Games DC Universe Online - beta gameplay preview

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Ive been watching the TotalBiscuit vids of this and it looks very impressive to me, will be buying it and giving it a go once it comes out.

Edit : I see these are the same videos.

Fast

Part of the furniture
Looks alright that, worth watching out for.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
The narrator is the most iiritable **** ive ever had the pleasure of listenning to

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I've sadly only heard negative things about it from beta testers :|

Champions online becomes f2p this year. It's decent nowadays.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Champions online becomes f2p this year. It's decent nowadays.

I like Champions but not sure that the f2p model they're running with is going to be a success. Only the subscribers will get to have a free power selection, f2p'ers will have to use defined templates.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Looks pretty much like a Champions Online remake with some fancy effects added... ? yawn

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
quite interested in this, i enjoyed city of heroes while it lasted hopefully this will be a nice follow on sorta game as far as heroes go :) will probably buy it and give it a go.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
quite interested in this, i enjoyed city of heroes while it lasted hopefully this will be a nice follow on sorta game as far as heroes go :) will probably buy it and give it a go.

From what I am hearing it is alot better than CoH or CO, just having it set in the DC universe with a proper story and narrative combined with a vast amount of voice work should give the game a decent start.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
What sites are selling it ?

edit: nvm .. £29.99 on play and it has subs.. wtf.. will be giving it away within 6 months just like all the other MMORPG releases in past few years :) so yea ill wait :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
What sites are selling it ?

edit: nvm .. £29.99 on play and it has subs.. wtf.. will be giving it away within 6 months just like all the other MMORPG releases in past few years :) so yea ill wait :)

F2P is going mainstream no doubt, alot depends on the first six months though and I can see it doing rather well until 'Old Republic' ships.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Still quite a high price for the game.

Also after reading this I won't be getting it for at least a few months.

"On January 5th, 2011, the beta came to an end with a send-off event dubbed "Battle of Legends." Developers announced in-game of two meet-up locations, one in Gotham's Botanical Gardens, and another at Centennial Park in Metropolis, where Future Batman would fare off against Future Joker, and Superman would fight Lex Luthor, respectively. The PVP event would allow players on the hero and villain sides to take on the opposing iconic heroes/villains as well as their army of players. However, due to the large amount of people that converged on these locations, there was too much stress on servers, PCs, and PlayStation 3s, resulting in many players getting disconnected from the servers or crashing out entirely. Animation glitches were also seen, as all animations could not load correctly on the fly, and many character textures would not load, rendering players in a textureless 'shadow' form"

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Typical MMO bullshit sadly, released too soon without a proper beta. The game has promise though so I might give it a roll in a month or two when the major bugs have been squashed.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
From what I am hearing it is alot better than CoH or CO, just having it set in the DC universe with a proper story and narrative combined with a vast amount of voice work should give the game a decent start.

Aye probably, CoH was really fun when you played with friends :) champions online was just utter crap. This comes out on tuesday if i'm not mistaken? i'll prob buy it on weds/thurs to give the start areas a chance to calm down.

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Game is available on Steam to pre load ready for release on 11th Jan. Cost is £29.99 Anyone else going to give it a shot? We could pick the same server and all run around together.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
So you choose a good or bad guy (Like Superman or Batman) then run around with other people defeating the opposite side? lol

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So you choose a good or bad guy (Like Superman or Batman) then run around with other people defeating the opposite side? lol

Instead of "You choose a terrorist or a good guy and run around shooting eachother and plant bombs"? Or perhaps "You choose a car that you can never afford and race around a racetrack with friends?" Or maybe another lol would be "You dig up dirt and build crossbows and start trek models with it" :p

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I'm trying to buy this off Steam but can't create an account for some reason. If they get this fixed I'd certainly like to play with other Freddies.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not sure if i'm going there, it's great and all and will most likely rival Champions, but i've got my champions heroes all ready etc. Not to mention it becomes free'ish next year.

Will have to try and demo it etc, if i can make my Saint Rouge there, i'm happy as a clam to switch :p

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I've bought this and have been hearing mixed reviews. I'll give it a fair shot and play several classes to see how easy it is to emulate my favourite DC characters.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I cancelled my Preorder last week. They started to change way to much with regards to the pvp.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
More and more tempted by this the more screenshots I see ;/

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Accessing the subscription page is proving very difficult. And you can't play unless you set-up a subscription :S

Turamber

Part of the furniture
If you experience the same problem creating a subscription - just go to the Sony Entertainment website and create one there. Much easier.

The game seems a lot of fun, although early days yet. Excellent graphics, good voice acting, high production values. The combo system is pretty neat too. I have probably built a completely crappy character but he is still fun to play ;)

Look me up as "Billy Whizz" if you get the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom