU than here. Being in the EU does not and never has stopped poverty or social inequality.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The EU is not a utopia
Never said it was. Just said it's fair game.

If you can't bring it up, it can't be argued against :)

Edit: And the argument was really about Tory votes tbh...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
No, it was suggesting that disabled people are blaming the EU for their poverty, which is a ridiculous statement.

Weather looks a bit shit this weekend, obviously down to Brexit.

Actually, to take that a bit seriously. The EU don't seem to be in any rush at all to ditch coal/oil/gas, so we can blame them for shit climate/weather :)

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No, it was suggesting that disabled people are blaming the EU for their poverty, which is a ridiculous statement.
I don't think it is.

In the world-class shithole of Merthyr Tydfil, which had the highest Covid levels in Wales during lockdown, the lowest educational attainment, the highest proportion of long-term disability in Wales (outside of Blaenau Gwent and Neath Port Talbot) - there are signs up everywhere showing the EU paid for their schools. The EU paid for their roads. The EU paid for their sports centre. The EU, bascially, paid money for their massive deprivation.

MASSIVE Brexit voters. Massive.

If you actually take the highly unpleasant action of talking to voters from Merthyr (which I have, unfortunately, had the occasion to do so a few times since Brexit) - then you find out that they do indeed blame the EU for their idiocy, their lack of educational attainment, their deformity through malnutrition, their shitty underpaid lives in the meat factories.

It's all the EU's fault and thank god for Brexit.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Obvious difference being, we can shut it off once we have native talent.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"Talent"

Lol.

As long as there's a workforce to keep the wages down the native "talent" won't bother looking at those jobs.

This is capitulation.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, except we no longer have the workforce (that cheap labour you keep complaining about) to keep wages low.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah, except we no longer have the workforce (that cheap labour you keep complaining about) to keep wages low.
Why do you want to keep wages low?

Part of voting brexit was the fact that people were fucked off with shit paid work and the fact that we'd seen worsening standards of living for a long time.

Bring your hated romanians back, and what's the point of increasing wages?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Where did I say I wanted to keep wages low?

Where did I say I wanted to bring back cheap labour?

Please quote.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Follow the context of the conversation @Raven old bean.

You: " Obvious difference being, we can shut it off once we have native talent"
Me: " As long as there's a workforce [the Romanians we're letting back in] to keep the wages down the native "talent" won't bother looking at those jobs "
You: " Yeah, except we no longer have the workforce (that cheap labour you keep complaining about) to keep wages low. "

At this point I went - ??? what ???. I know we don't have the workforce [Romanians (who I've never complained about)] to keep wages low. We're having to raise wages to attract the "native talent". So letting the Romanians back in will keep the wages low, and therefore not attract the "native talent".

I.E. Brexit should drive up wages - attracting native talent. If we capitulate, and let the Romanians (who I like) back in - then wages will stay low - and the "native talent" will not bother taking the shitty jobs.

Ergo - what was the fucking point of Brexit?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Except for the obvious response that we no longer have free movement of labour that we are unable to control, we can adjust import of labour as we wish. This is a fact, not opinion on whether that is right or wrong. It is what it is. You can "like" it all you like, it won't change reality.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Except for the obvious response that we no longer have free movement of labour that we are unable to control, we can adjust import of labour as we wish. This is a fact, not opinion on whether that is right or wrong. It is what it is. You can "like" it all you like, it won't change reality.
And if you wish to "import" Romanians (rather than offer them a life) to drive our lorries why would wages go up and, in turn, why would Brits start becoming lorry drivers?

Do you see what I'm driving at? We can "control our borders" all we like, but if we choose to allow foreign workers in, then what changes? We need the cost of lorry drivers to go up to attract Brits to the job. And if the costs of lorry drivers go up, the cost of goods go up. Which I haven't a problem with - because I don't buy much shit. And if we let Romanians in to drive lorries then costs stay low and the "native talent" doesn't bother.

Glad you see foreign labourers as commodities to be used and discarded as fits your desires btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom