Doom 3 leaked

EvilMonkeh

Fledgling Freddie
i like how each of the 50,000 people who downloaded it would have bought it had they not downloaded..

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
They said it cost smt like $15 mil, HL2 cost $30mil or so didnt it? :D HL2 > Doom!1

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Well i grabbed it, but then i already paid for it..

I think its funny how Doom 3 is any different to any other game leaked onto the internet a few weeks/days before release when it happens to EVERY SINGLE BLOODY GAME EVER! Admittedly, theres a fair share of hype/nostalgia asociated with this title, but its not headline news.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Doom 3 is crap. I played the leaked version, and it's terrible.

FarCry >> Doom3. In every aspect. Here's hoping to HL2.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Got D3 myself, its good but "NOT" that good. Going by early previews HL2 is gonna be FPS king again this fall.

One thing i must say though is Doom3`s atmosphere rocks. Easily the best atmosphere achieved so far in a game. It certainly scared me in a few places. Problem i have with it is it just doesnt have that "WoW" factor that Doom did when it was released almost a decade ago. Defo doesnt have as much action as the original doom games, but that can be expected due to the hardware requirements and the fact too much action on screen (enemies etc) would clutter the environment and make it extremely difficult to play.

One more thing. Carmack where`s the damn physics in Doom3. I see a coke can on a table i wanna be able to blow it away :(

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
When I played alpha they had k Physics on boxes and zombies (shooting them on stairs fucking owned at the time - 1st game id seen with good physics), arent they that great in full game? :|

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Well I played it a bit (on a rather poor system) and it seems like one of the best FPS, but I don't really enjoy that pure shit yourself factor. I prefer something like Farcry, lots of exploring, stealth or just kicking arse. Doom is all about lighting, atmosphere to make you soil yourself...its fucking scary. :(

emma

Loyal Freddie
harebear said:
When I played alpha they had k Physics on boxes and zombies (shooting them on stairs fucking owned at the time - 1st game id seen with good physics), arent they that great in full game? :|
There`s basic physics like the rag doll effect, and some items can be moved around etc. But nothing similar to what HL2 has to offer.

Its a good game, dont get me wrong. Just coming from ID i expected better. Although tbh no game will beat the "WoW" factor Doom gave me almost 10 years ago.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
I think its bloody brilliant. Im playing a few hours every night and as far as single player experiences go its very enjoyable. It has an amazing engine, the scripted sequences are very good and i love the way its nice and eery. Im getting closer to hell and i know it.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've been playing it, its good, but not as brilliant as I would have liked. There are some genuinely scary moments, but 'the horror' is missing, mostly because everybody has crappy looking skin. Oh, and everybody in that station is bald! BTW, make sure you have a gig of RAM, 512Mb means the levels take 2 minutes to load up :(

The shadows rock though, it adds an element to the game where you whip around, thinking you've seen a zombie, but its just a shadow from your flashlight :)

I like fiddling with the interactive computer displays, the PDA is very good as well. My main gripe is that its all so dark. I don't mind this too much, but it makes it hard to remember any of the rooms. HL1 had so many good maps that some rooms you would want to play again and again, but in D3 its basically a case of walking into a room, getting attacked by stuff, and then moving on. There isn't really anything to make you want to play again.

Its also disappointing that you can't interact with everything. There are only a few things that you can push around, and big things like barrels of liquid seem a bit too light in weight to be real.

I'm only at Alpha station 3, so perhaps there are levels ahead of me that will open up a bit.

Regarding buying it, well, if the multiplayer is any good, I might, but I'm placing my hopes now on HL2, because there are already some major-kickass mods being written for the new engine.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
TWEAK 1
n your DOOM 3 directory, find "DoomConfig.cfg" (x:\Program Files\Doom 3\base). Open DoomConfig.cfg in Notepad.

Find the line:

seta image_cacheMegs "32"

Probley just follow this:

512MB RAM change it to 256 or 384 i would say

1gig+ Change it to 512 seems to the max setting

People have noticed that they can up detail and screen rez settings once this was done.

TWEAK 2
This enables your own shadow on singleplayer...

Change the line seta g_showPlayerShadow "0"
to seta g_showPlayerShadow "1"

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
emma said:
Got D3 myself, its good but "NOT" that good. Going by early previews HL2 is gonna be FPS king again this fall.

One thing i must say though is Doom3`s atmosphere rocks. Easily the best atmosphere achieved so far in a game. It certainly scared me in a few places. Problem i have with it is it just doesnt have that "WoW" factor that Doom did when it was released almost a decade ago. Defo doesnt have as much action as the original doom games, but that can be expected due to the hardware requirements and the fact too much action on screen (enemies etc) would clutter the environment and make it extremely difficult to play.

One more thing. Carmack where`s the damn physics in Doom3. I see a coke can on a table i wanna be able to blow it away :(

I can move/blow everything away :D

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yup, I shot a coke can and it reacted very well, flew up, landed nicely etc. Is it the havoc engine? Looks like..

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Pretty sure it doesnt use the havoc physics but what ever it uses is quite nice.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Lazarus said:
TWEAK 1
n your DOOM 3 directory, find "DoomConfig.cfg" (x:\Program Files\Doom 3\base). Open DoomConfig.cfg in Notepad.

Find the line:

seta image_cacheMegs "32"

Probley just follow this:

512MB RAM change it to 256 or 384 i would say

1gig+ Change it to 512 seems to the max setting

People have noticed that they can up detail and screen rez settings once this was done.

TWEAK 2
This enables your own shadow on singleplayer...

Change the line seta g_showPlayerShadow "0"
to seta g_showPlayerShadow "1"

Dont remember how but in the alpha I had some keypad button binded so that it would place a light where ever I was aiming, was quite nice for checking out dark corners etc, and showing off the lighting in game :D

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
harebear said:
Dont remember how but in the alpha I had some keypad button binded so that it would place a light where ever I was aiming, was quite nice for checking out dark corners etc, and showing off the lighting in game :D
emm.. flashlight? xD

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
It is very nice indeed, and whoever said it had shite ragdoll is a tard. Most likely people are too used to 'over the top' ragdoll used to get a cinematic effect, where limbs and such will flail and bodies bounce down stairs. These are going for realistic. Bodies will actually drape and bend over each other if piled up.

And cans and stuff can be shot, tv screens and computer screens however seem unscathed by blasts :confused:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
More stuffage:

cool.jpg

This game does indeed look spectacular

plasma.jpg

Screw you buddy!

shot00016.jpg

Brum brum rip argghh splurrge

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
Change of subject but...
Emma looks fit (if her avatar pic is of her)
(ok ill go take a cold shower - just been stunned by the amount of good looking women out these days back home) :eek6: :wub:

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I believe that it's Liv Tyler in her avatar.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Utini said:
Change of subject but...
Emma looks fit (if her avatar pic is of her)
(ok ill go take a cold shower - just been stunned by the amount of good looking women out these days back home) :eek6: :wub:
Rofl, you prat. :(

P.S I completed Doom 3, end boss looks cool. :D

P.S.S or P.P.S my mate is at the last boss and Spoiler --->
his soulcube won't fire...anyone else had this problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom