Eff MW2 in the ass

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think his point is that despite what the dailymailalike fanaticists say, piracy is rife in console land too, it always has been since they stopped putting games on cartridges. Obviously not to the scale as it is on PCs but its there.

They don't like to talk about that though because it makes them look even dumber for abusing DRM.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Also the PC p2p servers will have a hard 18 player limit, not to try and curb the horrible lag of listen servers, but to enhance your gameplay experience.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
To be honest, the one argument I don't care about is player count. Always thought 5 v 5 or 6 v 6 was perfect for any FPS. More than that and there's less room for team tactics imo.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest, the one argument I don't care about is player count. Always thought 5 v 5 or 6 v 6 was perfect for any FPS. More than that and there's less room for team tactics imo.
Yeah but having a max cap of 32 players and a range of maps that have varying max player levels is surely the best way. Choice > !Choice.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, it's a valid argument, I just personally don't care for it :)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Played it for a while today, and it's pretty fun. Story line is retarded but makes the scenario more enjoyable.

Still miffed at the removal of coop, surely i'm not the only one who thinks playing with a friend is more fun than some stupid AI ally? :(

Aada

Part of the furniture
Played it for a while today, and it's pretty fun. Story line is retarded but makes the scenario more enjoyable.

Still miffed at the removal of coop, surely i'm not the only one who thinks playing with a friend is more fun than some stupid AI ally? :(

Yep co op is fun but lately it seems like it's rammed down your throat like a big dick.

Always thought the Friendly AI for the most part in COD is scripted?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think it is yeah. I have to say the allies in CoD are some of the first that don't make me want to kill them myself, they don't get in the way, they add to the atmosphere while not killing everything for you. It worked especially well on the SAS missions.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
After playing Hardcore Headquarters for ages on COD4 im really enjoying Team Tactical. I play with my housemate and another mate and playing a team of 3 with people you always play with gives you a real nice advantage

Aada

Part of the furniture
After playing Hardcore Headquarters for ages on COD4 im really enjoying Team Tactical. I play with my housemate and another mate and playing a team of 3 with people you always play with gives you a real nice advantage

Just happy those that party can't join random matches.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
We pretty much always run as a set group, even on HC HQ, theres enough of us to run a group all the time. its nice when you dont have shit people not listening etc to advice

Aada

Part of the furniture
I prefer playing with randoms you always get a different game wether that be a shit game or a good game.

Playing in a party just feels too serious.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Not when its your housemates and at least one person is drunk. We are pretty laid back when it comes to playing dont take it seriously at all. Even in HC HQ we'll flash each other out etc when running past lol

Or if sniping and you see mates sneaking up on the enemy to knife its been known for us to shoot our mate then the enemy etc. Cause we are RL mates and usually sitting beside each other its all fun and games
Im sure we've done other things too

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
IW seem utterly clueless as to how a online FPS actually works.

I don't really understand why people are upset about, the more I hear the more I feel we have dodged a bullet here. LoL at the consolers who are buying into this shit :)

cog

Can't get enough of FH
IW seem utterly clueless as to how a online FPS actually works.

And yet they managed to design an excellent online pc shooter in MW1, so much that it got taken up as a competetive game by a lot of clans and MGOs, and LAN events etc. I know they have issues with piracy on pc but im pretty sure the dedicated server move has lost them more money than just including it and dealing with the people who would have pirated the game anyway.

Then again the money is in the consoles I guess. They capped 15million unique COD4 players early this year on xbl/psn without counting pc players. I just hope they take something away from the massive backlash they've had over MW2 (although considering they're still dicking over the pc gamers it looks fairly dim). Having said that, even after the current outcry, John Carmack has come out and claimed that the next iD shooter (Rage) will use p2p multiplayer in its pc incarnation, so maybe they won't.

sigh

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I don't particularly care what console gamers have to put up with, but to me one of the unique selling points of PC games is lag free gaming thanks to dedicated servers.

So far my experiences of P2P gaming have been nothing but awful. Ping sensitive games such as Fallen Empire: Legions are dire, without any netcode to compensate typical ADSL/cable connections it's just a case of the host and the most local players raping everyone else. L4D had a wonderful habit of being able to pick servers with 250+ ping thanks to the fantastic matchmaking code.

One of the few console games I've got was absolutely fucking dire for online play was Fat Princess. The entire first couple of weeks was full of being unable to play thanks to their broken code.

It's just a pathetic excuse for them to limit the life span of a game by locking out any additional user created content (mods/maps) and holding greater control over online games if they have to use their matchmaking system. I hope their PC sales fail so badly that they just fuck off back to console games and let some other PC developers create some excellent games which don't dictate how the user should play it.

Aada

Part of the furniture
What PC dev? The only decent developer that seems dedicated to pc gaming still is Blizzard.

There's almost no money to be made in pc gaming these days because the dirty pirates out number the people who actually pay money for their games.

Left for Dead worked on the 360 just fine for me no laggy games but I'm sure one of the PC fanboi will put that down to the auto aim hiding the lag? Lol

nath

Fledgling Freddie
What PC dev? The only decent developer that seems dedicated to pc gaming still is Blizzard.

There's almost no money to be made in pc gaming these days because the dirty pirates out number the people who actually pay money for their games.

Left for Dead worked on the 360 just fine for me no laggy games but I'm sure one of the PC fanboi will put that down to the auto aim hiding the lag? Lol

Do you have any facts and figures to back up the claim that there's almost no money to be made in PC gaming? Oh, and Valve seem pretty dedicated to PC gaming. If by dedicated you meant exclusive, well yeah there aren't as many of them any more but then if you've got a product that can be sold on 3 systems instead of just 1 why would you limit yourself. Left 4 Dead is a perfect example of a game that can run well on consoles but also stay true to its PC roots.

Additionally, I don't play X360 games online so I can't say how it plays. I have, however, played an 8 player vs match on L4D on the PC when its been p2p hosted. Several times - it'll happen that way when the lobby finds no dedicated servers. With 4 people it's just about bearable, with 8, forget it, it's awful.

Fact of the matter is Aada, and I'm about as far from a fanboy for anything as you can get, console shooters are by nature less precise than PC shooters. That lack of precision will go quite a way to hide the massive flaws of p2p multiplayer, something that will not be so well hidden on a PC.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture

Have to agree with Nath, PC gaming does suffer from Piracy (so do consoles) which worries every developer but at the end of the day with companies like Steam, EA, Direct2Drive and many more, Developers can make a profit without too much fear from piracy, sometimes they get it wrong and break games with there anti-piracy rules (EA) I know the whole Live thing is a pain in the arse for windows but the 'Games for Windows' side of it is a brilliant idea and attracts many developers to bring out games for the PC, heck its cheaper and easier to develop for a PC than a console and that's why there will always be great games on the PC.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
funny Aada, 360 piracy is just as rife, yet you do not mention it. I think you should produce some figures to back up your usual outrageous claims.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
360 piracy is nowhere near as rife. Out of my mates alone almost all who play PC games pirate at some point. I do not know one person who pirates 350 games. I know it goes on but from my own experience (and thats all i can go on) its nowhere near as bad

Aada

Part of the furniture
funny Aada, 360 piracy is just as rife, yet you do not mention it. I think you should produce some figures to back up your usual outrageous claims.

360 piracy is not just as rife yes it's there but in no way does it compare to pc game piracy which just gets worse and worse every year.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
360 piracy is not just as rife yes it's there but in no way does it compare to pc game piracy which just gets worse and worse every year.
No figures = No validity = No need to repeat like a parrot.

Both platforms suffer from piracy because, at the end of the day, that is something that a user chooses to do and it has nothing to do with the hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom