Games DC Universe Online - beta gameplay preview

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nice PVP day today, totally makes up for last night.

Won every PVP arena thing and helped clear out the police HQ in Metro. Plenty of herobashings there :D

Though i did an oopsie 'cause i needed hand blasters that were controller class, me being ice that was a noobie mistake as the roles confused the bum out of me. Luckily there were no blasterpeeps there.

I play a gadget+pistol controller, more to do with re-vitalizing and some random shielding then any, so not that much of a CC.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well switched my main weapon, hand blasters just didn't cut it. So gonna go with either rifle or staff, probably rifle for now(much more versitile between roles).

Lose 2 points(since 1 is in the starter slot and one you have to use), but meh, not like they are few and far apart.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I got level 30. You can do instances (reminds me of wow /sadface ), 2 man instances, legend pvp (no thanks, i wanna pvp with my toon, not some gimpy Robin where I also have no idea what my abilities do!), and team pvp (sort of wow arena). Bored of the game now :(

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I got level 30. You can do instances (reminds me of wow /sadface ), 2 man instances, legend pvp (no thanks, i wanna pvp with my toon, not some gimpy Robin where I also have no idea what my abilities do!), and team pvp (sort of wow arena). Bored of the game now :(

Hohohoho

I knew I should wait! :p

Good job my guinea pigs muahahahahaha :evil: :evil:
:flame::flame:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
And rushing to 30 with one character, not trying out hero/villain side, not collecting stuff, not spending time in PVP in between missions etc etc will deter your gametime a lot.

I just popped 20 on my main(Isaria, The aptly named icebitch :p) and as a bonus to the glorious Detonator Dan for today, i got a superman superball trinket that bounces about the room wrecking everything :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Are the servers down or something? Launchpad gives an error and won't check the files :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
And rushing to 30 with one character, not trying out hero/villain side, not collecting stuff, not spending time in PVP in between missions etc etc will deter your gametime a lot.
just to say I did not rush, also I have 4 toons around 12-15 and have respecced a few times. Even after that, I still find the pvp a bit shit. People constantly hold block whilst trying to roll away, or just try and fly off. You can lunge/pull but its kinda boring. Also I don't care if I win or lose a fight. With daoc I would be so desperate to win .

Aada

Part of the furniture
just to say I did not rush, also I have 4 toons around 12-15 and have respecced a few times. Even after that, I still find the pvp a bit shit. People constantly hold block whilst trying to roll away, or just try and fly off. You can lunge/pull but its kinda boring. Also I don't care if I win or lose a fight. With daoc I would be so desperate to win .

I never try to compare to DAOC everything just fails and i feel im playing a subpar game when it comes to pvp.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Completely different PVP anyway, more like a FPS for light entertainment.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Another char made, one of Lex Corps employees, with some added naturepowers and a stick. Healing powers as much as can.

Kicking pure unadulterated ass.

One level 10 tried to kill me three times(was level 7 myself) and then left me alone.

Key word: tried :p

I'm still getting my ass kicked when those coward heroes tagteam me, but even still i manage to stay alive a bit.

Might be my calling this char, have to see.

The best bit about this game is the pure difference between characters, looks help ofcourse(and my RP oriented brain making them a lil backstory) and that the combat is fun-o-tastic.

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
I played a few DPS toons before settling on my Dual Pistol / Nature build. Once I started playing that I've not looked back. Awesome fun to be had playing a healer in this game.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
True, it's mroe of a combathealer anyway, kicking and stitching ass.

Though i wish the heals would work on ungrouped people, kinda stupid you can't help someone out.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Decided to give it another try. After several restarts/reboots I still had no sound in game. Nothing wrong with my pc as it's only a week old. Everything else works. Previously had the sound starting and stopping in DC. Also made sure to default the sound settings.

Played for a bit and killed a few people which was mindlessly boring.

Decided to "verify integrity of files" via Steam in the hope it would sort things. Steam says "4800 files need to be verfied", then gave me a 5gb download. Thought "Fuck that" and uninstalled.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
So the PvP sucks ? or just doesn't compare to other MMORPGS atm? I'll probably not renew till march/april tbh.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah Bahu, it seems it's not your cup of tea. It's ofcourse inevitable for some to not like :p

I don't know what it is for me, probably the action-based mmo thing, just a lot more refreshing then the usual bashymashy of MMOs.

The level cap is a bit low as you hit it fairly fast, but there's also replay value so it's not that bad.

Needs work still, but so far liking.

About PVP; I find it to my liking, fast paced, but can get long brawls between equal peeps. Bit of thought in it too, not just buttonsmashing. Can't really compare to MMO PVP in general as it's a bit fresh.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
already stopped playing :p got 3 level 30's and got bored with the game, the instances get boring very fast as do the raids and the pvp is only fun for a few days. it had so much potential, shame.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Crikey, if you had sex that much you'd get bored of it too. Tootling along at my own pace and still enjoying it.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Crikey, if you had sex that much you'd get bored of it too. Tootling along at my own pace and still enjoying it.

Same, busy doing the feats and doing whatever mission i come across granted i'm only lvl 23 but i'm liking it and i haven't touched arena pvp at all yet.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
And another character out the door, brawler-mentalist.

Also VERY fun, especially cloaking as a civilian and backstabbing people :D

Didn't take flight as it's bugged and i hate getting a bugvantage.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
@Turamber: The thing is, i casually levelled and this game for me was all about pvp. I could have spent more time on achievements etc. But that's not what I want from the game. I would just be postponing the inevitable let down of end game.

@Tohtori: bug is fixed already. Just thought I'd mention it.

Tilda

I'm about lvl 17 I think, still really enjoying it and loving pvp.

Is it worth us trying to group up and do some pvp? It seems to go better when you have a group who knows what its doing and backing you up.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I'd like that. Have a hero on the PvP server by the name of Cold Star. Only level 12 I think but hopefully that won't be a problem? He is a two handed/ice chap.

Aada

Part of the furniture
lvl 27 now still really enjoying it, i think at lvl 30 the game will become a lot better then it already is due to hard Alerts and feats to get also.

Again the only pvp i've done is world pvp so still got that to go yet :) overall though it's the best superhero mmo to date.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
lvl 27 now still really enjoying it, i think at lvl 30 the game will become a lot better then it already is due to hard Alerts and feats to get also.

Again the only pvp i've done is world pvp so still got that to go yet :) overall though it's the best superhero mmo to date.

problem with the duos/hard alerts is you can only do them once a day which makes it ultra boring because you burn through them with a good group.

Tilda

What I need to work out is how we message each other, and how we make a guild or something.
What are your names in game? I'm Tild, Tilda or Tildia atm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom