• Brexit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wij

I am a FH squatter
That is just the biggest pile of fucking bullshit.
The EU ref vote was decided long before the Russians knew it was happening...these farcical attempts to blame Russia..you need to look at the tech giants and the media for their pro EU bias.
Dumb straw man argument. Who is claiming it shows that remain would have won if not for the Russians?

What it will show is a Conservative party awash with filthy roubles and dodgy contacts.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Strangely called the Russian EU referendum document.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I think it's even more suspicious that they're not releasing it before the election.

Not that I think it would make much of a difference to their voters if it turned out that the Ruskies were meddling.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
It doesn't have to @dys - you seem to think there's a finite supply - but there isn't - it's all bullshit.

Money is conjured out of thin air, at interest - so for every dollar conjured we conjoure $1 plus (say) 2% debt interest.

How do you pay that interest? - you magic some more money - and another 2% debt.

How do you pay that interest? - you magic some more money - and another 2% debt.

You seeing a theme yet? - we can never, ever, pay back the debt. Not as a country, not as a globe. We can only stay ahead of the curve through consumptive expansion - madness, in other words.

So why should Greece be held to balancing books that can never be balanced?

It's fucking bullshit Dys. All made up nonsense that we go along with exactly like religious people go along with religious idiocy - because we've been conditioned to since birth.

Well that's not entirely true but I get your point.
The issue comes when the world/country isn't willing to carry on this cycle as the value of the money is decreasing at to fast a rate.
So this is why they are force to stop otherwise this decreasing value will spread too fast and too wide.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well that's not entirely true but I get your point.
Yes. Yes it is.
The issue comes when the world/country isn't willing to carry on this cycle as the value of the money is decreasing at to fast a rate.
There's a reason why prices in 2017 were 11,583% more than in 1900, and you needed to spend £116 to get the same value. It's why they want inflation to roughly match interest rates and artifically change monetary policy to make that happen. It's a never-ending cycle of bullshit.
So this is why they are force to stop otherwise this decreasing value will spread too fast and too wide.
They're not forced to do anything. It's ideological.

It's against Islam to lend money at interest. If you're in Saudi that's a death sentence. If you read the bible - the only time our lord jebuz got violent - actually violent - was at the money lenders.

That was because religions knew back then what would happen if you gave banks the ability to create money. It was also probably the primary reason for the American revolution - because we wanted to enforce our Anglo-Dutch banking standards on them.

As Jefferson said:
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [these banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

The issuing power of currency shall be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.
The American revolution is a FAILED revolution - because the bankers - and their private interest - won (a hundred years after the revolution, yeah sure - but then if you allow inheritence of power and wealth down generations then you give the rich cross-generational reach).

Democratic oversight of our currancy issuance? Or private banking technocratic global governance?

We have the latter. As does Greece. As they was clearly evidenced when they were undemocratically bitch-slapped into submission by the troika - largely by demands of the International Montary Fund & the European Central Bank.

Money. Is. Bullshit.

Job

And it will work perfectly if only because of the ghost of chief cunt clegg.

The fucking chancers party

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
And not a single mention of it on the beeb site. Certainly not on the front page.
Umm.. sorry, but it is... I notice stories on the BBC news site shuffle along with more views, but it's 2nd story now.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
No idea. This is how the front page looks to me as of about a minute ago.

Edit - I do see it now in 8th place on the Most Read bit.

Attachments

• bbc.jpg
    bbc.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 4

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yes. Yes it is.

There's a reason why prices in 2017 were 11,583% more than in 1900, and you needed to spend £116 to get the same value. It's why they want inflation to roughly match interest rates and artifically change monetary policy to make that happen. It's a never-ending cycle of bullshit.

They're not forced to do anything. It's ideological.

It's against Islam to lend money at interest. If you're in Saudi that's a death sentence. If you read the bible - the only time our lord jebuz got violent - actually violent - was at the money lenders.

That was because religions knew back then what would happen if you gave banks the ability to create money. It was also probably the primary reason for the American revolution - because we wanted to enforce our Anglo-Dutch banking standards on them.

As Jefferson said:

The American revolution is a FAILED revolution - because the bankers - and their private interest - won (a hundred years after the revolution, yeah sure - but then if you allow inheritence of power and wealth down generations then you give the rich cross-generational reach).

Democratic oversight of our currancy issuance? Or private banking technocratic global governance?

We have the latter. As does Greece. As they was clearly evidenced when they were undemocratically bitch-slapped into submission by the troika - largely by demands of the International Montary Fund & the European Central Bank.

Money. Is. Bullshit.

That Jefferson quote is fake.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That Jefferson quote is fake.
Yeah, yeah, I know :)

It's probably spurious as identical quotes in written text (not verbal) apparently can't be found. I suspect it's a well written amalgam that summarises a view in quotable format, as he did say:

written down said:
And I sincerely believe with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies; & that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale
and;
Bank-paper must be suppressed, and the circulating medium must be restored to the nation to whom it belongs

I suspect that after the abuses of the people during the great depression at the hands of the banks, a scholar started using the gist of the argument to illustrate the problem with private banks being currency issuers.

Either way - it's a quote that's been in use for at least the best part of a hundred years that illustrates the problem succinctly. Even if it's partially missatributed to Jefferson it's still pretty damn accurate, no? :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And then you started quoting the bible...cos we all know how accurate that is.
Don't be upset and grasp at straws because you don't like to think the thing you've so much faith in - money and monetary policy - is bullshit.

Notice Gaff didn't challenge the veracity of the facts - only the source of the quote (which I already knew - it's source has already been challenged and debated on this very forum).

I also didn't "quote" the bible - but illustrated how two separate religions understood fully the danger of private banking (shock eh? People who come up with bullshit stories as a means of social control are acutely aware of other methods of social control - and build-in stories/rules to engender violent suspicion of, in this case, money-lenders (because "bankers" wasn't a term back then)).

So no - the fact that Jefferson may not have said those exact words (whilst holding those views -as shown above) in no way invalidates the argument...

...because it's the truth.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Don't be upset and grasp at straws because you don't like to think the thing you've so much faith in - money and monetary policy - is bullshit.

Notice Gaff didn't challenge the veracity of the facts - only the source of the quote (which I already knew - it's source has already been challenged and debated on this very forum).

I also didn't "quote" the bible - but illustrated how two separate religions understood fully the danger of private banking (shock eh? People who come up with bullshit stories as a means of social control are acutely aware of other methods of social control - and build-in stories/rules to engender violent suspicion of, in this case, money-lenders (because "bankers" wasn't a term back then)).

So no - the fact that Jefferson may not have said those exact words (whilst holding those views -as shown above) in no way invalidates the argument...

...because it's the truth.

Silence doesn't equal consent.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Silence doesn't equal consent.
Buh?

If you've an argument that shows me I'm wrong I'd genuinely love to hear it. - it's not a particularly pleasant understanding of the world is it? It'd be great to find out I'm actually, factually, wrong.

Not that it's likely tho. It'd have to go some to prove to me that money isn't created in the method I stated, that I understand mathematically and all the guff around it that I've posted is lies.

Edit: Most people shy away from it tbh - realisation of the implications is pretty horrendous for most people's worldviews - so they'd rather shoot the messenger, pretend it's not real and carry on in ignorant bliss, rather than sink into the depression because of inaction in the face of the demands that a new reality makes of you.... :)

Last edited:

Job

When we come up with a workable system that beats fear and greed, then I'll start listening.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Buh?

If you've an argument that shows me I'm wrong I'd genuinely love to hear it. - it's not a particularly pleasant understanding of the world is it? It'd be great to find out I'm actually, factually, wrong.

Not that it's likely tho. It'd have to go some to prove to me that money isn't created in the method I stated, that I understand mathematically and all the guff around it that I've posted is lies.

Edit: Most people shy away from it tbh - realisation of the implications is pretty horrendous for most people's worldviews - so they'd rather shoot the messenger, pretend it's not real and carry on in ignorant bliss, rather than sink into the depression because of inaction in the face of the demands that a new reality makes of you.... :)

I've not said I completely disagree with you but I have no time or inclination to write thesis on it like you have. ;)

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Happy days my postal vote is en route - let us see if it arrives in good time this time around ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom