Death of a scout !

O

old.stabba

chesnor: as i play both a healer and a SB i must say that what you are saying about social skills doesnt hold true, social skills or not i cant get a group with my SB (when i was 37 i waited for 6h straight, with my healer i dont think i have waited at all). yet i guess i could prove your point aswell, since i have a SB friend that i always group with (with my healer). clearly the guilds/friends list can differ so much that taking them into account will not be proof of anything, and hence in any objective reasoning around PvE ease or hardships should be based on the skills that each class possess. if you in any way consider a class worse off in this department than assassins ill gladly point out why you are wrong :). i also believe that i can get RP much faster with my healer than my assassin, only time will tell tho and when/if i get him to 50 ill post the results.

S

SilverHood

Give over guys

Chesnor is gimped... I mean, getting hit for 500dmg just doesnt happen right? especially if you have a PB runie with you

If he's soooo good at getting a group, then why didn't he have a runie with him?

My lvl 37 thane can hit a yellow con armsman for 400dmg

Why shouldnt an orange scout hit a blue/green healer for 500dmg?

Just because healers can't spec in weapon is no reason for calling us uber

When a scout dies in the frontier solo, there is no rezzer, no - he releases

If you miss a shot, you are dead
Scouts are percieved as uber because the only times people see scouts kill, is when the scout is 100% certain he can do it

At high lvl's, you hardly ever see a scout taking risks....
a maybe = death..... you have to be sure you can get the kill, get away to safety, and plan the next attack

a miss = death

you get rooted, mezed, stuned whatever, then nuked to death

Takes me 6 arrows to down a yellow con tank (norseman) (so I don't kill tanks)
Other chain weares, helers and shammies, etc go down in 4 (so I dont try, because they mez/root me)
Takes me 3 arrows to do anything else (sb's, hunters, etc)
IF the group has a caster with PB, then its +1 to all of the above
If I miss second shot (often happens) its run away time

So a yellow caster with pb needs 4-6 arrows
Any decent caster can take me out before the 3rd arrow leaves

So I hunt blues and greens instead
Just like winter.... My thane can hit a blue armsman wearing plate for nearly 500dmg....

Dont see a reaosn why a scout cant hit for 500dmg if my thane can

oh wait..... my thane is also uber
oh wait, chesnor has his head stuck so far up his ass he can't see reason

btw chesnor, did you acually read ANY of the comments (can you actually read? or do you just copy and paste?) I made?
I even spelt certain hard to understand words in CAPITAL letters, with an explanation as well

eg:

ATM (which, actually means AT THE MOMENT) getting a group is very hard for us

now, when they patch, and we get hit witht the nerf bat, we are going to be doing LESS DAMAGE (yes, that means a decrease compared to before, in case you didnt know)

P

Pillin

Scouts RULE!

After reading the first 6 pages of this i got kinda tired, so sorry if i rastate something that has been said.

As a scout i can do good damage, i can almost outdamage a tank in pve when im using my good (and weary much twinked) equipment, including a quality 99 bow. BUT in rvr you can kill an orange caster if its a wimpy race ie. low const in about two arrows, thats about 10.5 seconds for me, this is if the caster doesent have bt and i spot him first, if the mage spots me.. im dead.
Its that simple. If any of his friends spot me im dead.
If i go out of stealth when im drawing my shot and they spot me.. guess what? im dead. You see where im going here?
yes we can kill efficiently if we are lucky and the planning is good and we have suprise and the wind is just right.

Im not even takind into consideration what a fumble or a miss will do, out of stealth and unable to hide. if its the follow up shot your pretty much dead. btw we fumble and miss a LOT, and well.. everyone misses but archers miss more, thats well documented.

Our defence is not much better than casters, our melee really isnt anything to speak of and we have few hp. So why shouldnt our damage output be close to a caster?

P

Pfy

If you get spotted, yeah, you're kinda fucked. However my favourite casters to kill are the ones in a big group ... it's quite a rush to down a yellow/orange caster and have to run for my life ...

I think things are pretty even as they are atm tbh (with regards to archers), sure, Scouts hit harder but Rangers/Hunters shoot faster and have speed/buffs etc ...

All kind of evens itself out ... Well, imho.

O

old.chesnor

I am the King of Stubborn, Tranquil. But let's agree to differ, as this is going nowhere (just flamier).

As an olive branch I'll concede that the WAY that Mythic nerfed your class sucked. Too much, too soon and too much by the back door. Just be nice to see one of you guys type 'yeah, well I will admit we were a tad overpoweredr in RvR before these nerfs heh'.....

O

old.Elrohir_CBH

Originally posted by chesnor
I am the King of Stubborn, Tranquil. But let's agree to differ, as this is going nowhere (just flamier).

As an olive branch I'll concede that the WAY that Mythic nerfed your class sucked. Too much, too soon and too much by the back door. Just be nice to see one of you guys type 'yeah, well I will admit we were a tad overpoweredr in RvR before these nerfs heh'.....

I think your right for ones :p , everything is been said , so ill leave it at this.

No hard feelings , good luck to you all :)

O

old.Jeriraa

Well it all depends on the enemy...

At lvl 30 once I took out a group of 3 orange, 2 yellow and 1 blue con. Took me almost 2 hours since they were trying to find/kill me but got no clue how to do it.

I usaly go even for red con casters if they are alone. BUT I just don't go there ready my bow and shoot them! I stalk them sometimes for more than one hour watching them carefully waiting for the right oportunity.
Same with groups. I can't wipe a group anymore but I still shoot yellow con tanks with some luck. BUT if I am Uber why do I have still only 1500 rps? (I started roaming Cruachan Gorge at 25 and I am 34 now after about 6 weeks. I used to hunt there every day! I even solo exped there.) Don't tell me it's because I kill only grey cons! I usaly ignore them exept when I am very bored or can't find any suiting prey for 3 or more hours.

I don't care for all those nerfs... doesn't matter to me if I can shoot red cons or only green cons. It's the stalking, watching, waiting and the adrenaline rush when u finaly ready your bow that thrills me. The only nerf I can't stand is "see hidden" since there is absolutely no point in it!

Btw: I'm from Midgard Prywden and not from Excalibur but that doesn't matter I guess.

O

old.Nydi

Re: Bah

Originally posted by Elrohir_CBH
_See Hidden is staying in the game, and in full effect. I am still trying to come up with ideas to make it more moderate, but that will have to wait for later. But for now, the idea is to force archers to group, and to also provide protection to groups from assassins via True Sight._

This is what mythic said whit a interview whit the hunter TL , so dont get your hoops up that see hidden ever will be balanced(nerfed)

then it must be much smarter for the group to have a lvl 20 assasin in the group :/ than a lvl 50archer.. the assain will se the enemey much faster .. pff hate mythic/goa :( .. vill stop playing at patch 1.50 for europe

O

old.job

I'll have to agree, there is a disparity between the supposed roles of the characters and what they actually have to do to level,
I believe certain characters should lvl in a different manner than just killing . There are only really 2 types of characters, killers and healers and even the healers have to kill a lot to level. To gain xp you either need to kill or heal, outside of that you are not gonna be popular in a grp. These issues could be cleared up with more complicated mob-player interactions in future patches as the game matures. A scouts role is barely needed cos the mobs just stand their in full view, bards xp is reflected solely on the level of mob the grp is killing, not his overall input, which can be very hectic even if the mobs are relativly easy. As a Bard I can sit on my ass with a high lvl grp and roll in the xp or run around like a headless chicken with a lower lvl grp in a dodgy situation and get zilch xp. I 'm using much more skill and attention with the low lvl grp and getting much less payback, so I do as others do I go for big high lvl grps that make life easy and find myself admiring the view during battles.

A

Arthwyr

I read on ign boards yesterday a hibby champ intercepted a crit shot on his chanter mate and was hit for 1000+ dmg. With one arrow. Admittedly with intercept he took every dmg penalty out there, but 1000+dmg with a single arrow is evidence of uber dmg output.

Intercept is a last resort, it litteraly comes down to the intercepting player throwing his body between the target and the blow. Therefore intercept ignores all armorfactors, defensife spells and had a high damage penalty ... and he got hit for a 1000 ... well too bad huh.

-Scouts can kill single casters too easy because they where cloth ... ok we nerft the scout or give the caster plate/chain.

-Oh casters can cast aeo mezz so tanks can chop up their targets one by one... lets nerf aoe mezz.

-Casters can cast AoE damage spells killing several people at once ... lets nerf them and make the damage output less

-Casters can cast things like BT for when nerfed scouts shoot at em ... lets nerf that too a bit

-Paladins have no speed, no range, no damage, low hitpoints. Lets make them a bit more powerfull

-Assassins can hide and one shot kill, odd an assassin who spends all his life training to kill can kill a man in cloth in one blow with 2 poisened swords ... so lets nerf that too

-Oh Oh, I cant catch the running minstrel in my plated character ... plz nerf the minstrel, not fair boo boo waa waa

... I can go on

Lets just delete all the different classes, and have everybody level one class who can do everything all the other classes can this way all will be equal. Much easier then nerfing in my way. Then add sub machine guns, grenades and sniper rifles and rename this came to CS (Camelot Strike)

To be honest Chesnor all those people who are bitching about blah blah this class is to powerfull blah blah should just role out the character you think is UBER and become one yourself. And if you can't be bothered to do so then LIVE with the restrictions of YOUR chosen class. Nobody forces you to play it or maybe people like you just do want the one do it all class as discribed above.

Arthwyr

O

old.Archa

bah

I played EQ on the realm vrs realm pvp server as a druid so that I could hide teleport, sow (run fast spell) and nuke.

Guess what I owned, then EQ decided to nurf my nukes (cos peeps whinged at how uber i was) so much so that I couldn't even kill myself with a full mana bar, result = no fun playing 'quake with rubber bullets', seya...

Oh look theres no one playing EQ on the pvp servers anymore wonder why... oh look now the whingers have also stopped playing cos theres no one left to kill!

I play Daoc now as apparently its a full on pvp game (thats what you do at high levs right)

I play an archer cos:-

1/ I WANT to solo as I don't really enjoy rvr when theres loads of peeps on the screen frantically pressing the mezz button, eg any large scale fights.
2/ I WANT to sneak behind enemy lines undetected
3/ I WANT to be able to kill peeps at a long range so that I have 'a chance' of getting away before their mates show up.
4/ I WANT TO SOLO ffs, why can't I play solo?????? I want a buzz out of killing other peeps not AI but don't want to have to hold hands with others to be able to kill anyone.

When I can no longer do 1-4 I WILL STOP PLAYING AND MOVE ON TO THE NEXT GAME = 1.50 patch unless they fix the I'm an assasin and I can see u at full clip BS.

Guess what MOST of the players playing archers will also probably stop playing.
Guess what the server pops will thus go down.
Guess what the remaining players will not have archers to kill as no one will play them.
Guess what assasins will not be able to solo either as there will be no solo archers to kill anymore.
Guess what now there's no archers class xxxx is uber...
Nerf class xxxx, rinse repeat, oh no we only have 2 classes left and rvr has got kinda dull all of a sudden.

Oh well next game, pick the uber class cos guess what its FUN... play for 6 mths or so till it gets nerfed then move on.

Know why, cos its a GAME and is supposed to be fun, as an archer being a rp pharm for assasins who won't even have to work for a kill isn't FUN, so guess what they won't get to kill me cos I won't be playing.

When the assasins have no archers left to kill lets see how they like their new I can see all archers at clip range ability.

1.50 = RIP DAOC

S

SilverHood

hmmm, live with it?

Already did

Deleted my lvl 27 scout, every level earnt by soloing, or the ocacional begging for a group

Just wasn't worth the effort, especially after reading about the nerfs

In this game, you are one (or more) of these things
Dmg doer
Tank (aggro magnet)
Healer
Puller

A scout is not - a dmg doer
A scout is not - a tank
A scout is not - a healer
A scout is - a puller

Now, just about all classes in albion, baring paladins, can pull, and forfil one or more of the first 3 mentioned... only with my bow could I do good damage, but arrows are expensive, and mean you cannot carry as much loot about

Nobody forces you to play it or maybe people like you just do want the one do it all class as discribed above.

I play a class because i enjoy playing it.... mythic then changes that class into something completely different, and it is no longer the class I enjoy playing....

I like sneaking about, hiding from enemies (not possible cos of
see hidden)

I like soloing in RvR (not possible after patch)
I like grouping RvR (not possible <full stop> )

I don't like playing a class for weeks, only to have it changed into something differen't.

The other day, my Thane met a green con celt..... I hit him for over 700dmg in one hit... thats with weapon specced to my lvl

Why shouldnt a scout be able to do the same (nerfed draw times and dmg output)

A scout is nothing after the patch, a candle in the wind..... last one should turn of the lights when he leaves

;)

T

tilde

Relax guys, check the ignboards before u make anything drastic. Loads of ppl from all classes are discussing the scout-problem, and if every scout quits? Well, that will not grant Mythic exactly ;)

O

old.Woodmansee

Scouts deal with it!
You have been WAY over powered since beta and its about time they FIXED IT!
The only people I see moan,whine,cry are the scouts/hunters/rangers!

Eveyone one and their granny made a hunter as main or alt char in midgard mmmmm wonder why???
This nurf, or what I like to call a FIX will ADD alot more to the game for eveyone accept the POOR little archers!

O

old.Archa

yes

All the archers will 'deal with it', we will all leave the game and go play the next one where we can gank you in that aswell Woodmansee until your whinging commitee ruins that game aswell.

Anyone see a cycle here...?

Bottom line is everyone has access to the forums and can thus find out what class they want to play,once you pick your class you should indeed deal with it.

Problem comes when later on the 'rules change' and all that time you spent leving so you could play your chosen class is wasted as its no longer playable in the way you intended.

Imagine they suddenly changed the rules in a football game mid match so that only defenders could score or some bs like that.

Personally I'm getting fed up with these games where it takes ages to level your guy only to have the rules changed cos other classes are fed up being killed by your superior choice of char (because you read the forums and made an informed decision).

At least in quake skill is the defining factor so no one can whinge when you own them, the way you play is dictated by your favorite use of weapon which everyone has the same access to.

Maybe the next online game should be more like that where you get to buy weapons and gadgets which dictate your method of play, indeed I much prefer it when everyone has the ability to SOLO, I'm mean ffs if your solo vrs 2 or more players your already at a big disadvantage so WHY give the group even more advantages so they can kill you even easier????????

Whats all this you 'must group' BS seen firstly in EQ and now DAOC seems to have acquired this virus??????

One more time:-

I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO HOLD PEOPLES HANDS WHEN I PLAY ONLINE GAMES, I PLAY ONLINE GAME TO HAVE REAL OPPOSITION AND NOT JUST AI WHICH I CAN PREDICT SO STOP FORCING ME TO F**KING GROUP OR I WON'T PLAY IN YOUR F**KING SOCIAL CLUB YOU CALL A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:puke:

O

old.chesnor

Mythic tweak the game constantly. If they didn't the game would suck. This is how MMORPGS work.

Archers WERE overpowered in RvR. You cannot argue with that. You HAD to be nerfed, because there was little Mythic could do to EVERY other class to redress the balance. Thats life DEAL WITH IT AND STOP WHINING.

The 'I levelled this char to 50 and Mythic have changed the rules' argument is a pile of crap. Are you asking Mythic NEVER to make any changes to classes EVER ??? Sometimes changes are negative, sometimes positive. We can't expect Mythic to NEVER EVER NERF !

Grow up, and take it like a man. If you can't do that FK OFF AND PLAY SOMETHING ELSE...

O

old.chipper

oh man u really startin to piss me off now ches and wood LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY TO WHAT I SAY

YES SCOUTS ARE POWERFUL MAYBE TOO POWERFUL THE NERFING OF THE SCOUT I CAN DEAL WITH TO SOME EXTENT

BUT..... AND IT IS A BIG BUT, NEARLY EVERY OTHER CLASS IS GETTIN SOMETHING TO THWART ARCHERS AND THAT IS WHAT FUKS ME OFF ABOUT 1.50 THEY ARE NOT NERFING ARCHERS THEY ARE KILLING THEM CAN U GET THAT THROUGH U THICK SKULL

TAKE OUT THIS SEE HIDDEN CRAP TAKE BT OFF THE CLASSES THAT DIDNT HAVE IT AND THAT BALANCES THE GAME U ARE MOANING JUST AS MUCH AS EVERYONE ELSE BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO OWN EVERY CLASS MAYBE ITS YOUR CHARS WHO NEED NERFING AS WELL

FRANKLY I SEEN ONLY 2 PPL WHINGE ABOUT SCOUTS ON THIS THREAD EVERYONE ELSE THINKS ITS WRONG AND SURPRISE THOSE 2 ARE WOODMANSEE AND CHESNOR BIGGEST MOANERS IN THE ENTIRE FUKING GAME

O

old.Woodmansee

YES SCOUTS ARE POWERFUL MAYBE TOO POWERFUL THE NERFING OF THE SCOUT I CAN DEAL WITH TO SOME EXTENT

BUT..... AND IT IS A BIG BUT, NEARLY EVERY OTHER CLASS IS GETTIN SOMETHING TO THWART ARCHERS AND THAT IS WHAT FUKS ME OFF ABOUT 1.50 THEY ARE NOT NERFING ARCHERS THEY ARE KILLING THEM CAN U GET THAT THROUGH U THICK SKULL

*Edited By Damini - If you can't handle a flame without degenerating into swearing spasms, perhaps this isn't the best place to be? I don't care how antagonised you've been, it's not the place. Use PM if you must handbag each other*

O

old.Woodmansee

Lets get things straight about the moaning

Im not that one that made this thread (FACT) death of a scout (cry cry)

Ive only ever said things about scouts on threads like this that moan and moan about a nurf to a OVERPOWERFULL char that YOU FUCING LAME ARCHERS think are not.....

O

old.Elrohir_CBH

Woodmansee

WOW i bet your a real nice person :D

Well this lame archer couldnt care less about what happens , because i stoped , and now play a warden , that how uber i was , i left ,it wasnt fair to all the other peeps me playing a ranger , i was just TO DAMN STRONG.

Thx for letting me see balance woodsmansee , you opend my eyes :p

S

SilverHood

hehe.... i dont mind being nerfed in RvR.... but They are nerfing us so we cant solo at all anymore.... grouping was never an option, so we cant xp <full stop>

thats what people are moaning about..... and then there's highly intelligent beings like Woodmansee and Chesnor who point out the obvious, yet offer no argument, no facts, and generally make themselves look foolish to anyone who has ever played an archer class.... you must be proud :rolleyes:

O

old.Woodmansee

Well this lame archer couldnt care less about what happens , because i stoped , and now play a warden , that how uber i was , i left ,it wasnt fair to all the other peeps me playing a ranger , i was just TO DAMN STRONG.

Thx for letting me see balance woodsmansee , you opend my eyes :p

Glad you saw the light!

hehe.... i dont mind being nerfed in RvR.... but They are nerfing us so we cant solo at all anymore.... grouping was never an option, so we cant xp <full stop>

You cant solo anymore mmmmm play a healer or a shaman and then tell me you cant solo anymore!

thats what people are moaning about..... and then there's highly intelligent beings like Woodmansee and Chesnor who point out the obvious, yet offer no argument, no facts, and generally make themselves look foolish to anyone who has ever played an archer class.... you must be proud

No argument or facts??? Dude wtf are you talking about?

The Facts are hunter/scouts are overpowered and mythic NURFED EM end of story.. So dont CRY,WHINE,MOAN about a char that is way over powered and the rest of us non archer class have had to LIVE WITH and didnt fcuking MOAN..

O

old.Archa

haha

Woodmansee and Chesnor have obviously been repeatedly killed by archers, haha its gonna contiune till 1.50 you dmfs. :)

Then when you want your revenge against us archers we are all gonna leave leaving you with your newly found uberness so that you can then go play with yourself. :)

Bet you still get owned even with no archers, prolly cos u suck so hard. :)

In terms of DAOC is a living product and is suppose to change, yes its true but its suppose to increase in content not decrease, the loss of all archers and then assasins will be detremental to the game both in terms of population and numbers.

Still should co-incide nicely with shadowbane or something else being released.

:sleeping:

S

SilverHood

The Facts are hunter/scouts are overpowered and mythic NURFED EM end of story

nope.... thats not the end of the story.... we can live with the nerfs.... but the fact that nearly all other classes got something to combat scouts is what is pissing is off.... being nerfed twice, in effect

play a healer or a shaman and then tell me you cant solo anymore

if I was playing a class like that, then I would expect to group, since they are group characters

Scouts are a solo class... or I played mine to be be a solo class, since grouping wasn't an option

Now, give me a fact as to why us archers are uber, and I'll give you 2 reasons why we're not

O

old.chesnor

I cannot provide any 'hard' facts. My opinions are based upon my experience in the game. During levelling countless chars I have been griefed by archers on numerous occasions.

What has always bothered me about this group of classes is that they can basically kill with total impunity. Stealthed in a strategic spot and you can pick your targets as you see fit. Any target that will offer you any resistance, you can leave with almost no chance of discovery. Because you primary attack is ranged, those targets that you choose to attack will generally be dead quickly, leaving you free to re-stealth and move on to avoid detection. Rinse, repeat and you are RR5 before you know it. This basically encourages griefing, with archers camping xp spots or areas of high traffic and picking targets way below their level in order to farm RP. I spotted this, Mythic spotted this and many many archers were and still are guilty of doing it. Its not against the rules, but it is lame (and really annoying when your lowbie frontiers are camped by purple archers who sadly think they serve their realm best by griefing the oppositions lowbies).

I guess it isn't archers I've got a downer on. But the kind of person that plays this class purely to bring grief to others. Archers were and remain the ultimate class for the morons who get their kicks from the misery of others.

Oh and ask yourself one more question. Prior to the nerf, everybody was aware that archers were not good in PvE, and were great solo RvR, right...? Why then do players choose this class ?

To get uber RPs and post on the forums ? (I am RR5 I r0x0r) Thats what.

btw, Apologies to all those archers that play this class but don't behave like this. You do exist, and I know several top draw archers who aren't griefers and are generally selfless and decent human beings.

O

old.Woodmansee

Ill tell ya the facts

Last time i played daoc I got hit for 480 first arrow then 440 2nd arrow then ran towards the archer and was like almost dead
add that with STEALTH

= A CHAR THAT CAN HIDE AND ALMOST KILL ANYONE he chooses. Oki sure you cant kill a shield spec warrior with a BIG shield but thats WHEN YOU HIDE!

ITs lame and over powered and thats not from me its from MYTHIC OKI!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom