• Brexit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
How is it racist? It's a stupid idea, but I can't see how it is racist.

I said something similar, not necessarily racist.

It's more about people who are at the bottom of society who never go abroad and live their lives on the bus, what ID do they have?

I brought the Georgia (still not 100% if it was Georgia) example in because there was outrage from everyone when it was suggested that Georgia made their law changes to needing ID (and parties can't feed/hydrate/transport people to vote) purely to disenfranchise blacks. Why can't we come to similar conclusions?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It obviously targets the young and the poorer.

I think as far as race goes people of colour are less likely to hold current driving licences and passports. Particularly older Asian women. (Citation needed.)

All to in the name of tackling a problem which doesn't exist. In-person voter fraud barely exists.

We all know the problem it is really trying to solve though.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
As if anything he has ever said makes any difference. He just blurts out boffle and moves on.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Remember when everyone was calling Georgia (was it?) racist for doing this?

I wonder if people will come to similar conclusions over this...

A lot of US states also restrict postal voting as well.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
A lot of US states also restrict postal voting as well.
And gerrymander, and put one ballot box per million people in black areas but put them on every street corner in white ones. It's a total shitshow and the tories are keen on copying it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Remember when everyone was calling Georgia (was it?) racist for doing this?

I wonder if people will come to similar conclusions over this...

Well in Georgia's case it was racism; here its class, because its Britain

Given the UK is a country that prides itself on not having ID cards, this is pretty fucking outrageous. But the Tories could demand your first born children to make lampshades out of their skin and you'd still vote for them, you shower of apathetic bastards.

Embattle

FH is my second home
If I'm honest I was always surprised you didn't require any form of ID when I started to vote.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It does raise questions over its need, I would prep some work on the idea to role out in the future if needed but right now it just seems like a waste of time and money.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It does raise questions over its need, I would prep some work on the idea to role out in the future if needed but right now it just seems like a waste of time and money.
Not if the idea is to have fewer voters who don't vote conservative.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Not if the idea is to have fewer voters who don't vote conservative.

There's also a population of Trumpers in the UK who would love to see it happen too because they don't trust democracy - perfect time to do it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
There's also a population of Trumpers in the UK who would love to see it happen too because they don't trust democracy - perfect time to do it.
Yes. We're all distracted. Pop it in while everyone's overjoyed at Boris letting us do stuff.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
And yes, like Trumpers, the fact that the move makes some people cry foul is just another reason to do it.

Ha ha. Liberal tears. Sweet.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
the Tories could demand your first born children to make lampshades out of their skin and you'd still vote for them, you shower of apathetic bastards.
Watch it. You're flirting with a facepalm from @Embattle and an admonishment from elsewhere that it's all really Labour's fault anyway.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Watch it. You're flirting with a facepalm from @Embattle and an admonishment from elsewhere that it's all really Labour's fault anyway.

I would literally vote for a sock stuffed with dogshit over any Tory right now. If you don't punish unremitting sleaze and incompetence, you're only going to get more of the same.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I would literally vote for a sock stuffed with dogshit over any Tory right now. If you don't punish unremitting sleaze and incompetence, you're only going to get more of the same.

• Average IQ = 100.
  • Educational system that's been in a continual downward spiral since at least the early 70's.
  • Economic system that has got the majority on a high-pressure shoestring budget for some of the longest working hours in Europe.
Who's actually got the intellectual space to consider voting for other parties based on rational, logical thinking?

We're a broken, slave, country.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
To be fair, it was the perfect storm, a genuinely inept Labour leader and a dysfunctional Labour Party and an ultra-lying Tory leading a group of the biggest shysters in UK history all at a time of huge national upheaval.

More of the same at the moment and people don't seem to listen or learn, Labour still aren't getting any sort of message out, I don't even know what their purpose is at the moment, but we are finally getting on top of covid, so maybe people vote for the status quo.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tory corruption and 130,000 unnecessary preventable deaths should be enough of a message tbh.

Labour should have been able to put a ban on all public communication with that as a backdrop and still have massively improved on the vote share.

Something is very very broken with the british public.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Tory corruption and 130,000 unnecessary preventable deaths should be enough of a message tbh.

Labour should have been able to put a ban on all public communication with that as a backdrop and still have massively improved on the vote share.

Something is very very broken with the british public.

It clearly wasn't and again that is another damning indictment on the position Labour find themselves in, a party that seems to be unable to stop having an internal war which constantly spills out into the public domain.

The Tories undoubtedly got a bounce from the Vaccine and the fact the country is opening up, the corruption aspect isn't cutting through either.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The cock and balls will be straight back up though, probably a bit of local history now.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It clearly wasn't and again that is another damning indictment on the position Labour find themselves in, a party that seems to be unable to stop having an internal war which constantly spills out into the public domain.

The Tories undoubtedly got a bounce from the Vaccine and the fact the country is opening up, the corruption aspect isn't cutting through either.
Blaming Labour again.

If internal party struggles > 130,000 preventable deaths then clearly there's some huge and institutional anti-labour cognitive dissonance going on.

The british public, you included, should be outraged and out with pitchforks because Tory mismanagement has killed loads of people and kept us locked up for way longer than was necessary. Yet the outrage isn't there - it's a gentle "keir starmer's a bit of a cunt", following on from whatever other self-justifying shit has been going on to keep the Tories in power despite worsening living standards for over a decade.

Boris Johnson could literally walk down a public street using random children as fuck puppets and people would still blame labour for their choice to vote Tory.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Blaming Labour again.

If internal party struggles > 130,000 preventable deaths then clearly there's some huge and institutional anti-labour cognitive dissonance going on.
This is a bit of a batshit argument.

How does a very public internal combustion give anyone the impression that Labour would be able to deal with covid better than the Tories did?

This is not defending the Tories, this is just saying that Labour currently look like they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery, and would likely have dealt with Covid just as badly as the Tories did.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Aoami - continual Tory shitshow mismanagement, flying in the face of longstanding scientific advice, has placed an island nation right near the very top of the death toll polls.

Pick almost any other government on the planet and they've done better. This is because different people make different decisions. And given we've evidence that the Tories have continually made the worst decisions - a change of management is what is needed.

At work, if your programme is consistently not performing (deaths) then you replace the management structure. How to make things work 1-0-1.

The Tories aren't performing. Yet we suck their dicks and point at people who haven't been given a chance to prove that they can do better.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
At work, if your programme is consistently not performing (deaths) then you replace the management structure. How to make things work 1-0-1.

I don't necessarily agree though. You only replace the management structure if there is an attractive, or least viable, alternative. At the moment, that is not Labour. This is coming from a life-long Labour voter and former party member by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom