DOOM Eternal

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Still not finished it. Enjoying it, very piecemeal tho :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It will be interesting how this goes, although DOOM pretty much started it all the more recent games haven't really been that successful.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It will be interesting how this goes, although DOOM pretty much started it all the more recent games haven't really been that successful.
Huh? The last one from 2016 has done extremely well and was very well-received (the single player mode, anyway).

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
A long time coming but it's now pre-loading and will occupy a good portion of my upcoming lockdown time.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm torn, really liked the last one but Borderlands 3 is on Steam now

Embattle

FH is my second home
I've still got to play the one before Eternal, by the time I do I expect Eternal will be a more favourable price.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've still got to play the one before Eternal, by the time I do I expect Eternal will be a more favourable price.
That's pretty much what I've decided except switch original for Borderlands

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Anyone been playing this then? I'm loving it so far and I'm pretty sure I'm right near the end of it now!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It started off a bit slow (for DOOM) but once it got going and you got a little bit upgraded, it's fantastic. The enjoyment went up dramatically when I unlocked the super shotgun and I just got the BFG. I haven't played the previous one for a while but it feels like there's less ammo around this time. I've been reduced to a chainsaw with insufficient fuel on a number of occasions.

Another thing to say is that it absolutely fucking fliese. I'm playing at 3440x1440 with a 5700XT on Ultra Nightmare (everything all the way up) and it never even looks like falling under a solid 60FPS. I play with a bit of diagnostics going on in the corner and the frame times are absolutely rock solid, no matter how manic the action gets.

An interesting video about the tech here (how they got it to look so good and perform so well):

I don't know if there's ever been a more enjoyable FPS tbh.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Yeah it took me a few levels for it to really click for me too, but once it did it well and truly did. All the things that bugged me early on disappeared quite quickly, such as the first Slayer Gate being an absolute bastard when you've got fuck all upgrades / weapons and it's throwing tips at me like "if somethings too hard come back later", fuck right off. I tried that shit for hours and eventually beat it haha. I've kinda got used to the lower ammo too and having to use the chainsaw regularly, it just feels natural now.

I'd be lying if my eyes didn't roll into the back of my head when it mentioned fast travel too, haha.

I'll give that video a watch soon too!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Finally got round to just about beating this. Just the last boss to kill. Didn't start playing until January and then my PC room caved in.

Marauders are bitches tbh and if you can't find the arch vile you are fucked.

Otherwise OK.

Runs at 150+ FPS on laptop too :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Finally got round to just about beating this. Just the last boss to kill. Didn't start playing until January and then my PC room caved in.

Marauders are bitches tbh and if you can't find the arch vile you are fucked.

Otherwise OK.

Runs at 150+ FPS on laptop too :)
That last boss is an arsehole. :eek:

Wij

I am a FH squatter
That last boss is an arsehole. :eek:
Actually I found him easier than the mass of tough enemies plus Marauder plus Archvlle combos that preceded it a couple of times.

Done now. Trying Control.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Actually I found him easier than the mass of tough enemies plus Marauder plus Archvlle combos that preceded it a couple of times.

Done now. Trying Control.
Control is easily one of my favourite games of recent years, I love the Remedy universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom