Day Z standalone euro gamer expo

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Lot of talk, interesting to see how much they deliver. Really skeptic about the "it's out this year and it's cheap" that they've been pushing.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Now WarZ has been driven into the ground, they can take a life time to release this now, since they have no other true competition in the sector.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
they wont take a lifetime tho :p especially if they're using the minecraft release model, they'll release it as soon as there is an alpha build available they're happy with.

Gwadien

they wont take a lifetime tho :p especially if they're using the minecraft release model, they'll release it as soon as there is an alpha build available they're happy with.
This is true, but I wonder if they'll hesitate due to what happened with WarZ.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
doubt it, DayZ is a known entity, its been out there people know what to expec*t

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
the beauty of a Day Z alpha release is you know there is going to be bugs, you know nothing will work perfectly due to it being an Alpha.. maybe of Sergey Titface did the same and didn't rip off other stuff people wouldnt have been so angry about war z xD

Mabs

yea i think the rage was less to do with the bugs, etc, but more to do with being blatantly lied to

Gwadien

Feel quite sorry for the WarZ lot, people say they stole the DayZ concept, when there's no proof of this, could've been in production for ages, and then DayZ were clever enough to steal their lime-light, and then with the rubbish PR that The Tit has, shame really.

Would've been nice to see them compete and not one crash and burn.

In their defence, they probably tried to take advantage of the one advantage they had over DayZ - Actually get sales out for christmas, and when Steam approached them (I assume) I guess it was a offer they couldn't really refuse.

Bet the devs were under so much pressure from marketing and stuff to accept, probably reluctantly, and now they regret it.

As I say, tis a shame.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Feel quite sorry for the WarZ lot, people say they stole the DayZ concept, when there's no proof of this, could've been in production for ages, and then DayZ were clever enough to steal their lime-light, and then with the rubbish PR that The Tit has, shame really.

Would've been nice to see them compete and not one crash and burn.

In their defence, they probably tried to take advantage of the one advantage they had over DayZ - Actually get sales out for christmas, and when Steam approached them (I assume) I guess it was a offer they couldn't really refuse.

Bet the devs were under so much pressure from marketing and stuff to accept, probably reluctantly, and now they regret it.

As I say, tis a shame.

Theres loads of proof it was blatantly stolen from Day Z, same concept, didn't appear until after Day Z popped up (not even advertised or any sort of indication it was under development) christ even the website www.warz.com was registered after www.dayzmod.com. I really don't feel sorry for them, had they not blatantly lied to the community/tried to con them out of money none of this would have happened, self inflicted thus I have no sympathy at all.

Gwadien

Theres loads of proof it was blatantly stolen from Day Z, same concept, didn't appear until after Day Z popped up (not even advertised or any sort of indication it was under development) christ even the website www.warz.com was registered after www.dayzmod.com. I really don't feel sorry for them, had they not blatantly lied to the community/tried to con them out of money none of this would have happened, self inflicted thus I have no sympathy at all.
A logging company was registered after dayzmod?, wow, I thought Logging was a ancient job.

opticle

Part of the furniture
I played the mod finally with some friends who play it a lot.

..I didn't get it..

We wandered around losing each other repeatedly for a while, then I asked if we could go kill some zombies and was told "You don't kill the zombies in DayZ, you avoid them".. so we wandered around in the rain some more, waited for our food and drink meters to flash, ate and drank.. and then logged off. I asked if that was what they normally did on DayZ and was told "Yeah, that's pretty much how DayZ is."

Fuck that shit.

Mabs

I played the mod finally with some friends who play it a lot.

..I didn't get it..

We wandered around losing each other repeatedly for a while, then I asked if we could go kill some zombies and was told "You don't kill the zombies in DayZ, you avoid them".. so we wandered around in the rain some more, waited for our food and drink meters to flash, ate and drank.. and then logged off. I asked if that was what they normally did on DayZ and was told "Yeah, that's pretty much how DayZ is."

Fuck that shit.

welcome to hardcore survival games, if you want pew pew piss off and play COD

opticle

Part of the furniture
welcome to hardcore survival games, if you want pew pew piss off and play COD

I don't want pew pew, I just want to fucking do something. I go hiking in the woods all the time, I don't need to do that in a game. But thanks for the inappropriate rudeness ;) Fair enough if you like it.

I actually wanted to know if I'd missed something.. but according to your post.. I guess not. :confused:

Some of us also have busy lives and jobs.. if I actually manage to have a spare hour in an evening, I'd rather not choose to spend it doing fuck all. Doesn't mean you can judge us as wanting to "piss off and play pew pew". :)

Last edited:

Nate

FH is my second home
just fuck off opticle

fuck

off

it's about surviving

twat

(some of this is sarcasm)

Nate

FH is my second home
You should play the game on your own for the first few days, learn the ropes yourself and try to survive on your own. Shouldn't have someone to hold your hand in an apocalypse, it kind of ruins the fun if someone knows whats going on before you do.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
OOO ooooo!!! oooo! you offended nate now, you offended nate and his ability to prance around the country side on a bicycle stealing goodies from peoples tents ;D

Aada

Part of the furniture
I don't want pew pew, I just want to fucking do something. I go hiking in the woods all the time, I don't need to do that in a game. But thanks for the inappropriate rudeness ;) Fair enough if you like it.

I actually wanted to know if I'd missed something.. but according to your post.. I guess not. :confused:

Some of us also have busy lives and jobs.. if I actually manage to have a spare hour in an evening, I'd rather not choose to spend it doing fuck all. Doesn't mean you can judge us as wanting to "piss off and play pew pew". :)

Head to a town,follow the coastline and you will find people or they will find you and you will probably die real quick but if you want action that's the way to go.

I enjoy hiding around towns with an axe and killing people as they head into a house to loot, favourite spot at the mo is Baltoa boy oh boy I'm a murdering scum bag around that area got 30 kills there the other day until some clan came down and hunted me like a dog I still got 2 of them though before 3 others killed me.

Could have quit out but ah I'm past that shit tbh.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
To be fair, DayZ is rather sh*t as a survival game :p

The standalone might fix it, but i have my doubts.

Takes more then to have to gulp down a can of soda and beans every now and then to greenlight meters to have real survival.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
To be fair, DayZ is rather sh*t as a survival game :p

The standalone might fix it, but i have my doubts.

Takes more then to have to gulp down a can of soda and beans every now and then to greenlight meters to have real survival.

How so? it had everything a survival game needed, you required food and water to survive, you gained various sicknesses, the world was huge and supplies were thin and there was zombies galore :p only 2 things ruined Day Z - Hackers and the fact it was an Alpha mod... the standalone will make it epic providing they dont stray to far from the winning formula.

opticle

Part of the furniture
I'll give it another go and ta for the pointers.. but its not exactly Tribes is it ? ;) Each to their own :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
How so? it had everything a survival game needed, you required food and water to survive, you gained various sicknesses, the world was huge and supplies were thin and there was zombies galore :p only 2 things ruined Day Z - Hackers and the fact it was an Alpha mod... the standalone will make it epic providing they dont stray to far from the winning formula.

Because there was plenty of food, supplies were easy to get, zombies weren't even a threat and sicknesses were more towards the plot device instakills ;)

Not to mention the horrible engine and ghastly UI.

It's fun, but it sure was sh*t :p

Gwadien

Because there was plenty of food, supplies were easy to get, zombies weren't even a threat and sicknesses were more towards the plot device instakills ;)

Not to mention the horrible engine and ghastly UI.

It's fun, but it sure was sh*t :p
Toht wants it so you have to have your 5 a-day, your minerals, vitamins, otherwise, it's a shit survival game!

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Hackers make playing public a total waste of time. Playing on Hives and whitelisted servers for actual fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom