• Brexit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I think Ive been extremely lucky with Dublin. I've been about 4 times and had great weather each time.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Heading to Howth at the mo to walk off the fuzzyness from last night's drinking but then yep - back, guinness (everyone recommends it) and I daresay your recommended pub for drinking food and fiddle-de-dee!

Bike ride tomorrow. I campaigned for it today (rather ride than train) but the o/h poo pooed it :eek:

Edit: Oh yeah, and Eddie Izzard tonight :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Heading to Howth at the mo to walk off the fuzzyness from last night's drinking but then yep - back, guinness (everyone recommends it) and I daresay your recommended pub for drinking food and fiddle-de-dee!

Bike ride tomorrow. I campaigned for it today (rather ride than train) but the o/h poo pooed it :eek:

Edit: Oh yeah, and Eddie Izzard tonight :)

LOL. I saw him last night.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We walked past the back of the Olympia at what must have been half time as there were a load of smokers milling about.

We'll compare notes once I've seen him :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Really enjoyed it. He rambled and the show wasn't as tight as his older stuff but he's easier and more comfortable in a good way, like an old coat.

Most comedians lose their edge but Izzard's comedy wasn't really edgy, more intellectual - and he brought up familiar themes (hypercritical would call it rehash, I'd say things that interest him).

Billy Connolly had similar - he was actually very edgy as a young man but as he aged his base personality was why we were there...

Money very well spent IMO. I realise I'm happy and being easy, but I wanted to like him going in, and freely admit that :)

Last edited:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Really enjoyed it. He rambled and the show wasn't as tight as his older stuff but he's easier and more comfortable in a good way, like an old coat.

Most comedians lose their edge but Izzard's comedy wasn't really edgy, more intellectual - and he brought up familiar themes (hypercritical would call it rehash, I'd say things that interest him).

Billy Connolly had similar - he was actually very edgy as a young man but as he aged his base personality was why we were there...

Money very well spent IMO. I realise I'm happy and being easy, but I wanted to like him going in, and freely admit that :)

I found it quite melancholy in a way; I saw him loads of times back in the day and he never really talked about his family; it was a recurring theme this time. It was quite amusing watching him dance around English history with an Irish audience, never quite sure of his ground.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah. He only lost his dad last year and it's hit him hard I guess.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
We cant just keep throwing money at it, eventually it would have to start being privatised.

The NHS is the sick man of Europe because its a nationalised industry and so many people think its this fucking fantastic idea that just needs another 20 billion to keep it going.

Britain needs to look into its soul..have the facts presented about the NHS vs mainland Europes health systems and make a decision...raise taxes or start rebuilding it.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
We cant just keep throwing money at it, eventually it would have to start being privatised.

The NHS is the sick man of Europe because its a nationalised industry and so many people think its this fucking fantastic idea that just needs another 20 billion to keep it going.

Britain needs to look into its soul..have the facts presented about the NHS vs mainland Europes health systems and make a decision...raise taxes or start rebuilding it.

A study in 2014 found the NHS to be the most efficient, cost effective healthcare system among the countries studied (included US, Germany, Australia, Netherlands, Sweden, and more)

Linky if you want the PDF : http://www.commonwealthfund.org/~/m...rt/2014/jun/1755_davis_mirror_mirror_2014.pdf

Now thats not to say it cant be improved, but this idea that privatizing it will magically make things better is a bit absurd

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The NHS absolutely is in the 'soul' of the 21st century UK.

Just not in the 19th century UK.

Gwadien

75491784_2152712048370612_3450618451213680640_o.jpg

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
A study in 2014 found the NHS to be the most efficient, cost effective healthcare system among the countries studied (included US, Germany, Australia, Netherlands, Sweden, and more)

Linky if you want the PDF : http://www.commonwealthfund.org/~/m...rt/2014/jun/1755_davis_mirror_mirror_2014.pdf

Now thats not to say it cant be improved, but this idea that privatizing it will magically make things better is a bit absurd

It can definitely be improved, looking at where it ranks in the Healthy Lives, or "Not Killing People" metrics. Better than the US obviously - not that anyone has seriously suggested replacing the NHS with a US style system, but still not particularly great.

When people stop using the NHS as a political football and there is actually an appetite to reform it, then looking across the channel to see how our European friends do it seems sensible. But sensible thinking and the NHS? Best of luck with that.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
then looking across the channel to see how our European friends do it seems sensible
And for them to look at us too. Because per-spend we both beat and lose to each other depending on the metric used.

It's not a one-size fits all metric, it's a very complex one. And generally we do well.

Gwadien

Hahahahaha Good Morning Britain hosted by your totally non Tory Piers Morgan.

Get ya morning indoctrination in kids.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why the hell would anyone in their right mind turn on a TV before it goes dark? :(

JBP|

Part of the furniture
So, I worked out why @Yoni is considering voting Labour

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1574083418813.jpg
    FB_IMG_1574083418813.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 6

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I hate to say it , but I agree with the Libs demanding a position in the TV debate.
Its obvious they are going to play a major part in this brextion.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Rather than no LD and SNP in the TV debates can't we just have no TV debates instead.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Rather than no LD and SNP in the TV debates can't we just have no TV debates instead.
So american. Why do we have to ape them all the time. Never watched one of these cause its just posturing and personality contest rather than about the policies and in the uk we vote for a local party representative and not for an individual to be leader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom