Games DC Universe Online - beta gameplay preview

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I've done a bunch of hard modes and I enjoy the pace you go through them compared to other mmos, I havn't tried raiding yet because I'm not that interested in joining a raiding guild really although I guess they're probably a lot more casual in DCU.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
What I need to work out is how we message each other, and how we make a guild or something.
What are your names in game? I'm Tild, Tilda or Tildia atm

On the PvP server its Cold Star, level 13 now ... woo. On the PvE server I have a healer by the name of Preserver (level 29) and Billy Whizz (level 9 controller, on the shelf for now).

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Hero side is Detonator Dan, but won't be playing hero side for a long time still :p

Hopefully never :D

Plentty of villains to go around though, but there's not that many freddies on the right side of the law.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Name is Timeless on the Hero side please lets sort a guild out would be cool you only need 1 other person to actually make the guild. I'll add you guys to my friends list and see if we can get something sorted.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Just hit lvl 30 tonight and saw people looking for lvl 30 controllers for the Watch Tower hard dungeon had a blast got a nice 1 hander for my toon also.

Looking forward to getting onto it tomorrow and doing more i really wanna do Smallville heh.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Two of us group up who ever wants to be the guild leader presses O and presses create league couldn't be easier. I added you as a friend yesterday Tilda didn't see you come on thou

Tilda

I have made a guild called New Order, pm Tilda, Tildi, Tild, Tildia for an invite

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Brought back an old friend of mine, way back from CoH, Champions etc.

Mentor is Superman, hero side that is, partly due to tihs guy needing a suiting mentor for all the glory, greatness and pure ego of it all :D

Fire and martial arts, the fire bit might be obvious ;)

Attachments

• KC.jpg
    KC.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 6

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, rather silly thing put me off DC for a while; mail bug.

Used a couple of hours to collect stuff, do races etc, fun fun for me(i like new stuff like cowboy hats :p), but, since the mail system bugged yesterday, the rewards never arrived.

Bug report -> log out -> starcontrol rust off :p

Not ofcourse saying "i quitz in ragez!", just that little things do put you off games for a while.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Mail bug is now resolved. Not sure how you see the patch notes...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's a casual game for sure, one among many games fits perfectly.

I currently have sc2, oblivion, fallut 3 and DC in rotation and as such, it works.

As a 24/7 wow style farmville? Not so much.

And to think warhammer 40k is 2 years away to be even announced :(

Turamber

Part of the furniture
As a 24/7 wow style farmville? Not so much.

I could never, and will never, play a game like that. Games are for relaxation not an alternative to living in the real world. Still enjoying DC Universe very much.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I could never, and will never, play a game like that. Games are for relaxation not an alternative to living in the real world. Still enjoying DC Universe very much.

More meant as something that you could spend 24/7 in, DC holds some time in that regard, but WOW for example holds you in with a much tighter grip. DC needs stuff, crap, useless runabouts and silly chores.

That's ofcourse because there's 6 years worth of stuff in WOW :p

Corran

Part of the furniture
Lets hope that Star wars the old republic has longetivity

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
No MMORPG game will probably ever take my grip again, I always compare DAoC to it :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No MMORPG game will probably ever take my grip again, I always compare DAoC to it :(

DAoC lakcked one thing i always look for in MMOs, that's useless fluff. Time killers, waste of time, fun stuff to do, RP elements etc.

DC has some, needs more for sure. WOW probably did it the best RP etc fun stuff wise, while EVE certainly leads in the stuff to do department that actually "matters".

One thing in DAoC was fun though and that was dyes, WOW and EVE particulary miss in customisation.

KotR, if takes from the SW:G book, could be real fun too. Hell, SW:G even had a fashion website for player own buildings and decoration :p

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Good point toht. Daoc had no fluff and WoW was 95% fluff!

I thought WAR had a good ratio of that, just put in that fucking third realm!

Corran

Part of the furniture
KotR, if takes from the SW:G book, could be real fun too. Hell, SW:G even had a fashion website for player own buildings and decoration :p

KoTOR will be very unlike SW:G from the information out there, but it looks like it got so much going for it IF it can sort out end game. Currently there appears to be little real point to PvP from what is released, they basically stand alone small fights.

If they put in some reason for PvP on a larger scale (ie DAoC had that with defending or attacking land which changes hands and stays changed until you do something), and also put in larger scale PvE raids and not just the 5man raids that we currently know about then with luck it will have enough longetivity! But they need to make items matter as well which it looks like they are doing.

I just cant decide on what side I am playing at the moment, let alone class. Thinking first one be a force user but just dont know which. Like the idea of duel weilding or staff (duel ended ala darth maul) - just dont know if should be light side or dark side... probably which ever i pick i will "roleplay" the opposite end of the scale i should do. IE evilish jedi or goodish sith... just to be different. lol

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Good point toht. Daoc had no fluff and WoW was 95% fluff!

I thought WAR had a good ratio of that, just put in that fucking third realm!

Heh, not at all in my opinion. If i wanted pvp(pvp server helped), it was around. PVE ofcourse was brilliantly done and rp fluff, superb.

If you can dress up as a fisherman and go help low leevls through dungeons, with a fishing rod, or if you can dps in healspec through some funruns, it's a-ok in my book.

About Kotor; dark side, no other choice :p

Unless there's an evil nonjedi side thingy, in whch case, probably that.

Loved playing a buntyhunter in SW:G.

Corran

Part of the furniture
only the 2 sides, light/dark - dark side has a bountyhunter class which can be spec'd multiple different ways

(ie start as bountyhunter then you can spec into one of 2 advanced classes (tbh alot like daoc be something like fighter>merc) one is about being a damage dealer, the other is about being a support player (heals etc as well as damage))

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh well if there's a bounty hunter, no question :p

PRobably will give it a whirl anyway, i've tried otu a lot of MMOs on a whim and the good ones stay because you can get back into it even after a year(which is where WOW is atm, with EVE).

Aada

Part of the furniture
Quit last Monday but for £30 i got 120 hours out of it so got my moneys worth i just think im done with MMO's as a whole i've been playing them since 1999 and it's just a case of been there and seen it with most MMO's these days.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Quit last Monday but for £30 i got 120 hours out of it so got my moneys worth i just think im done with MMO's as a whole i've been playing them since 1999 and it's just a case of been there and seen it with most MMO's these days.

I feel much the same after a month of playing any MMO these days.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Havent touched an mmo since I quit WAR almost 2 years ago.

Somehow, I just dont feel like playin 'em. Only posible exception would be playin in an 8man DAOC setgrp only if i didnt have to level up a toon n gear him :p

Turamber

Part of the furniture
So disappointed with the level 30 endgame. IMHO the endgame should be a continuation of the main game, yet loot - which is of little importance in the levelling game - suddenly becomes the be all and end all of the game.

The streets of the cities are empty whilst people are locked into doing the same instances over and over for better loot. You PvP and people who've been doing those instances for longer than you kick your ass as if you're level one again.

Meanwhile you are finding it hard to get groups for the starter instances because the hardcore are already further along the foodchain and others have got bored and quit already.

Yawn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom