Photography Edit the RAW thread

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Here's my quick stab

288p6h1.jpg

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I'll have a quick bash at (NOT OVER YOU PERVS) that shortly. How will we decide who posts the next?

Clown

Part of the furniture
I don't know... I've opened this thread in 4 different places. I think the general thing that happened was people were uploading their own RAWs which game people more stuff to play with.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah I think more of a community feel rather than a "someone won so they should post the next RAW". I was thinking B&W G, might have another play tomorrow. :)

Clown

Part of the furniture
I spy vignetting! Your black and white one is still boss.

old.user4556

Yeah I burned off the top and the bottom to bring the eye into the face more; there's a bit too much going on in the frame but cropping it doesn't work for me.

- English -

Resident Freddy
b7zx8n.jpg

Just a quick effort, could do alot better if i spent more time on it ;)

Took the wood chipping off
Given her some extra eye makeup,
Tanned her skin
Removed spots/nose piercing

Clown

Part of the furniture
Yeah I burned off the top and the bottom to bring the eye into the face more; there's a bit too much going on in the frame but cropping it doesn't work for me.
Actually, her eyes are pretty fantastic in your colour one. I need to steal those eyes.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Very quick black and white effort, normal tweaking plus a tiiiiny amount of diffuse glow and some blurring. Couldn't be arsed to remove piercing/blemishes etc.

Attachments

• avf-raw_tonemapped.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 17

Clown

Part of the furniture
I just want to smell her hair.

We need more ammo. Anyone got any spare RAWs?

Clown

Part of the furniture
I think I'd prefer to keep it in-house because we would all have an idea of how we see our own picture when we take the shot.
Will definitely keep that in mind if we totally dry up though! On second thoughts, I've just clicked the link. Perhaps not!

old.user4556

I'm off to bed now, but I shall dig out a couple of older RAWs tomorrow.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
CRW_2194small.jpg
Won't let me upload a .RAW so have a .zip. Above is a jpg for preview purposes only.

One of many from Devon I'm yet to PP myself.

Attachments

• CRW_2194.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 8

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
is she someone you know clown before i ps jizz all over her face?

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
Great idea :)
had a quick play around with it.

removed the nose stud in both and removed spot, tried to fix wood in the back ground.

not sure what i think to them tho.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Upload it then!

WFMkp.jpg

I did a tiny bit of lens correction. Can you spot it?

Clown

Part of the furniture
I really like that second edit Jimmy. I would ask that you mark mine as private on your Flickr, please, so that they don't show up on your photostream.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2041925/avf-raw.dng

See if this .dng is any better. It's a smaller file. Is it just as flexible as the RAW then?
Yep, every camera manufacturer (the vast majority of them, anyway) has it's own proprietary RAW format. DNG is Adobe's open-source format, you can convert any RAW file to a DNG. You can even keep a backup of the original CR2 (in your case from your Canon) inside the DNG file if you are really worried about it. But I would suggest that that is a pointless waste of space. There's nothing wrong with DNG but I just stick to the CR2's that my camera produces. Some people advocate converting everything to DNG for archival reasons (they think because it's open-source it will be around forever but the proprietary formats may not) among others, but I don't see the point personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom