• Brexit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's a shame the rest of the country didn't tbh. It would send a message loud and clear -that they're a bunch of fucking clowns.

But then, I don't think they give a shit anyway.

Man. I need to cheer the fuck up today.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Personally I'd much rather they made it mandatory to vote, with a right to vote for no one, than dick around with ID.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
With that you force people who detest / disagree with the whole process to take part in the process

Both principled objections for involvement and lazy apathy are valid states of being.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I kinda like the idea of mandatory voting. Might help fight against the deliberate policy of inducing apathy that some actors like to push.

e.g. A lot of Russian disinfo works towards this aim. They know that many black people can't be persuaded to vote GOP but if they can persuade them that all politics is shit then at least they won't vote for the other lot.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The Tory aim is for people to not bother voting, rather than vote for the other guy.

While not ideal, enforced voting would, one would hope, make people engage and also make politicians actually chase votes through policy and/or getting off their arses and doing something.

Iv'e always said, if you can't pick a party then turn up and spoil your ballot, at least then it is recorded as someone willing to engage with politics but has nobody to vote for or think the system is shit, attract those people and gain votes.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Doesn't Australia have mandatory voting? Or have I made that up completely?

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Another way he is similar to Trump. He hated paying anyone and would routinely offer them 50% of the invoiced amount or I'll see you in court.
You know. Like people who are cunts do.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Doesn't Australia have mandatory voting? Or have I made that up completely?

Yep, and on the one hand its positive because it theoretically dampens down political polarisation and its difficult to have minority votes gaining power like Trump did, but on the other hand, Australian politicians are pretty awful so its done nothing for the quality of the people even if it might have moderated some of their policies. Interesting article about it here:

Wij

I am a FH squatter
That sounds like a much better system than ours and the US's tbh.

(apart from the years of aborigene-suppression obvs)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
That sounds like a much better system than ours and the US's tbh.

(apart from the years of aborigene-suppression obvs)

I'm not sure, compulsory voting sounds like more Murdoch votes to me.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm not sure, compulsory voting sounds like more Murdoch votes to me.
It's not totally about who wins you know. Obvs I'd happily kill Rupert with a syringe of my excrement injected into his eyeball.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It's not totally about who wins you know. Obvs I'd happily kill Rupert with a syringe of my excrement injected into his eyeball.

Yeah but can you imagine? Lots of people forced to vote so they just vote what they're told to because they have no interest in politics.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yeah but can you imagine? Lots of people forced to vote so they just vote what they're told to because they have no interest in politics.
Doesn't seem to work quite that way in Aus even with a strong stench of Murdoch in their press.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

It's all so tiring from Labour at the moment.

While we would all like to see her fuck off as far as she can and then fuck off some more, you can't say shit like that these days.

Patel is a horrific cunt, but this kind of shit from "the tolerant left" on twitter is fucking ridiculous. The quicker Twitter is binned off, the better.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Actually - it's just outraged bullshit. If we were having a disagreement about deporting people and I said, "fuck that, I'd keep them and deport you" then nobody would blink.

It'd be a childish thing to say but normal.

But because Priti Patel is brown the outrage mob has jumped on it.

I'd love to fucking deport the bitch. But reality encroaches on that. Doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to say it though. Because my desire isn't racist - it's just to get rid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom