DECENT mmorpgs?

C

Coim-

Originally posted by --Random--
ROFLMAO, god i hope for your sake your joking there..

thats the first time anyones dared say something as rediculous as that in terms of mmorpgs.. rofl..

you obviously havnt played UO, or EQ for that matter.. they're the original mmorpgs, they were the first, and they're still more popular than daoc. EQ is the most popular mmorpg ever, it has the most subscribers of any game. daoc is just a tiny little pass time in comparison to UO/EQ. these games kept me interested for an insane 6 years all together, daoc lasted 6 months.

dont even try talking about something you have no idea of.
The graphics suck. The gameplay's ok. Btw, I'm talking about EQ. At the moment, EQ's most popular, then SWG, then DAoC. So UO isn't 'more popular than DAoC'. Oh, and the fact that you're basing the gameplay on how long it kept you entertained says a lot tbh. :eek:

A

Alkoran

Random if you really hate DAoC that much why do you hang about here? Clearly telling a lot of people that something they quite like is total garbage is not a very pleasant thing to do.

B

bult

LOL @ EQ beeing better then daoc... fucking shit no pvp game.

R

--Random--

Originally posted by Coim-
The graphics suck. The gameplay's ok. Btw, I'm talking about EQ. At the moment, EQ's most popular, then SWG, then DAoC. So UO isn't 'more popular than DAoC'. Oh, and the fact that you're basing the gameplay on how long it kept you entertained says a lot tbh. :eek:

graphics beat daoc any day, i've seen more breathtaking things in eq than i ever have in daoc. besides, graphics mean nothing, i mean look at UO, thats the best game ever and the graphics suck.

UO used to have as many subscribers as EQ had back in the day, before daoc even EXISTED, but as i said, EA took over osi and fucked it over, which is a shame, but nothing can be done now.

this thread is about decent mmorpgs, so lets stop talkin about daoc yea?

R

--Random--

Originally posted by bult
LOL @ EQ beeing better then daoc... fucking shit no pvp game.

laughable, purely laughable.

C

Coim-

Ok then Mr. EQistehrock, what exactly are you supposed to do in EQ after you've got nice armor/weapons, and you've seen pretty much everything there is to see?

R

--Random--

Ok then Mr. EQistehrock, what exactly are you supposed to do in EQ after you've got nice armor/weapons, and you've seen pretty much everything there is to see?

quit. the things your supposed to aim for in the game take around 3-4 years to accomplish, and by the time you've done it all, you may aswell quit coz theres nothing left to do :)

the epic quest alone has taken a m8 of mine over a year and he's still not finished it. its not like daoc, its not a 30 minute job to complete the epic.

so now you tell me, what are you supposed to do in daoc when you've hit rr10 ?

B

bult

might aswell play singleplayer if there is no pvp

A

Alkoran

quit. the things your supposed to aim for in the game take around 3-4 years to accomplish, and by the time you've done it all, you may aswell quit coz theres nothing left to do :)

the epic quest alone has taken a m8 of mine over a year and he's still not finished it. its not like daoc, its not a 30 minute job to complete the epic.

I find questing in EQ is just as tedious as in DAoC, but it's tedious for much longer.

....and you haven't answered my question.

C

Coim-

Play another character. Try the PvP server. Wait for next patch for new stuff. Wait for ToA. RvR some more till you get 10l10; when you've got that, RvR some more. Just because your RP's aren't making any difference doesn't mean it isn't fun.

K

katt!

the thing you have done getting there.

"having fun".

if you're not having fun - quit.

A

Aoami

. EQ is the most popular mmorpg ever, it has the most subscribers of any game.

AFAIK Legend of Mir has the most subscribers. They have over a million in Asia. EQ has the most in the USA.

K

katt!

Originally posted by Aoami
AFAIK Legend of Mir has the most subscribers. They have over a million in Asia. EQ has the most in the USA.

lineage has the most subscribers. Way way way more than any other game.

R

--Random--

Play another character. Try the PvP server. Wait for next patch for new stuff. Wait for ToA. RvR some more till you get 10l10; when you've got that, RvR some more. Just because your RP's aren't making any difference doesn't mean it isn't fun.

oook, but you can do the same on EQ. create a new char, go on the pvp server, wait for patches/add ons... so you've basically just totally disproven your own point.

C

Coim-

oook, but you can do the same on EQ. create a new char, go on the pvp server, wait for patches/add ons... so you've basically just totally disproven your own point.
Can you RvR? Can you do keep takes? Relic raids? I think not.

R

--Random--

Can you RvR? Can you do keep takes? Relic raids? I think not.

can YOU do 8 player per group dungeon raids where your group gets they're very own dungeon to quest through alone, with no one else camping anything etc? i think not.

trust me, daoc seriously isnt in the same league. its an ok game, but theres no depth whatsoever. i just keep chuckling to myself, thinking theres poor buggers like you out there thinking daoc is actually an in-depth, involving title.. if only you knew! i mean take the sheer number of spells and the coolness factor thats associated with each one.... can you cast a spell to make you float in daoc? can you shrink people? can you turn into a tree? can you turn into a skeleton? can you turn into a wrathe? can you turn into a wolf? can you make people invisible? can you make yourself invincible? can you sacrafice other players?

C

Coim-

can YOU do 8 player per group dungeon raids where your group gets they're very own dungeon to quest through alone, with no one else camping anything etc? i think not.

trust me, daoc seriously isnt in the same league. its an ok game, but theres no depth whatsoever. i just keep chuckling to myself, thinking theres poor buggers like you out there thinking daoc is actually an in-depth, involving title.. if only you knew! i mean take the sheer number of spells and the coolness factor thats associated with each one.... can you cast a spell to make you float in daoc? can you shrink people? can you turn into a tree? can you turn into a skeleton? can you turn into a wrathe? can you turn into a wolf? can you make people invisible? can you make yourself invincible? can you sacrafice other players?
Who would want to shrink people? Who would want to turn into a skeleton? In fact, who would want to do half the stuff on there, when you've got probably the best PvP system EVAR!!!11 Face it, DAoC RvR > all.

R

--Random--

Who would want to shrink people? Who would want to turn into a skeleton? In fact, who would want to do half the stuff on there, when you've got probably the best PvP system EVAR!!!11 Face it, DAoC RvR > all.

daoc rvr>the wet tissues i throw away after a wank

bull shit, daoc pvp sucks so badly. its like.. religion, your lied to all your life to expect something great when you die, heaven, then when you die all that happens is you decompose into the earth and thats IT. its the same with daoc, your always thinking, omg when im lvl 50 im actually gonna be able to hold my own in rvr!!! then when you hit 50 you realise its actually more like, omg when i have 50 people on my side i'll be able to hold my own in rvr v 1 person!!!111111five

its a shit system, totally unbalanced and totally crap. UO pvp absolutely shits all over daoc pvp, UO takes the most amount of skill to pvp in i've seen in any game (including fps's).

C

Coim-

daoc rvr>the wet tissues i throw away after a wank

bull shit, daoc pvp sucks so badly. its like.. religion, your lied to all your life to expect something great when you die, heaven, then when you die all that happens is you decompose into the earth and thats IT. its the same with daoc, your always thinking, omg when im lvl 50 im actually gonna be able to hold my own in rvr!!! then when you hit 50 you realise its actually more like, omg when i have 50 people on my side i'll be able to hold my own in rvr v 1 person!!!111111five

its a shit system, totally unbalanced and totally crap. UO pvp absolutely shits all over daoc pvp, UO takes the most amount of skill to pvp in i've seen in any game (including fps's).
Omg. I want to laugh, but your wrong information is making me sad. :( Incase you didn't notice, people run in 1fg's most of the time. Maybe 2. So that's 8 vs 8, maybe a bit more, maybe less. Sure, sometimes people zerg, but it's part of the game. DAoC RvR requires tactics (for keep / relic raids), and a lot of cooperation. It's not easy knowing when to heal someone, when to mezz, who to attack, etc. Also, of course it's unbalanced. There will never be a game where it is totally and completely balanced. The fact is, DAoC PvP is l33t. The best concept for PvP ever. Sure, on UO or whatever you just kill people because... you can. On DAoC, you kill people to defend your realm. Oh, and bringing religion into this is pretty fucking pointless; you'll just get people coming in saying OMGWTF YUO SAED SOMTIHNG ABUOT R3LIGION!11

W

Whisperess

You think wrong. Lots of this in Trials of Atlantis.

Go troll some other forums, we don't want you here.

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by Whisperess
You think wrong. Lots of this in Trials of Atlantis.

Go troll some other forums, we don't want you here.

Who's 'we'?

R

--Random--

Omg. I want to laugh, but your wrong information is making me sad. :( Incase you didn't notice, people run in 1fg's most of the time. Maybe 2. So that's 8 vs 8, maybe a bit more, maybe less. Sure, sometimes people zerg, but it's part of the game. DAoC RvR requires tactics (for keep / relic raids), and a lot of cooperation. It's not easy knowing when to heal someone, when to mezz, who to attack, etc. Also, of course it's unbalanced. There will never be a game where it is totally and completely balanced. The fact is, DAoC PvP is l33t. The best concept for PvP ever. Sure, on UO or whatever you just kill people because... you can. On DAoC, you kill people to defend your realm. Oh, and bringing religion into this is pretty fucking pointless; you'll just get people coming in saying OMGWTF YUO SAED SOMTIHNG ABUOT R3LIGION!11

when i played daoc, not once did i see an even fight of 8v8, ever. its either 8v50, or 50v8, thats the way it goes, fact.

keep kidding yourself and saying theres skill, but fact of the matter is, the side with the highest number of players will win, fact. dont matter if you have a master tactician on your side with a group of 8, if the enemy have a group of 20 they'll win.

and, god.. uo pvp... feel so sorry for you because you've not experienced it. UO pvp is so much closer to reality than anything else. not in the way its conducted, i know magic isnt exactly realistic etc, but the way it goes on and the way it effects people. i mean, for instance if someone is PK'd by some guy, they might hold a grudge, this grudge could turn into a big grudge and into a war between guilds, more guilds might get involved and before you know it you have a proper full on turf war raging. you DONT get that in daoc, you'll never get the personal feeling of PVP. in UO you actually wanted the person dead, you really hated the enemy, its not like daoc where its just running over a group of 8 poor sods with your massive zerg army. UO pvp is arranged, tactful, clever, skillful.

its hard to explain with UO, there was simply so much depth it was almost better than life itself. i know it sounds increadibly sad, which it undoubtebly is, but still.. i've had more fun in UO than i have any other game in my life. UO relied on a social aspect of the game, as i said there is hatred between certain people, and bonds of friendship between others, all of this mixed into one huge game makes for some of the most in-depth and involving gaming anyone could ever imagine. unfortunatly UO is NOT like this anymore since EA took control, all the stuff im talking about is with the original UO.

C

Coim-

keep kidding yourself and saying theres skill, but fact of the matter is, the side with the highest number of players will win, fact. dont matter if you have a master tactician on your side with a group of 8, if the enemy have a group of 20 they'll win.
Lol. How wrong you are. Look at guilds such as Nolby Pride. I've seen them take down zerg's of 3fg many a time. Tbh, even Ithil Galad did it. They made a movie of them killing something like 4fg's, in the space of 5 minutes. (such pwnage movie tbh) You obviously haven't played DAoC very much. Oh, and about the grudge thing. I really want some people dead. Like those lame whiners in the RvR boards; heck, some of them are albs.

R

--Random--

like the way you've steered clear of the rest of my post there coim, best not to get tied down in the stuff you cant argue about eh?

C

Coim-

Oh, and DAoC, UO, or EQ doesn't require skill at all. You're pressing buttons, the day that becomes skillful will be the day adari gets RR10 with his ranger. Or, the day when I get like... RR5 on my armsman. It just won't happen. :p

O

old.Dillinja

I hated some people on Mordred down to the bone, this was because I would earn hundreds of gold every day killing greens in DF. It was mind-numbingly boring. Then, maybe the next day I would have a lot of it, if not more taken away by level 50's who would PK me over and over. If I had lost all of my items that I'd earned from being PKd once, I would've never played the game again. UO doesn't sound like much fun imo, unless you have explained it incorrectly it sounds like it is only fun for the PKers and not the PKd.

R

--Random--

Oh, and DAoC, UO, or EQ doesn't require skill at all. You're pressing buttons, the day that becomes skillful will be the day adari gets RR10 with his ranger. Or, the day when I get like... RR5 on my armsman. It just won't happen. :p

its a different type of skill, not something like playing football, thats physical skill, this is skill in the mind of knowing what to do when. daoc/eq have no skill true, uo has a hell of alot.

Users who are viewing this thread