Photography Edit the RAW thread

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Interesting, lots of techniques used here of things I don't know how to do. Guess that's what happens when you stick to the same type of stuff like I have been recently.

Clown

Part of the furniture
How do I change the amount of posts per page? It keeps rolling over too quickly. I would have it all on one page if I could!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Great thread idea, won't be participating though as i do photoediting as a part time job on the side, not really interested in spending too much free time on it :p

dysfunction

FH is my second home
2cqbsrp.jpg

Been playing around more, fun topic :)

That is very good. How did you do that?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Could people add exactly what they have done below the pic?

- English -

Resident Freddy
That is very good. How did you do that?

Its very simple actually,

I was a bit lazy so just used cam raw auto settings to adjust her skin for a nice tan effect. My first edit I manually did by selecting her face and adjusting colour balance (adding red, lowering the other 2). I think cam raw gives a better tan as well.

The hair was a bit rushed, but its just a layer using a softlight brush with a 50% opacity painted on with a red colour. When i learnt how to do it some months back, I followed this tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FoV6NUUlXQ.

The lips use the same procedure, using another layer with an overlay red on them, and adjusting the opacity to match what you think looks good. I was going to do the eyes and pinch her eye brows etc but ran out of time :)

Clown

Part of the furniture
Okay, more ammo. Click the picture for the .dng RAW.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Interesting thread. Doing this sort of stuff is too similar to work for me to find much enthusiasm to contribute, but it's a nice browse. Great idea. :)

Also thought that hair colour tutorial was a nice find English, a simple way to do something that seems quite tough.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Apparently I forgot to upload my edit.

This one took a bit more work as you can see it is out of focus.
Adjusted white balance, lots of cloning and sharpening and straightened it a bit.

E. by Clwn, on Flickr

I'll let someone else upload the next RAW.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Had something similar to you clown til the power went off ;|

I don't particularly like landscapes though, I prefer to edit people and features.

Clown

Part of the furniture
As usual, click the picture for the RAW.

Clown

Part of the furniture

Richmond Park. by Clwn, on Flickr

Right. Cloned out some of the orange bush in the foreground and the tree at the top. Made the image slightly warmer and more contrasty. Turned down some saturation because it was just too harsh. Finished with a tiny bit of vignetting.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Maybe a tad too warm here, although that could just be my work monitor.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I think I was using them for an 'Autumn' theme forum competition.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Right, here's an IR shot. I don't really know how to process them yet, anyone know of any good guides? If anyone wants to have a go at this one to show me what can be done maybe?

Attachments

• CRW_2261.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 3

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I played with IR (because I was gifted a B+W Black 093 filter) but it just plain didn't work so I never pursued it. Either it's not the right kind of IR filter or it doesn't work with my camera or my camera isn't capable of IR without the alteration that I've seen advertised. Answers on a postcard. :D

I think the Hoya R72 is the right kind of IR filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom