Doom 4?

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm sure it was mentioned some where, but as above think people will wait to see what the actual game is like.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Aye I don't blame them, Doom 3 was pretty gash. Hopefully Bethesda can work some magic with it, bring back doom 1-2 type levels.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Doom 3 wasn't that bad since doom wasn't that great to begin with.

*wait for rage*

Now then, Doom is good, yes, but it's hardly a crowning jewel. Trendsetter, pioneer, all that absolutely, but as a look at an unbiased game? Corridor shooter with aliens.

3 was another corridor shooter with aliens. Doom 3, if it was a year or two after doom 2, would've been "excellent" (to us mind you)as then we would've had lower(better word: different) standards to begin with. Now we expect same values as from titanfall, but want the same feeling we had 20 years ago with wolfenstein. Those two things don't mix that well as you can't reproduce nostalgia. You can try for sure, XCOM did a great job, but it still got flack for not being "xcomy enough".

So how about we judge a game by how it is, not what it was ;)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I never really liked Doom 3, i'm a firm believer FPS should be wide open maps with lots of exploration potential as opposed to corridors (unless they fit a specific criteria like Aliens for example), painkiller wasn't too bad either.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
All i really wish from a FPS is solid controls and oomf in the guns. Other stuff is extra.

Unless we're talking of dishonored style games ofcourse.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Apparently they showed some footage at Quakecon that was met with standing ovations from the crowd/veteran quake players, no footage was grabbed by anyone though as they banned all media devices from the screening so we'll have to wait and see what the big fuss was about.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Still not holding my breath but if they've gone back to classic doom style i'll be masturbating furiously into an envelope and sending it to Bethesda.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
RPS posted a host of other videos to highlight how shit just two seconds of video really is.

I think they're trading on hype tbh. And if it's specced to come out on consoles too...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just have to wait and see, can't be as bad as Doom 3 at least, that was terrible.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Flashlight - Cliche Jump-scare - Flashlight - Cliche Jump-scare - Flashlight - Cliche Jump-scare - Flashlight - Cliche Jump-scare- FIN

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I enjoyed Doom 3, for different reasons to the other Doom games though. Granted I first played it when I was 14, I found it bloody terrifying.

So yeah, very much hoping Doom 4 turns out alreet!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am not so sure there is a place for Doom anymore. If they made a decent story driven game that would be good!

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
From looking at that I rather play the old Doom with the Brutal Doom mod than Doom 4 but we'll see how it is at E3.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Doom 3 was a total shitfest, it was like "hey lets rape this franchise name with a general space shooter".

Will be waiting for GOTY edition on a sale before I buy doom 4.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Flashlight - Cliche Jump-scare - Flashlight - Cliche Jump-scare - Flashlight - Cliche Jump-scare - Flashlight - Cliche Jump-scare- FIN
What, no cutscene...

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'm remaining tactically sceptical, but shit it looks good.

For people who cba to Google:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Looks OK. Bit brown tho. However, it looks like the console AIDS has sorely infected the gameplay.

Weapon's switching - that circular choose your weapon shite that was invented for consoles. There's a distinct pause each time he wants to swap to a different weapon. Really jarring even when watching the video. I do hope they just allow you to hit 1-2-3-4 etc as it should be.

Keyboards. Fantastic thing. Buttons for everything, instead of slow menus.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'd actually like a shooter that went the way of realism with guns. Like say pistol at hip, assault rifle and shotty on your back and when you switch weapons it takes some time.

Not that it should be in doom ofcourse, just a random thought :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Looks good but... looks like its been raped violently by consoles, weapon turn wheel, you could tell it was being played on a control pad, not holding my breath for it but i'll likely buy it just to say that i have.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Some turn wheels work in games though, i kind of liked it in fallout NV (though it was a menu thing, not a gear thing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom