DECENT mmorpgs?

R

--Random--

im so bored, i need a good mmorpg.. anyone know of any proper proper good ones? im not talking about daoc type crapness, im talking about proper good, as in UO and EQ goodness. played swg for like a month and got bored.. daoc is just bad, eve is dull, planetside has less lastability than a very short thing.. and theres prolly a load more i've tried and dont come up to scratch.

C

Coim-

Listen, if you hate DAoC so much, fuck off to some other boards. I'm sure the CS one's are just a few clicks away. DAoC is the best mmorpg there is at the moment.

O

old.Dillinja

FFXI is the only one I can think of atm..

Coim, you become more and more like me every day. ;)

O

old.ST200

I'll have FFXI probably like Wednesday..... there is nothing else worth trying.

R

--Random--

FFXI? huh wassat

and yea, daoc is the worst mmorpg ever made tbh coim, makes bulders gate look good

R

--Random--

dont like FF, dunno why coz i've never played any before.. but a friend once told me when i was about 15 that they suck so i hate them too.

O

old.ST200

Someone told me you are gay irl, wow you must be gay..... damn

C

Coim-

Originally posted by --Random--
FFXI? huh wassat

and yea, daoc is the worst mmorpg ever made tbh coim, makes bulders gate look good
So find some other forums. These are DAoC boards, so go away. :eek:

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by old.ST200
I'll have FFXI probably like Wednesday..... there is nothing else worth trying.

looks like a kids game :s

O

old.Dillinja

Waiting for Gamespot review on FFXI before I make my decision, Silent hill and Call of duty will keep me busy for now anyways. :D

C

Coim-

fo kid
I'm sorry. With a sig such as yours, I was almost amazed when you managed to put together a two word sentence containing no punctuation and three syllables.

G

Galiryn

FFXI? huh wassat

its Baldurs Gate, and it IS a great game.

R

--Random--

Originally posted by Galiryn
its Baldurs Gate, and it IS a great game.

pmsl, so bad :(

spose im used to a higher standard of gaming than most.. comming from a UO background..

A

Alkoran

People whine about DAoC a lot..... I whine about DAoC a lot, but truth be told, it has the best PvP system of any MMORPG.

It also has a great combat system. The abundance or reactionary styles makes combat something that's actually worth sitting in front of the comp. for.

The Mage/Tank thing may not be perfect, but there are purposes to both and it pays to mix them a bit most of the time. There are many ways to uild a group even with todays rather stagnant minded powerlevel ideals.

Most of what is wrong with DAoC is wrong with the player, people complain that they miss the old days of PvE mez and single target nuking, but in truth they couldn't care less about it, it's just nice to feel a little nostalgia.

I think the only thing I would change about DAoC (appart from of course BBs and minor balance issues) would be making it more fun and rewarding to explore, but this is something that is extremely hard to acheive with an MMORPG and even harder to maintain.

I'm not a great fan of the D&D system myself, but I would certainly not berate the likes of Baldur's Gate and Planescape. These games are not just about the system. The system is a tried, tested and evolved way of supporting the storyline and bringing different directions to character developement.

BTW they still run the UO servers don't they? As far as I know they still write expantions for it too. It's the same with EQ isn't it?

R

--Random--

Originally posted by Alkoran
People whine about DAoC a lot..... I whine about DAoC a lot, but truth be told, it has the best PvP system of any MMORPG.

It also has a great combat system. The abundance or reactionary styles makes combat something that's actually worth sitting in front of the comp. for.

The Mage/Tank thing may not be perfect, but there are purposes to both and it pays to mix them a bit most of the time. There are many ways to uild a group even with todays rather stagnant minded powerlevel ideals.

Most of what is wrong with DAoC is wrong with the player, people complain that they miss the old days of PvE mez and single target nuking, but in truth they couldn't care less about it, it's just nice to feel a little nostalgia.

I think the only thing I would change about DAoC (appart from of course BBs and minor balance issues) would be making it more fun and rewarding to explore, but this is something that is extremely hard to acheive with an MMORPG and even harder to maintain.

I'm not a great fan of the D&D system myself, but I would certainly not berate the likes of Baldur's Gate and Planescape. These games are not just about the system. The system is a tried, tested and evolved way of supporting the storyline and bringing different directions to character developement.

BTW they still run the UO servers don't they? As far as I know they still write expantions for it too. It's the same with EQ isn't it?

bollocks, for starters, the UO pvp system was about 300x better than daoc ever could be. it was awesome, however it has become worse and worse since EA (the bastards) took over from OSI and carried on with UO. yes the UO and EQ servers are still going, but UO is no longer UO, its just an aweful pitiful lump of excrement not worth anyones attention, since the gaylords known as EA took over. EQ is still a class game, and im actually considering going back, i just fancied a change.

DAOC is an ok game, but seriously doesnt come close to the likes of UO and EQ, the pvp system is dull and theres little reward from it. with UO, anyone you killed you could loot they're body dry, take everything that belonged to them, which made being a PK (player killer) very profitable and 'very' fun, and it was even more fun trying to get away from PKs. however, since EA introduced shit like tram/fell (2 lands, one for pvp one for non pvp) everything was ruined, there was no longer any tension when leaving the town gates, there was no chance you could get jumped by a pack of rabid PKs unless you wanted to be. and if you wanted to be, you'd generally not carry much valuable equipment, which basically made PKing and stealing totally useless.

wtf is TGH btw katt

A

Alkoran

bollocks, for starters, the UO pvp system was about 300x better than daoc ever could be. it was awesome, however it has become worse and worse since EA (the bastards) took over from OSI and carried on with UO. yes the UO and EQ servers are still going, but UO is no longer UO, its just an aweful pitiful lump of excrement not worth anyones attention, since the gaylords known as EA took over. EQ is still a class game, and im actually considering going back, i just fancied a change.

DAOC is an ok game, but seriously doesnt come close to the likes of UO and EQ, the pvp system is dull and theres little reward from it. with UO, anyone you killed you could loot they're body dry, take everything that belonged to them, which made being a PK (player killer) very profitable and 'very' fun, and it was even more fun trying to get away from PKs. however, since EA introduced shit like tram/fell (2 lands, one for pvp one for non pvp) everything was ruined, there was no longer any tension when leaving the town gates, there was no chance you could get jumped by a pack of rabid PKs unless you wanted to be. and if you wanted to be, you'd generally not carry much valuable equipment, which basically made PKing and stealing totally useless.

wtf is TGH btw katt

You're a very strange person

C

Coim-

Originally posted by Alkoran
You're a very strange person
I couldn't agree more. The reason; DAoC > UO / EQ, in every single way.

R

--Random--

Originally posted by Coim-
I couldn't agree more. The reason; DAoC > UO / EQ, in every single way.

ROFLMAO, god i hope for your sake your joking there..

thats the first time anyones dared say something as rediculous as that in terms of mmorpgs.. rofl..

you obviously havnt played UO, or EQ for that matter.. they're the original mmorpgs, they were the first, and they're still more popular than daoc. EQ is the most popular mmorpg ever, it has the most subscribers of any game. daoc is just a tiny little pass time in comparison to UO/EQ. these games kept me interested for an insane 6 years all together, daoc lasted 6 months.

dont even try talking about something you have no idea of.

Users who are viewing this thread