Destruction recieved to much love?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
there is a reason why I have 10xBW kills then any other class on my marauder ;)

problem is on tier 3, you poke your nose out you either get dotted to hell, or punted down in the lava and dies

was kind off secretly pointing out the fact, STOP HITTING ME! and trying to get some people feel sry for me :(

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
Interesting and completely full of shit...

I play on KEP, Renard, 26th lvl BW of Elysium... ive NEVER managed to get over 80k dmg dealt in TA, infact ive not seen a BW break 100k in any scenario ive been in.... i have however seen a couple of Sorcs break 100k...

Get your facts straight tbh

I will take some screenshots tonight and prove YOU should get YOUR facts right and maybe learn to play ur BW :p seen some good bright wiz's get consitantly over 100k, pushing 150k in TA.

Fizzlebutt

Fledgling Freddie
why do you order lot keep on justifying the insane damage a BW does? Sure a sorc does a heckuva lot of damage as well, and im not going to be sad to see the nerfbat hitting the sorc. But the BW just takes OP to a whole other level. Like i said, a lvl 21 BW hitting 100k+ in damage isnt really fair and balanced is it?

And someone said a marauder doing 300k+ damage? Say what what and with who and where?? im only tier 3 but if it is done in conjunction with the magus spell that sucks a group in, then i say COME ON!!! :D But, 300k+ damage is still insane and if true should be balanced.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
And someone said a marauder doing 300k+ damage? Say what what and with who and where?? im only tier 3 but if it is done in conjunction with the magus spell that sucks a group in, then i say COME ON!!! :D But, 300k+ damage is still insane and if true should be balanced.

There you go and thats not even the highest damage I've come across from a marauder, seen some get near 600k.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
yeah but how? Is it in conjunction with the magus spell?

AoE damage and AoE knockdown on no CD, you don't need the magus spell, it helps but you don't need it at all.
Give the Marauder some support and the RP's start to spam your screen, also makes you wonder in most games the healing can be equal to the damage output to make it so that they have to kill the healers first but in WAR it seems the DPS is alot higher than the healing value which seems wrong to me as theres no need to get the healers really esp. if you train people down theres just nothing you can do as a healer vs that kind of damage.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
AoE damage and AoE knockdown on no CD, you don't need the magus spell, it helps but you don't need it at all.
Give the Marauder some support and the RP's start to spam your screen, also makes you wonder in most games the healing can be equal to the damage output to make it so that they have to kill the healers first but in WAR it seems the DPS is alot higher than the healing value which seems wrong to me as theres no need to get the healers really esp. if you train people down theres just nothing you can do as a healer vs that kind of damage.

thats pretty insane damage :p but i guess once more people are 40 you may see other classes doing the same thing, although if not then no doubt it will get "fixed"

I agree with what you say with regards to the healing / dps - it seems, in t3 atleast, the MA of some guild groups doesnt even use any form of target selection, its just tab to nearest target, everyone hit until dead. impossible to keep up the healing.

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
BW's arent popular.... honest.

GumboM_006.jpg

Yeah that's me 2nd on healing as well. Tough to heal against stuff like this.

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
There you go and thats not even the highest damage I've come across from a marauder, seen some get near 600k.
Hmm yes the Rasta, I remember when I was around the same level however then my group fell apart so my levelling slowed even further until it's eventually grinded to a halt whilst waiting for people to catch up (again).

Yepyep, solo'ing as a full healing spec'd AM is not the most joyjoy experience - and don't tell me "respec then" as the damage is completely crap anyway and it totally ruins any chance I have of performing decently in the odd scenario I go to...

WH alt ftw whilst waiting!

dub

One of Freddy's beloved

hmm aoe knockdown on no cooldown , are you sure its marauders you talking about ? :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
hmm aoe knockdown on no cooldown , are you sure its marauders you talking about ? :)

Well in the beta it had no CD unless they changed it now but if they changed it then it wont be a long CD at all as I see mass knockdowns from the same marauder quite often in 1 fight.

Thimble

Fledgling Freddie
Tell that to sorcs who's aoes easily crit for 1k dmg,not to mention bolts which go up to 1.4k

My Sorc Maelynn (Axe bite pass) is lvl 25 with almost 600 Intel and I wouldn't say this statement is totally true. Sorc's do not "easily crit". We have to build Dark Magic for it. And then we run the risk of blowing ourselves up doing it. At 100 Dark magic I'm hitting myself for 500+ per backlash. I have 3k HP bolstered in a scenario. Do the math, without healing, we're a time bomb. Though, in saying that, in T2 temple I would easily cap the dmg meter with 100k+. Think I capped out at 132k @ lvl 21.But that was with a Zealot making sure I didn't bite the bullet while keeping DM and 100. Even then I wasn't hitting for 1k+. Think the top single hit on someone for me was in the 900's. Ok I was sometimes hitting 9 ppl for 900 each. :kissit: For me to meet a BW one on one then the odds are stacked greatly in his favor. I don't have that kind of burst dmg. I do however solo RvR with my Sorc and it is a hell of a lot of fun. Especially when I die and scroll back through the combat logs to find that I did more dmg to me than the guy that was trying to kill me :lol: Pit of Souls is an awsome spell but it's very situational. TA is not the scenario for it because it's not flat. I can stand on a table and try using PoS on mobs around me and not hit them. Mythic do need to fix the geometry or at least how the spell works with it. Also it bugs alot and I end up with the purple spell effect around me....all the time...until I zone or log out.
This is not a one v one game. This is not WoW where both sides are equally shit. Learn to play the class you have chosen. Use it's strengths to your advantage. And ffs get to 40 first before we start saying classes are op'd.

Remember: Sigmar elps tho's what elps themselves!!!

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
why not just turn it into a wow clone and make everyone equally balanced, I'm sure that will be great fun :rolleyes:

I kind of like the balance the way it is now, some classes I can totally own, while others will drop me with ease. I have to think before I attack and make sure my target doesnt have friends who I know will kill me /me spits on white Lions.

Of course this cant really be said for the scenarios as there never is any order to those, its just 2 huge groups of people running into each other, I have won just as many scenarios as i have lost.

I think any class in this game has the chance to excel if it has the correct supporting class backing it up, unfortunatly this isnt going to happen in scenarios where its every man for himself

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Well in the beta it had no CD unless they changed it now but if they changed it then it wont be a long CD at all as I see mass knockdowns from the same marauder quite often in 1 fight.

Not the aoe knockdown. I think the case we are referring is the CAE style of Marauders: "Demolition", has no cooldown, medium AP cost and often hits for 400-500 dmg (more on squisies). It just takes a healbot on you and a spam of a key to hit those numbers in dmg done (which most of the times means jackshit in open rvr). Good for renown farming in scenarios i guess...

Anyways, not even 2nd patch is out yet (if we can call a patch the 1.01). Im sure we are in for surprises or expected "changes" such as cooldown nerfs (like the marauder e.g above), dmg nerfs or tweaks in the way xp/rp is rewarded in scenarios (imo ton it down in scenarios and rise it up a lot in open rvr). Hoping to see some "love" instead of the old nerfbat swing, but knowing mythic record, it will be mostly nerfs with the odd buff to some stuff.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie

well, tool tip say 20 sec cool down

sloand

Fledgling Freddie
Hey lets all bitch about our mirror classes.

Yeah Shammie is more powerful then an archmage. Its knockback is alot more powerful and also throws them out of harm..

The AP draining spell is more powerful..

And finally shammie get "Gork says stop" which is a royal pain in the ass when you get chased down.

The maruader aoe KD is on a twenty second cd......order dont get any aoe kd with such ease of use. Double this up with sorcs aoe and demolition spam from maruader. To finish of any runners with the zealots rubber banding thingy spell thats insanely annoying = Dead zerg

In a game dedicated to huge zerg battles i do think dest have a slight edge atm.

sloand

Fledgling Freddie
Just to also mention, none of the above bothers me in the slightest. Its why i rolled on order side.

Playing dest felt way to overpowered so our guild swapped to order.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
I am not trying to flame him and maybe the language barrier hits me in the face here, but to me "i do think dest have a slight edge" and "dest felt way to overpowered" are not the same thing.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Someone changed realms because one was too overpowered now there's a first..you sure it's not because Order have BW's?
Did i say bright wizards need a nerf?

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
Depends on where he's from dee, I read the "slightly overpowered" sentence in an ironic tone so it being followed by the other was not out of place in the slightest.

Saying that, I'm assuming he's from the UK somewhere and you are not? It is quite well documented that the majority of Brits are partial to a bit of irony. Of course I could be wrong as we all know what is said of assumptions....

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
Depends on where he's from dee, I read the "slightly overpowered" sentence in an ironic tone so it being followed by the other was not out of place in the slightest.

I did not.

if it said

SLIGHT edge atm
or
slight edge atm ;)
or
slight edge atm :p

then I could understand him being sarcastic, as it was said, dee is completely right in how he understands it. Nothnig in the sentence other than your own biased views should make this be read any other way in which it has been typed

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
There is no such thing as slightly overpowered either.

Either something is overpowered and CAN'T BE DEFEATED or not.

It's like saying: "He is slightly dead and we had to burry him but it doesn't worry us at all."

sp4nky

Fledgling Freddie
oh on a side note just for those bitching about BW dot spec saying its over powered I can get rid of the dots with my healers.....

You need to learn about the classes better I play a BW as my main but also learn how to kill them so I can avoid being killed.

You can remove the dots with a healer as you get remove hex ( thats what BW dots are) so instead of bitching nurf them try learning to play better! :twak:

Same goes for the sorc dots they can be removed too by orders healers and roots.... they are also hex`s.

Hope that helps some people.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom