Destruction recieved to much love?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
I know there is a clear poprulation inbalance at the moment, I knew that would happen from the beginning... however I didnt expect destruction classes to be simply better than orders.

For example, why does a Marauder (Melee DPS) get to wear medium armour and the equivelant Empire class, the Witch Hunter only have light armour?

I've played both classes and the Marauder is just better, kills faster and can take more of a beating.

Any 1 on 1 situation with any destruction DPS or Healer is pointless.... you might aswell just stand still and accept the inevitable.

Dont get me wrong, this is not a flame and I love this game however I just feel that the destro side has been given a lot more time and attention?

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
For example, why does a Marauder (Melee DPS) get to wear medium armour and the equivelant Empire class, the Witch Hunter only have light armour?

they are not equivalent classes.

btw, why does engineer have better armour than a magus ;p these two are equivalent classes.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I know there is a clear poprulation inbalance at the moment, I knew that would happen from the beginning... however I didnt expect destruction classes to be simply better than orders.

I've played both classes and the Marauder is just better, kills faster and can take more of a beating.

Any 1 on 1 situation with any destruction DPS or Healer is pointless.... you might aswell just stand still and accept the inevitable.

Dont get me wrong, this is not a flame and I love this game however I just feel that the destro side has been given a lot more time and attention?
Marauder equivelant is the White Lion.

The Equivelant to the Witch Hunter is the Witch Elf, who both wear light armour.

You forget about the areas that Order excels in,
BW > Sorc
SW>>>>>>SH
IB > C/BO (Although the black guard is supposed to be the direct comparison to IB iirc?)

The healers are all pretty equal (infact nearly identicle :p)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
I

White lion is the mirror class not WH,althought i do agree that both WL and WH are weaker than their Destruction mirror classes.

And just what makes IB better than Chosen/BO?

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie

Mara's mirror is White Lion.

WH is the mirror of WE.

WH kill quicker than mara if you know how to play the class correctly.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
It's early days
Best to just enjoy the game for what it is.

Balance is subjective, and usually a long, drawn out and occasionally painful process

Besides WH's get trench coats and guns
Who cares how well they perform

Kill fast then leave a sexy corpse imo :)

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
BW > Sorc? Yeah umm ok, tell that to the Sorcs that have been topping TA on KEP recently.... that AOE they slap on the ground is nasty and adds a snare which makes it double nasty if you dont get out of it fast its game over.

Destruction classes seem more finished and polished than alot of order classes, i guess leading to the belief they are more powerful.

Sure BW is powerful but only if you spec down the Dot line, if you go down the AOE line they are pretty crap until you get past lvl30 and even then they still arent all that great. Not really tried the DD line yet as first glance on it, it doesnt look too appealing, sure the heal from Sear is nice but its not going to make or break things as its only 50% of the dmg and Sear isnt exactly a hard hitter.

Now ive seen Sorcs melting faces in scenarios recently, with that long brown swirly line thing they beam out onto people, that adds a snare i think and does hideous dmg also.

But the nails been hit on the head with regards to Destruction Melee and Healer classes, you might aswell stand and die if your caught solo by one, the only way as a BW your going to get any chance of killing a healer is if you have Playing with Fire, Fuel to the Fire and Withering Heat, which means you need to be lvl27 to even just get those 3 skills. As for the destruction melee, well, if your solo and you run into one, its time to stick your head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye.

One thing i will say though is, if Mythic can manage to release all the promised classes, then things might get a bit better for Order, as currently we lack in the Melee dps department, not to mention 99% of Order have an allergy to rolling a healer (Me included).

Soazak

Part of the furniture
BW > Sorc? Yeah umm ok, tell that to the Sorcs that have been topping TA on KEP recently.... that AOE they slap on the ground is nasty and adds a snare which makes it double nasty if you dont get out of it fast its game over.

Destruction classes seem more finished and polished than alot of order classes, i guess leading to the belief they are more powerful.

Sure BW is powerful but only if you spec down the Dot line, if you go down the AOE line they are pretty crap until you get past lvl30 and even then they still arent all that great. Not really tried the DD line yet as first glance on it, it doesnt look too appealing, sure the heal from Sear is nice but its not going to make or break things as its only 50% of the dmg and Sear isnt exactly a hard hitter.

Now ive seen Sorcs melting faces in scenarios recently, with that long brown swirly line thing they beam out onto people, that adds a snare i think and does hideous dmg also.

But the nails been hit on the head with regards to Destruction Melee and Healer classes, you might aswell stand and die if your caught solo by one, the only way as a BW your going to get any chance of killing a healer is if you have Playing with Fire, Fuel to the Fire and Withering Heat, which means you need to be lvl27 to even just get those 3 skills. As for the destruction melee, well, if your solo and you run into one, its time to stick your head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye.

One thing i will say though is, if Mythic can manage to release all the promised classes, then things might get a bit better for Order, as currently we lack in the Melee dps department, not to mention 99% of Order have an allergy to rolling a healer (Me included).

High DPS numbers don't change the fact that the (arguably) strongest line is better for BW than it is for Sorcs.

Personally I think they are one of the few classes that should be exactly mirrored, along with the healers (which pretty much are except Null is amazing on RP)

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
They need to rethink or remove the dot line from a BW ... a Magus DoT path is completely shite to the dmg that a dot from a BW can put out. Their DoT tree needs to be nerfed and the amount of crit per dot needs to be reduced or removed.

I forsee a lot of BW nerfing in the future! I shall be there with popcorn to read the whining that will take place :D

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Sorry I cant hear you over the sound of my Bright Wizard

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
Magus make me laugh, they seem to think they are supposed to be able to put out the same kinda dps as a BW, without their pet out... sorry but no.. the price you pay for that pet is lesser dps without it.

So many Magus scoot around on their disk's thinking they are a cooler looking Sorc, but sorry to burst your bubble it aint so, your a pet class, your really the mirror of an Engineer, live with it, accept it and dont for one minute think your supposed to be putting out similar dps as a Sorc or a BW, especially without your pet out.

The DoT line for BW is the only line worth speccing because of the dmg it kicks out, but thats mainly due to the other 2 lines being vastly inferior... 3 sec nukes dont cut it in PVP, the PBAOE stuff doesnt do enough dmg to warrant using, Rain of Fire very nice but channeled and easily interupted or avoided, so that basically leaves you using Dots, of which you can stack 4 of them if you spec into Withering Heat, aswell as extending the duration of 3 of them and causing the target to suffer worse healing and dmg to anyone that heals that person.

They shoulda put Withering Heat on a seperate Tree and playing with Fire on the 3rd tree, at the moment the dot path is much too nice not to use.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I also heard that Magus could kill themselves when they cast spells, or wait...
Comparing Magus to BW is like comparing 50 blunt spec Warden DPS to a Blademaster.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Magus make me laugh, they seem to think they are supposed to be able to put out the same kinda dps as a BW, without their pet out... sorry but no.. the price you pay for that pet is lesser dps without it.

So many Magus scoot around on their disk's thinking they are a cooler looking Sorc, but sorry to burst your bubble it aint so, your a pet class, your really the mirror of an Engineer, live with it, accept it and dont for one minute think your supposed to be putting out similar dps as a Sorc or a BW, especially without your pet out.

The DoT line for BW is the only line worth speccing because of the dmg it kicks out, but thats mainly due to the other 2 lines being vastly inferior... 3 sec nukes dont cut it in PVP, the PBAOE stuff doesnt do enough dmg to warrant using, Rain of Fire very nice but channeled and easily interupted or avoided, so that basically leaves you using Dots, of which you can stack 4 of them if you spec into Withering Heat, aswell as extending the duration of 3 of them and causing the target to suffer worse healing and dmg to anyone that heals that person.

They shoulda put Withering Heat on a seperate Tree and playing with Fire on the 3rd tree, at the moment the dot path is much too nice not to use.

You are right, the problem is the sorcs are in the same boat, and their dot line is inferior to BW

I personally think sorc and bw should be an exact mirror, whether that is at BW or Sorcs current level I dont know

aika

Can't get enough of FH
You are right, the problem is the sorcs are in the same boat, and their dot line is inferior to BW

I personally think sorc and bw should be an exact mirror, whether that is at BW or Sorcs current level I dont know

No please dont give me this WoW exact mirror attitude - I'd like a game with more diversity , more like daoc style characters.

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
Ive already seen a fotm'esque setup forming for Destruction.. couple of Magus with that summon skill where they suck everyone to them, and a handful of Sorcs all dropping the AOE on the Magus, basically wiping out anyone unlucky to get sucked in.

Its a very nice and viable tactic, and im pretty jealous that Order doesnt use it, its a shame that the Engineer path with the same skill sucks so bad, and that AOE line for BW isnt so great, im pretty sure you'll see it copied to order soon though, and in the hands of the right players will be nasty, then we'll see *Nerf BW AOE*!!! cant wait

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
Sorc AOE is stupendously powerful, much more so than the BW, think of that as their DoT line, and use that to your advantage imo

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Sorcs are more single target DPS than aoe tbh, hand of ruin does more dmg than withering heat,
I'm pretty sure that Rain of Fire and pit of shades do equal damage, while impeding doom being slightly better than fiery blast, also most sorcs dont use word of pain much, you can stack it and deal stupid burst dmg to a single target.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Sorc AOE is stupendously powerful, much more so than the BW, think of that as their DoT line, and use that to your advantage imo

you get pretty much the same AOE line, I personally don't find BW OP, but claiming diversity is 'fun' is fine when you are one of the most powerful classes in the game and your mirror class is lacking a few abilities.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
you get pretty much the same AOE line, I personally don't find BW OP, but claiming diversity is 'fun' is fine when you are one of the most powerful classes in the game and your mirror class is lacking a few abilities.

I agree that sorcs need some love or bws toning down a bit, especially nerf Playing With Fire or just make dots of same type not stackable
however please please please dont make them have exact same abilities.

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
Pit of Shades has that nice snare portion to it also right? im pretty sure Rain of Fire doesnt? from personal experience Pit of Shades allways seems to hit me for 900 - 1100 or so, where as my Rain of Fire when i spec'd into AOE wasnt hitting for more than 800 tops.

But yeah that Hand of Rhuin is nasty.

I think the only reason for the BW whines is theres often more BW in scenario than any other class, and people hate to get multiple dots on them and blasted to death from range.

If anyone can whine it should be those poor WH, they get owned hard when they pop outta stealth and caught by someone, yeah they kick out really nice dps, but they cannot take a hit at all, and for close quarter melee types thats deadly :(

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Pit of Shades has that nice snare portion to it also right? im pretty sure Rain of Fire doesnt? from personal experience Pit of Shades allways seems to hit me for 900 - 1100 or so, where as my Rain of Fire when i spec'd into AOE wasnt hitting for more than 800 tops.

But yeah that Hand of Rhuin is nasty.

I think the only reason for the BW whines is theres often more BW in scenario than any other class, and people hate to get multiple dots on them and blasted to death from range.
They are exactly the same spell. same delve, same duration same cost

AOE line are just about identicle,

Sorc has similar dots, minus a few nice abilities: heal debuff, resist debuff, word of pain has to be stacked to be as effective as slow boil and gloom of night has a 2s cast time

DD lines are almost the same, but BW gets some slightly better mastery abilities in theirs.

If anyone can whine it should be those poor WH, they get owned hard when they pop outta stealth and caught by someone, yeah they kick out really nice dps, but they cannot take a hit at all, and for close quarter melee types thats deadly :(

What happened to that anti-wow diveristy? :)

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
Hey im not saying fix WH, i just feel sorry for them is all :) im glad the game isnt totally balanced, infact im pretty sure that at some point Mythic even said they didnt want it totally balanced across all classes, they actually wanted some classes performing better than their counterparts, but aslong as there was equal balance between the opposite realms powers that would be suffice :)

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
I think identical classes both sides across the board would make the game a little boring really.

Though I agree, "Balance" would be great, unfortunately balance issues aren't easy to iron out I'm afraid.

There are advantages to mirror classes, but advantages to things being more diverse. It's a fine line though.

I'm not looking forward to meeting a DoK on my WP again, we were fighting for hours :(

Gahn

Resident Freddy
They need to rethink or remove the dot line from a BW ... a Magus DoT path is completely shite to the dmg that a dot from a BW can put out. Their DoT tree needs to be nerfed and the amount of crit per dot needs to be reduced or removed.

I forsee a lot of BW nerfing in the future! I shall be there with popcorn to read the whining that will take place :D

That said Sorcs are quite capable of dishing out some insane damage, hello 2 assisting sorcs 850 - 900 - 850 - 800 -.-

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie

ROTFL...dude get a clue.. there's hardly a population imbalance on server's when both sides are queing.Maybe if Order made some different class's apart from BW,WH and WP things would be different.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
That said Sorcs are quite capable of dishing out some insane damage, hello 2 assisting sorcs 850 - 900 - 850 - 800 -.-

And 2 assisting sorc's still don't do the damage of 1 BW.

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
ROTFL...dude get a clue.. there's hardly a population imbalance on server's when both sides are queing.Maybe if Order made some different class's apart from BW,WH and WP things would be different.

Hey we're not all BW, WH or WP - there are quite a few IB and Engineers too.

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
No please dont give me this WoW exact mirror attitude

So keep silence like it is at 40?

Same damage, same duration.

Sorc has a 2 second cast time and the BW's is instant.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom