Death of a scout !

C

Chenuba

As i said in an earlier post.
Mythic should try and balance out classes instead of nerfing all the time..

O

old.Prof

You can't balance classes without nerfing, ppl should learn to understand that ...

How else you propose to balance things ? Even if you balance it "by giving love to all the other classes", you still end up with a nerf for the few classes that don't get love.

Either you directly nerf a class by decreasing it's efficiency or otherwise you indirectly nerf a class by increasing others their efficiency, there is no other way.

So simply : "balancing" is actually a nicer word for "nerfing" or vice versa ...

S

SilverHood

but why balance them?

Try playing a scout, and then see your many hours of play wasted because of a few nerfs

Leveling a scout is hard work, often solo

Compared to a cleric/tank a scout is 3-4 times as slow to level, indeed the people I grouped wiht in mithra are now in their middle or high 30's, and some in their 40's, yet im still stuck on 27 because I have to solo, and when I do get a group, its pretty easy to level (got half a level in 2 hours in catacombs), but no one wants us around

Because we dont add anything to a group, we are not wanted in groups, yet mythic are forcing us to group in order to level
and because of these stealth nerfs, we have to group in RvR too, and again, no one wants us in their group, because all we can do use our bow, and die easily because of crap armor

there's just no way to justify these changes, since scouts are harder to level, give us an extra privelige in RvR, or atleast make us easier to level if we are forced to play a support class

:(

O

old.Halfmad

I know exactly how you feel but its not restricted to just scouts, all STEALTHERS are being slowly and carefully weeded out of the game, I suspect it's by all the other classes complaining..

:rolleyes:

all stealthing classes have a nightmare time leveling (perhaps slightly easier for minstrels if thier realm doesnt have many - lol), perception is that we wont help non-stealthers once we're up in rvr levels :rolleyes:

W

-Wedge-

Well, I'm leveling a scout atm, hit 21 yesterday :)
(Got 2 levels in 1 night, whoohoo ! :p )

Cant wait for BG's ;)

I've never been pro to the fact that a scout with high stealth cant be seen by anyone... I've always thought that a scout could be seen by an assasin (well, always, the first few weeks in DAoC :) )...

Assasins are alive to take out scouts(and casters). But the fact that an assasin can see a much higher level scout with much higher stealth is just one huge NERF... Still I see a 'simple' solution, just group with an infiltrator...

As for grouping, so far its bollocks... I must be lucky or smmt, because I've been able to get groups so far... And when I'm playing my armsman, I'll never refuse a scout in a group... Heck most of the time I'm grouped with a scout and an infiltrator...
(Though I must admit, our high level scouts complain about getting groups, so must be the low level)

I will refuse a scout if we already have 2 in the team, scouts wear a bit more then the paper of a casters and infiltrators... But still... If you get agro, healers have a hard time keeping you alive...

So in the end, the biggest problem is the See Hidden that has 'unlimited' range and does not take levels into account... A level 25 should not be able to see a level 50 with 50 in stealth, period...

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Icy

So in the end, the biggest problem is the See Hidden that has 'unlimited' range and does not take levels into account... A level 25 should not be able to see a level 50 with 50 in stealth, period...

Indeed, see hidden should be absed around lvl in a similar way to teh normal stealth being distance based upon lvl difference. Just that see hidden extends this depending on the lvl of the class... Wouldn't be difficult to code.

I can see his complaint with that, it does suck severely. Although his complaints about the bow being nerfed... Scouts do far too much damage ;-) although it has to be said I would roll a magician rather than a scout any day for the aoe ;-)

T

Tranquil-

sigh...

Getting harder to know what to do with your scout for sure...
Though it's just to adapt as best you can..

O

old.Odysseus

Let me tell you a little story of a scout.

A scout is a liability to every single party he enters, any class in this game is his superior in PvE (maybe infil excluded). This makes it damn hard to level, as it it a problem to find yellow mobs that you can actually kill solo.
Some solve this by having a cleric on a 2. account, others do the hard work of soloing.

All this hard work is worth it because you know that once you enter RvR, you have an advantage. So you dont mind really. You spend a lot of time solo, grasping every chance you get for a party.

When you hit level 35+, you start going into RvR and you are getting pretty good at it. You can e.g. pick greens out of a full group without to much risk, but its not like you are immortal or anything. You will have to work hard and spend a lot of time in RvR (again solo mostly).

This is why you started a scout, so all is good.
Ok, so ppl find you a bit overpowered and you get nerfed. Minor alterations in gameplay must of course be accepted.

Then some day in may you see the patchnotes for 1.50 and think a bit....
Would it not have been much more fun playing in parties all the time and actually making a difference in the parties you were lucky to actually get in?
Would it not have been fun if you had gotten invites to parties instead of having to beg for them?
Would it not have been much more fun if you could solo when you wanted to and not as a necessity?
Would it not have been a lot more fun having the ability to go solo the mob you need for a drop instead of having to form a party around your scout (impossible btw) to hunt that mob?
Would it not have been much better for your mental health if you had felt that you had aided your parties instead of only leeched them?

I regret sorely having made a scout. I should have made a theurgist like my friend Kantz.

D

Danya

When 1.50 finally rolls around to Goa's neck of the woods I'll be deleting my minstrel. If I wanted a class I could run around fast and mez things with I'd have played skald. Stealth is the defining feature of rogue classes, by removing that mythic is killing them.

O

old.chesnor

Yet another 'archers have been nerfed' post. Yawn. It is clear to everyone who does'nt play an archer class that you are ALL overpowered in RvR as things stand now. The reasons are this...you are and will remain one of the most viable solo RvR classes. This alone is the price you pay for difficulty you get grouping in PvE. I recall when my healer was around lvl35 (and I did RvR a reasonable amount) that a 40+ archer had more RPs than MY ENTIRE GUILD. Sure the guy spent alot of time in emain, but thats because he could. Try soloing a Healer in RvR.....

I played a healer to 46 and really did not like grouping with archers or asassins. They had no protect and had potential to cause insane damage. That is a recipe for disaster in PvE, not matter which way you look at it. Skillfull archers and asassins were not a problem, but I met lots who were just dmg junkys (ph33r my crit shot!!! or muhahah I PAed that mob for 700dmg...OMG HEAL HEAL). The problem of course is there are loads of archers and not many good ones.The majority of archers seemed to roll BECAUSE they could get uber RPs. Hence the whinge posts...

I also had several instances where archers would not group with me in RvR, because they wanted to solo for uber RPs. You can't have it both ways. I think this will force archers to start playing the group game a bit more instead of racking up inordinate amounts of RPs soloing all day.

Mythic HAVE to nerf classes occasionally. It would be crazy to give love to every class so they can compete with archers in RvR, so they had no realistic option other than to nerf archers. Try playing a pierce/shield specced Lurikeen Champion before you start moaning about how gimped your class is ;)

Deal with it....

O

old.Zeikerd

They just remove that See Hidden realm ability!
And give wizards and cabalist a new spell See Hidden from level 40 (and the some other caster classes from the other realms). Which is focus only so they can move or do other things while they scan the area and that they can only use it once every 10 minutes orso.

I think the archers are now balanced enough if they remove that See Hidden stuff.

O

old.Lonewolf

Nice post and it is summin Mythic I am sure is pooing themselves about now

W

-Wedge-

I knew about See Hidden when I started my scout, so I'll live with it (i'll just tag along with an infiltrator of our guild)...

But I play an armsman, so dont tell me stuff about gimped rvr classes, I'm nothing solo, even an blue archer can kill me (if he plays correctly)... Even in groups, I'm useless 60% of the time (mezz/stun/etc)...

But See Hidden is gimping all stealth classes more then it should, it makes Assasins 'see all gods', no rogue class can take on an equal con assasin unless the assasin unstealths...

All they have to do, is make See Hidden level based, the higher level See Hidden you have (and the higher you are) the further you can see other stealthed classes... Then I'd be happy...

C

Cohannyn

Ok.. sorry but this is way too long..

you guys aren't really realizing the problem here.. people are whining that they want classes balanced left and right.. the problem is that DAoC (and almost all other MMORPGs) aren't really RPGs in the sense that you take on a role and play it.

Take the Scout for instance.. your role should be to scout ahead, perhaps drop one or two guards here and there, perhaps enemy scouts etc.. However, COMBAT SHOULD NOT BE A MAIN PRIORITY. Rather the opposite should be the case, avoid combat as often as possible.. Now that's a scout.. avoid combat, but scout the enemy, then report back about their activities.

Then take the healing-classes... a healing class should also have a role, though in many cases that role is easier to have in a MMORPG. The main job for a healing class should obviously be to take care of the wounded (and dead in DAoC). Clerics/Healers/Druids then complain they don't stand a chance in battle, but they shouldn't.. They're not soldiers, they're not on the battlefield to fight! That's not their ROLE.

Infiltrators, or the Assassin-classes, also have a role. Now they're complaining that they're being nerfed because they can't go inside a pack of enemies and stay stealthed while chopping heads left and right... But that's not how an Assassin-role should work! They should slowly close up on the last man in a group and take him out, then run like hell.. or sneak up on lonely archer sitting behind a tree thinking no one can see him.. Or as the class-name infiltrator indicates.. they should infiltrate enemy realms and learn of secret plans. A Disguise-skill would be great, and would let a player go into another realm and basically take part of broadcasts and realm-messages as if it was his own realm. However, the disguise-skill was scrapped.

But... and it's a damn big but.. DAoC only has ONE WAY TO IMPROVE CHARACTERS. Kill, Kill, Kill, Kill... in a true roleplaying game, a scout wouldn't become better at his occupation by slaying as many enemies as possible at once.. He'd become a better scout by going on scouting-missions.

A healing-class wouldn't become a better healer by crushing someone's head in.. He'd get better by treating that person's wounds.

An infiltrator does not become a better spy by leading a charge on an enemy keep. He learns his trade by infiltrating the enemy realm and find out about an imminent attack on his homelands.

But this is DAoC.. it's not a roleplaying game.. it's about killing as many things as possible as quickly as possible, therefore the whole issue about roles is really useless. As soon as a scout can't gain xp (read: kill) as quickly as a Paladin because of his "role", he will whine that his class is useless and demand some "lovin'".

I say.. do away with classes altogether, remove the levels and make each character an individual by giving him the same chances as anyone else of the same race. You want to become a better swordsman? Go chop some rabbits. You want to become a better archer? Go shoot some birds. You want to become a better stealther? Talk to the people over at the Guild of Rogues, they probably have someone teaching that stuff.

Bla bla bla, rant rant rant.. I'm just so sick of people whining about how their class is unbalanced etc.. a healing class is not SUPPOSED to be able to kill a warrior class... an Assassin-class is not supposed to be slaughter 20 enemies at once..

T

Tasans

Dont know who wrote it first but i got it from Vell from the GoV forums.
"In a final attempt to destroy the archer class, we have replaced the razor-sharp arrow tips with suction cups."
Oh yeah Cohannyn are you smite specced?

C

Cohannyn

No I'm not (or was rather, I recently went U.S.)

I had a Rejuv/Enh Cleric... at level 27, I had 5 in Smite, rest was Rejuv or Enh.

But it's beside the point.. the point is that DAoC tries to be an RPG and have classes with different purposes, and at the same time tries to "balance" the classes so that the roles are in actuality unnecessary. Because if all roles are equally good at combat (which is the lone source of advancing in DAoC), then why are there roles?

O

old.Odysseus

A little technical note to my above post:

Everything in DAoC is based on leveldiffs.
If i shoot at a purple <random class> I wont hit, and even if i do, i hit for neglible damage. This is a policy that is enforced in every single rule of the game, also when it comes to stealth.

See Hidden is different. I can make a level 5 assassin, group with some highlevels, go to emain, get enuf RP to get SH.
Next thing: I can get the scout that is _scouting_ my army uncovered.
Thus a level 5 assassin can suddenly harm a level 50 scout.

Imagine a level 5 scout harming a level 50 thane... u cant? well go figure.

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Odysseus
A little technical note to my above post:

Thus a level 5 assassin can suddenly harm a level 50 scout.

Imagine a level 5 scout harming a level 50 thane... u cant? well go figure.

Hopefully Mythic are taking this on board and will sort out the see hidden ability. They specific realm abilities suck badly at the moment and are incredibly imbalanced. They seem very rushed.

A thane gets a virtually useless once every 30 minutes pulse stunn device whereas a paladin gets a 100hp group insta heal over the same period..

Smacks of a rush job. I would hope they have enough coders not working on the expansion to sort these issues out...

It's been interesting reasing the class boards to see what they US players think... Apart from everyoen thinks their class is the worst... LOL

K

K0nah

I dunno what the fuss is about tbh - u know for a certainty the See Hidden skill will get nerfed from the reaction its getting over in the States. And we're sure not to get 1.5 more likely 1.59 or something in ooo 2years?

We'll all be long gone by then.

Keep leveling those Scout alts, we'll show the Hibs how ranged battles r fought! :cool:

O

old.Odysseus

Thx for the encouraging words Konah - although their basis is a bit gloomy ;)

Btw, i just got killed by a pet seeing through my stealth for once.... I wonder when they are ever gonna figure out whether this is intended or not. Logical it sure as hell aint.
Btw(2) It was after missing 3 crits in a row cuz PBT stacks....

I could keep on whining, but enough is enough - I helped kill Eleasias, so my day is really ok ;)

O

old.stabba

why do balancing have to = nerf? sure i can understand the maths of it, i guess you could even design a dynamical matrix with somewhat close numerical representation of all classes. if that was the only way to fix daoc then i fully agree, nerfs is the only way to do it. now from a gamers POV i whouldnt do it that way, id immidatly argue that the uncontrolleble variables are too large. after all we have 2k humans behind these characters, so as a gamer i whould only see to the tools i give the classes. so if i take away something id better make damn sure i give something back, balancing is not about cutting down abilitys, its about moving them around and adding new ones where needed. wanna take out one-shots? sure then nerf the dmg on it and give assassins a pbae mez and a speed-boost, due to their lower dmg they whouldnt be able to solo much better than other people, but they whould be a really good RvR group class. give it to all 3 assassins, since its in every realm all is equal, since it whould be useless solo (nerf our dmg so we cant take out any even con class and this skill whould only be usefull for preying on the weak, and its not overpowered to kill a greencon or a limping yellow is it?). thats how easy it whould be to nerf something if mythic had a damn clue about their game and the people that play it. i guess i thaught mythic whould handle things like that when they talked about the importance of player feedback, when they made TL:s for us, when they made the strike-team. but it seems they just sat down and said -hey whouldnt it be cool to have <insert random ability here> -sure Matt ill flip a coin and see who gets it!. and now when their basic fundation is showing how bad it is they try to repair it with nerfs. now dont take this as whine/flame cause it isnt.

S

SilverHood

Yet another 'archers have been nerfed' post. Yawn. It is clear to everyone who does'nt play an archer class that you are ALL overpowered in RvR as things stand now.

Missing the point here chesnor,

Sure we are good in RvR, but we pay the price for that with slow leveling

what mythic is doing, is making is less good in RvR, and nerfing us so its harder to level

I dont mind RvR nerfs if it means I can get a group, but the fact is, that we have little chance of getting a group in PvE, and little chance of getting a group in RvR

so we solo mobs, which after 1.5 is gonna be a lot harder, due to the new anti-kite code and draw speed nerfs, and become even less useful to the groups that mythic intend for us to level up in

our sole purpose as a scout was to solo RvR.... we cant do that after 1.5 , but we cant group either....

Deal with it....

Cant get a group, cant solo, we're just excess waste of the Albion realm,

how do you deal with that?

O

old.Ninster

an archer complaining bout his abbilities in RvR... OMG!

Did u ever notice that archers r on the top of all RP lists??? damn ur one spoiled kid, try my warden for a change...

O

old.Odysseus

Yes, very constructive post about spoiled archers..
Let me make one thing painfully clear:
SOLOING IN PENNINE LEVELS 47-50 IS NOT ONE BIT FUN!!!
And i was lucky to find a good party in levels 18-46, so Im even a lucky scout.

Your answer: Get a group
My answer: Start a scout, see if u get one

The point is that there should be some payoff to being a liability to every group u enter (if any), and the fact that ppl will only group with your in RvR to leech your RP, as teamworking with a scout is very hard.

You cannot believe how annoying it is to solo yellows with loads of trouble for a veryveryvery long time to get the bonus: having the edge on most other classes in RvR.
When that edge is gone, why would I ever choose a scout?'

This is becoming a Diablo II nerfing festival and I dont like it one bit.

O

old.chipper

after reading this post and the link that rhali posted i already feel cheated and im only a lvl 25 scout,

for those who didnt read the link here is something u may want to know that will no doubt be added in l8r patch

* Most of the archer nerfs did not even have "Archer" in the title. By adding things to various classes they slowly took archers part. You can successfully destroy a class by "adding" to another class. They:

======================================================

Gave 6 second stackable pulsing blade turn to others.

Gave pets the ability to chase archers from unlimited range.

Gave casters in each realm "Near sight" anti-archer spells.

Gave all casters self blade turn.

Increased draw times.

Increased fumbles. With 50 base longbow I often fumble twice in a row and sometimes 3 in a row.

Increased misses.

Increased the chance to "unstealth" when nocking an arrow, not firing. With 63 stealth 2 out of 3 times is the normal.

Added interruptions.

Reduced damage to sitting players.

Reduced damage to higher level players

Gave assassins 'see hidden' so they can see higher level archers regardless of stealth spec. It sets the archers level / stealth to 1.

Reduced bow damage in PVE and RVR by 20%. They didn't post this but one of the developers himself explained it.

this really is disturbing, archers are gonna be basically crap why are mythic doing this yes archers are uber and do lots of dmg so what so do bloody wizzies,eldritches,runnies dont see them getting nerfed even close to anything on this scale, i really am having second thoughts about playing this game imo i thought things where supposed to be getting better as a game progressed not worse no wonder we are losing players by the bucket load mythic need to get there head out there ass and address this cos as it stands once star wars galaxies is here i think they can say goodbye to probably 2/3rds of there population on ALL servers, i for one will completey close my account maybe pass it on to a friend if its still like it is or worse we where promised alot of things alot of which has not been fulfilled now we get to see a class totally destroyed and turned into something about as useful as a cabalist in beta there my rant over

p.s. mythic stop fuking ppl over and start listening to your customers believe me we'll only take so much off you until we say fuk this enough is enough

T

Tranquil-

To be able to adapt is the greatest skill any player can have... That's what separates good players from mediocre ones.

This doesn't mean I agree with the way Mythic has handled imbalancing issues.

:|

The thing with the scout as it is now, is that you need to know exactly how to utilize your pros and hide your cons, and the group you join has to know how to use you. A group that can't use a scout if there's room, doesn't deserve the pros a scout has.

One way to get a scout into a group could be to let the scout guard the main tank, with it's supreme dexterity it will block way more than any other character in the game. The requirement is a minimal spec in shield... The higher the better of course.
The "101 ways to use a scout in pve" is just waiting to be invented.

There are a few good RvR scouts out there.. What they should do is to share their experiences and let us other "n00bs" know the tricks, it can turn the tide in a rush by invaders.. with n00bs I mean n00bs among both scouts and non-scouts.. Like the post Veeshan posted earlier. The more experiences the better.

P

poi

Originally posted by Ninster
an archer complaining bout his abbilities in RvR... OMG!

Did u ever notice that archers r on the top of all RP lists??? damn ur one spoiled kid, try my warden for a change...

Hmm..Top 25 realm point earners last 7 days(lancelot US server)

1) Daeer (50th level Norseman Skald) [Einherjar] 139,440
2) Melkorai Alme (50th level Lurikeen Eldritch) [KoS] 135,562
3) Noirin Jotun (50th level Troll Warrior) [Einherjar] 135,066
4) Duinendas (49th level Celt Bard) [KoS] 129,403
5) Xearoii Swiftkillz (50th level Celt Hero) [KoS] 118,773
6) Lochib MartinMarietta (50th level Elf Eldritch) [KoS] 116,945
7) Whippy (50th level Kobold Runemaster) [Kindred] 115,600
8) Roariin Maul (50th level Dwarf Healer) [Einherjar] 111,165
9) Angelfire (50th level Saracen Infiltrator) [Fortune of the Angel] 109,421
10) Tangerine Dream (50th level Highlander Minstrel) [Fortune of the Angel] 102,324
11) Jotum (50th level Dwarf Runemaster) [Midgard Alliance] 96,921
12) Phos (50th level Highlander Armsman) [The Chosen Ones] 95,481
13) Anonymous Defender 94,966
14) Anonymous Defender 91,595
15) Gannondorf Isenhart (48th level Elf Nightshade) [KoS] 90,560
16) Psychosmurf (50th level Kobold Runemaster) [The Last Prophecy] 86,823
17) Gympy (50th level Saracen Cabalist) [Firestorm] 85,426
18) Wsxjin (50th level Kobold Runemaster) [AAR Forever] 81,830
19) Coregue (50th level Saracen Minstrel) [Firestorm] 81,805
20) Cyclonus (50th level Avalonian Wizard) [The Chosen Ones] 80,230
21) Vladimir Impala (50th level Dwarf Hunter) [Breath of Ymir] 77,366
22) Thurles (50th level Firbolg Druid) [KoS] 76,032
23) Ledark (50th level Saracen Infiltrator) [Dragon Family] 75,806
24) Boroque Lifegiver (50th level Dwarf Healer) [Fierce Destiny] 74,256
25) Dopper (50th level Saracen Minstrel) [Shining Force] 73,863

Top 25 realm point earners last 7 days(MLF Us server)

1) Tenn X (50th level Celt Warden) [AfterIife] 194,637
2) Alsya (50th level Lurikeen Eldritch) [AfterIife] 176,590
3) Ilyacus (50th level Celt Bard) [AfterIife] 144,342
4) Dyeth (50th level Lurikeen Nightshade) [AfterIife] 128,657
5) Kylael (50th level Celt Hero) [AfterIife] 128,549
6) Kurotto Maigo (50th level Celt Hero) [DubbingerZ] 118,568
7) Acesolon Huginn (50th level Dwarf Healer) [Raben Odin's] 115,135
8) Headrick Ramrod (50th level Celt Champion) [DROW] 110,160
9) Powersong TechnoRemix (50th level Briton Minstrel) [Colony Raiders] 110,113
10) Sel Muninn (50th level Kobold Hunter) [Raben Odin's] 109,834
11) Nahzgul Godfather (50th level Troll Skald) [Raben Odin's] 108,787
12) Krystalline (50th level Lurikeen Mentalist) [AfterIife] 106,737
13) Kriegor Blitzstryke (50th level Firbolg Hero) [AfterIife] 99,622
14) Pur (50th level Elf Eldritch) [Spirits of MTR] 92,181
15) Harkpark TakutMati (50th level Firbolg Hero) [GoLD] 89,928
16) Daemonius (50th level Celt Warden) [Dominus Exo Noctis] 84,907
17) Yorn Rove (50th level Saracen Infiltrator) [Unknown] 84,798
18) Scrow (50th level Firbolg Hero) [Dominus Exo Noctis] 84,127
19) Debil (50th level Elf Ranger) [AfterIife] 82,945
20) Swanda Muginnsdottir (50th level Norseman Skald) [Raben Odin's] 81,787
21) Kazarin (50th level Norseman Shadowblade) [Damon] 81,384
22) Elany Shade (50th level Saracen Minstrel) [Black Hearts] 80,988
23) Eirene (50th level Celt Bard) [House of Sagacious] 80,125
24) Mordoc (50th level Avalonian Theurgist) [Black Hearts] 78,873
25) Rarra (50th level Highlander Mercenary) [FdE] 76,647

Top 25 realm point earners last 7 days(Gawaine US server)

1) Oogirl (50th level Highlander Armswoman) [Chaotic Rebel] 128,564
2) Skuggan (50th level Troll Skald) [Impact] 122,137
3) Qazar (50th level Norseman Healer) [Impact] 118,866
4) Genghi Klan (50th level Highlander Armsman) [Chaotic Rebel] 114,024
5) Redelyn (50th level Norseman Shadowblade) [Skona Raiders] 102,899
6) Kalinoir (50th level Avalonian Wizard) [Unity] 99,318
7) Winner (50th level Briton Armsman) [Chaotic Rebel] 95,388
8) Threa (49th level Avalonian Sorceress) [Chaotic Rebel] 90,679
9) Neyne (50th level Norseman Healer) [Broderskapet] 89,074
10) Mortar Headd (50th level Saracen Infiltrator) [Chaotic Rebel] 88,630
11) Bluffing (50th level Lurikeen Ranger) [Guardians of the Cairn] 86,670
12) Hofast Taxi (50th level Dwarf Skald) [Star Dust] 86,261
13) Cilan (50th level Kobold Runemaster) [Skona Raiders] 85,890
14) Tonto (50th level Kobold Runemaster) [Broderskapet] 85,345
15) Stridith Gummi (50th level Highlander Armsman) [Defective Gummi Bears] 84,890
16) Cylanth Tarathi (50th level Elf Mentalist) [Divine Vengeance] 84,370
17) Zerox Ninja (50th level Lurikeen Nightshade) [Wings of Invisible Ninjas] 83,245
18) Matoe TheImpaler (50th level Kobold Shadowblade) [Forever Rising] 81,957
19) Garek SteelWolf (50th level Celt Warden) [Divine Vengeance] 78,614
20) Icelips PsstYourDead (47th level Elf Nightshade) [Independent] 74,997
21) Holycold (50th level Highlander Paladin) [Lucidus Draco] 73,209
22) Tanzi (50th level Highlander Armsman) [Chaotic Rebel] 72,967
23) Gruber (50th level Briton Cleric) [Independent] 71,020
24) Miragethemage (50th level Elf Mentalist) [Wings of Invisible Ninjas] 70,309
25) Morrygan BeynSidhe (50th level Saracen Minstrel) [Ministry of Mirth] 68,464

I dont see any scouts...:)

This is after patch 1.50..

O

old.BJ|Bored

Originally posted by Tranquil
One way to get a scout into a group could be to let the scout guard the main tank, with it's supreme dexterity it will block way more than any other character in the game.

scouts only have small shield tho so can only block 1 attack on the tank whereas another tank could block 3 ...

O

old.chesnor

Originally posted by Rhali

I dont see any scouts...:)

This is after patch 1.50..

Thats because they are either a) constantly spamming boards about how much they have been nerfed or b) not playing daoc because they have thrown teddy out of the pram.

If you had looked at the top 25 RP earners prior to this patch it would have been a totally different story. Now there seems to be a really nice distribution of classes in there. This is a good thing and I say well done Mythic for bringing some balance back to RvR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom