Doom 3 leaked

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
At first, I thought the stencil shadows would be ugly - i wasn't too impressed with them after getting hold of the alpha, but they work out really well in the final game. I particularly like following the guy who carries the lantern, the stencil shadowing works very well and looks very realistic.

Best FPS game ever made imo.

G

Tom

I am a FH squatter
scary%20baby.jpg

big%20monster%20thing.jpg

old.user4556

I find the babies, and the fact you have to kill then, very disturbing - particularly the crying noises they make. The sounds of women crying and whispering in the walls also gives me the creeps.

Never been psychologically moved by a game before. Hats off to id.

G

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I didnt like it at first, and tbh it IS a bit formulaic, you know, clear room , go into next room ,clear room, get lost, walk around empty rooms for a bit etc etc
BUT it is a superb looking game, its certainly made me jump too, and has some really nice detail.
I expect Ill always be a MP game player only :)

old.user4556

I know what you mean throddy, I also find bits of it clichéd like the old Doom - games. For example, enter a room with a load of ammo and armour: you just know that it's gonna spawn a load of monsters, so you end up avoiding picking up gear if you can help it. Doom 1 & 2 were like that and it got a bit tiresome and predictable after a while.

G

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Right then, I'm in hell, and some whacking great monster with flying searchlights is chasing me. I keep killing the flying things, but I don't know how to kill the beastie. Do you ahve to aim at a particular point once the buzzards are dead?

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Ya, destroy the 3 lights and then a red fireball sort of thing will appear above the baddies head, just shoot that.

Nimah™

Loyal Freddie
Just got the game, first impressions, amazing :D Playing it with enhanced sound and headphones, pretty cool :p

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Mobius said:

GRRRRRRRR

Spoiler warning next time pls :(

And yeah, those flying baby things are seriously fecked up. Babies....with hornets wings.....is just wrong.

SDK is meant to be out next week - hopefully someone can make the old Doom levels :D

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
hehe no worries m8, least I won't be stuck now when I get to that point :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom