Dawn of war 2

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
If you'd read this thread or played the demo you would have realised that. The game tries to be different from the first, the gameplay is good, and the MP works well. Do not treat it like dow 1 and you will enjoy it.

i've been giving it a few chances now and i can't say i'm enjoying it nearly as much as DoW 1. this game is so far away from the original it shouldn't be named Dawn of War at all.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i've been giving it a few chances now and i can't say i'm enjoying it nearly as much as DoW 1. this game is so far away from the original it shouldn't be named Dawn of War at all.

but its closer to the source material than the original was, so...

also play it coop, tried a few goes with some mates, adn its bloody good fun, less click fest with 2 of you, so play it harder, very entertaining

PLightstar

Part of the furniture

You need a different mind set for it, I was put off with it to begin with but I began to turn to it and as I can't find my Dark Crusade disc I am stuck with DOW2 for my WH40k Action. Now I enjoy it when Games for Windows decides to work so I can actually play it.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
If you'd read this thread or played the demo you would have realised that. The game tries to be different from the first, the gameplay is good, and the MP works well. Do not treat it like dow 1 and you will enjoy it.

It was a spur of the moment purchase, had no intention of buying it until I saw it on offer.
I don't tend to treat games like other games, I'm just not a big fan of the 'this is what you've got and it's all you're getting' rts style. It only really worked in sudden strike because of the variety of units you could get the job done with, and even then those games got rubbish over time. Tbh though fight your way through enemies and defeat a tough boss at the end is almost a little bit 90's side scrolling beat em up style really.

Adari

Part of the furniture
Tbh though fight your way through enemies and defeat a tough boss at the end is almost a little bit 90's side scrolling beat em up style really.

?

this game is about mp, which is quite different from sp and far more interesting

00dave

Ok I'll give mp a go and see how it turns out.

Delrith

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, so I got this today (just been putting it off whislt waiting for a mate to get it). It gives me the keycode I need to play online, so I write that down..go into the game now everytime I have a stupid lil steam box in the bottom right hand corner saying what the code is, and I cant find anywhere to type it in?!?.
Also, whilst trying to play a game it gets in the damn way because I cant see anything under he bottom right corner =/
Anyone know how to get rid?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Without stating the obvious - the box tells you how to close it?

shift+tab.

Mabs

ocne its loaded, use the shortcut to bring up the Steam overlay, then remove it, it should go with it.

and it should have a "never show this again" tick box on it aswell

Mabs

also !

need a volunteer!

want to do a coop campaign on Primarch difficulty

so anyone interested, let me know :D

Bahumat

FH is my second home
You probably wont ghave to put the code in (i never had to for footbal manager), however its best to write it down somewhere as some games do tend to ask for it from time to time.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You don't have to write it down. Steam saves the code for you, if you ever need it you can get it from the steam overlay or by right clicking on the game in the games window.

00dave

played this online last night for the first time last night and you're all right it is pretty good online.
Although I'm not sure but I may have encountered someone cheating, rushing for a central capture point I had managed to squeeze 2 scout squads and was waiting on a heavy weapons squad out of my req, and my opponent rolled on me with an assault squad heavy weapons squad, scout squad and his commander, royally fucked me over then 2 minutes later launched a massive attack on me with all sorts of stuff I'd never been able to afford that early.
But other than that I need tactics, what do I spend my req on first?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
LOL. Not cheating -practise and good resource planning. Learn the hotkeys, you'll need them online to shave time off your actions.

00dave

It takes me ages to have enough for an assualt squad.

Also whats the button to chat ingame lol.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I have not played dow2 online for ages, might be up for some later today or tomorrow.

I will be shite, so if you want to improve then you could do worse than play me.

My gamer tag is Ch3tan.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
and my opponent rolled on me with an assault squad heavy weapons squad, scout squad and his commander

Scout and commander you start with so take them out of the equation - you can afford ASM with a minimal wait at the start then by the time they're built you'll probably have nearly enough for some heavys

I prefer tac squads though, ASMs and devs take too much micromanagement vs a good oponent

Mabs

necro bump

its £9.99 today on steam - THQ having a "something half price each day all week " sale

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
yeah US servers are still busy, loads of EU people play there

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Haven't played for ages, when the expansion 'chaos rising' I may jump on for a bit, everyone says the new 'last stand' gamemode is worth playing, but I am not going to reinstall just yet. Gone back to playing Dark Crusade.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Last stand is pretty fun tbh, esp considering it's free DLC

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
been playing it alot since last weekend such a great game the last stand game mode is a great idea, would be great to get some last stand games going with some FH people.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I wouldn't mind a game if I'm not working - yet to beat wave 19 :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You know, I still need to finish this in SP, may reinstall. Might even do some noob on noob action later in the week if you are up for it Roo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom