• Brexit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It's truly remarkable how often the Tories have needed reminding over the last six years that "the will of Parliament" is an actual thing.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I find it amazing that they thought they had some sort of reserve amount of good will or faith that they could use.

Again yesterday morning she, besides waving her arm around, seemed to announce that to get growth you need low taxes even though many examples have been given of countries that tax higher than ours and have higher growth. The majority of the growth in a low tax economy unsurprisingly seems to happen at the top thus widening that wealth gap.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's a fundamental of running an economy there @Embattle. And it's been known about for a long time, and the evidence was in when Labour effectively ran the same system in their Blair/Brown years (so Labour are just as culpable).

At the 2008 financial crash the Tories could have taken stock, looked at the actual evidence - because we had it then, and it's incontrovertable - and changed tack. But they didn't. They kept on going, and added austerity - with predictable results.

Yet people still vote for them. Continually.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's pretty settled that tax cuts for poorer people can fuel a little growth over time but tax cuts for richer people fuel nothing as they just tend to squirrel it abroad when it could have been spent better by government on infrastructure/education.

See the Kansas experiment etc...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just the idea of fundamental structural economic reform terrifies people. The vast majority of people.

Nothing less will save the planet. Tinkering with tax rates is comfort-blanket asshattery. The whole discussion is, really, a waste of time.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Embattle

FH is my second home
Her government has also done another Boris, where junior ministers go to the front lines to defend the policy only for the rug to get pulled out from under them in little over a week.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm sure the police will do something to back the law and order party and then see what the public response is, with recent responses I'm sure it'll be fine.
They can probably move them on under the "disturbing the peace" laws that the Tories brought in (and were used against that remarkably well-mannered lad heckling Paedo Andrew).

But the Tories know it'd be a massive own goal, so they'll have told the jackboots to cool their heels and they'll have duly obliged.

They know which side their bread is buttered.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I'm sure the police will do something to back the law and order party and then see what the public response is, with recent responses I'm sure it'll be fine.

Luckily these clowns are not as venerated as the recent dearly departed so police wont give two hoots

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Luckily these clowns are not as venerated as the recent dearly departed so police wont give two hoots

Most police are in the same boat as everyone else, they hate the fucking Tories too.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I think Nadine is one of the few who could claim to be even dumber than Truss so maybe we will hear about space lasers in the UK too soon

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well you just knew a protester was going to interrupt LTs ramble.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

So, context for our lives:

Grauniad headline: "Has Liz Truss handed power over to the extreme neoliberal thinktanks"
Neolib Thinktank: "Yes"

What even is 'neo-liberalism?'

I don't even know what the definition of liberalism is anymore, lul.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What even is 'neo-liberalism?'
Would you laugh at someone who asked "What is Communism?"

Of course you would.

So if you don't get what neoliberalism is - it's the western version of Communism. It's the ideology that currently runs our Western economies.

It's not "Communism vs Capitalism" - it's "Communism vs Neoliberalism".

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Would you laugh at someone who asked "What is Communism?"

Of course you would.

So if you don't get what neoliberalism is - it's the western version of Communism. It's the ideology that currently runs our Western economies.

It's not "Communism vs Capitalism" - it's "Communism vs Neoliberalism".

You didn't describe what it is actually is though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You didn't describe what it is actually is though.
I did. Ultimately, on it's most basic level I absolutely did.

How are you supposed to be able to reasonably comment on anything that's happening in our lives if you've no grasp of the basics on how our lives are run mate?

You've got some reading to do. It can't be spoon-fed.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well you just knew a protester was going to interrupt LTs ramble.
You talking about this?

Good on 'em. And for having a second sign. Shows the sort of forethought and intelligence that's sadly lacking in every single member of the Tory parliament.

If I were Starmer I'd be saying "It looks very likely that we're going to win the next election. If you invest your money on the basis of Liz Truss's "economic reforms" - reforms that will trash the environment, increase inequality etc. - then think again - because we'll be outlawing that investment on Day 1, reversing any laws she passes that don't meet our environmental and social goals - so save your cash until you know what's going on".

To be fair, business might well be doing that anyway. Liz Truss is a lame duck.

Last edited:

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I did. Ultimately, on it's most basic level I absolutely did.

How are you supposed to be able to reasonably comment on anything that's happening in our lives if you've no grasp of the basics on how our lives are run mate?

You've got some reading to do. It can't be spoon-fed.

has anyone ever managed to spend more than 5 minutes in a room with you before shooting themselves in the head?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

So, context for our lives:

Grauniad headline: "Has Liz Truss handed power over to the extreme neoliberal thinktanks"
Neolib Thinktank: "Yes"

Which is why the whole "Brexit is about sovereignty" argument was such total horseshit. None of us voted for these thinktanks, and the Tories are regurgitating their spiel wholesale, leading to new PMs and "mini-budgets" that have no electoral or manifesto mandate.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
has anyone ever managed to spend more than 5 minutes in a room with you before shooting themselves in the head?
Yeah. People who aren't thick.

Sorry you don't know what neoliberalism is.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Which is why the whole "Brexit is about sovereignty" argument was such total horseshit. None of us voted for these thinktanks, and the Tories are regurgitating their spiel wholesale, leading to new PMs and "mini-budgets" that have no electoral or manifesto mandate.
MPs are just the grunts in the army getting shit done for rich people, giving a vaneer of democracy to make the plebs feel like what they vote for actually means something.

Can be seen by the manifesto commitments never actually being met (and, with Truss, the actual opposite of the manifesto commitments being delivered).

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Not like Moonbat to not realise when people are taking the piss out of him.

Still good to see his commitment to saving the planet. He's recycled that article a few times now. Shame he hasn't figured out how to make it any less tedious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom