Darkfall Online

Aada

Part of the furniture
I thought it was being released this month?

Or has been delayed for how many times now? i've lost count with this disaster.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture

It has been delayed once. Moved from 22. january to 25. february.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

Jan 22nd was the first official release date, there was an expected release for Q4 2008 before that (plus a few speculative rough dates before then), but they never gave a firm date before this.

Honestly though it is starting to look like Darkfall will finally be released. Maybe they will release on the 25th Feb, maybe they won't, but it's starting to look like it will be released sometime soon.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Yup, it will be released soon. They've had their mouth full of horse when they said if they announced a release date, they would not back down from it. Game is gonna be subpar and crap compared to most commercial mmos out there. But it's new ideas and fills a niche.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
aye, it may not be the most well populated MMO out there but i reckon it will have enough to keep it going. mostly due to the developers not having a massive office that needs payment, so they can probably keep going where bigger companies such as NCsoft or EA would close shop.

thats imo the biggest plus of having a small company release a MMO, they dont face the same risks that bigger companies do when the subscriber numbers isnt super high.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
MMORPG.com: There had been some speculation that there are plans to push the launch date further back than the originally announced 25th date. Can you tell us if there is any truth to this?

Tasos: Consistent with the usual speculation sources, there’s no truth to this

MMORPG.com: Can you give us any more details on pre-order plans?

Tasos: We will have a pre-order so that we can service Darkfall’s customer’s better pending release. The pre-order customers will be able to download the game prior to the 25th and to enter the game on the launch date. We considered offering early access to the pre-orders, but decided against this due to the competitive nature of the game.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/4/feature/2708/Darkfall-Online-Interview.html

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Whats the business with people who pre-order MMO's these days expecting some kind of bonus/freebie anyway? Surely you just pre-order to be guarantee'd the game on release day?

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Whats the business with people who pre-order MMO's these days expecting some kind of bonus/freebie anyway? Surely you just pre-order to be guarantee'd the game on release day?

and they cant even hold that :m00:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
why? does preordering make you special or something?

It's a bonus, PR, usually the "something" doesn't effect balance at all.

So why not?

If someone supports a product before it's launch instead of whimpers in a cave and waits for "goodz reviewz" :D

Anyway, not going for darkfall, it's not really "niche", another same old and i've tried enough of them/play enough of them.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Darkfall Forum Link

Summary:
  • Darkfall will launch on the 25th Feb
  • Preorder costs €42 (€3 initial charge, rest charged on the 25th) excl. 19% EU Vat
  • Darkfall’s monthly subscription is set at 11.77 euro. A 3 month subscription with a 10% discount and a six month subscription will be offered with 15% discount on the monthly subscription rate.
  • Preorders just provide your place in game at launch, digital download prior to launch
  • Operating System: Windows XP, Vista Processor: 2.5GHz Pentium 4, or equivalent RAM: 1GB for Windows XP, 2GB for Windows Vista Graphics Card: 128MB PixelShader 2.0 support Hard Drive Space: 12 GB Free Space Minimum

Tasos said:
As of the time of this posting the NDA is officially lifted. In the next couple of days the Darfkall pre-orders will open up and stay up until right before Darkfall’s launch on February 25th or until they are sold out. This is how the pre-order will work:

The pre-order consists of the Darkfall client digital download along with a month of play starting on February 25th. The full cost for this is 42 Euro. This amount WILL NOT be charged during the pre-order. What will be charged is an initial 2.52 Euro non-refundable payment to activate the process. The remainder (39.48) of the pre-release price will be billed on release, February 25th. You’ll be free to cancel the purchase any time before the additional charge goes in on February the 25th.

Darkfall’s monthly subscription is set at 11.77 euro. A 3 month subscription with a 10% discount and a six month subscription will be offered with 15% discount on the monthly subscription rate.

There is 19% VAT added to both the initial payment of 2.52 Euro and to the remainder (39.48) for residents of the European Union. The same applies to all the subscription charges. People outside the EU will not be charged VAT.

For the pre-order all major credit cards are accepted. For Darkfall’s launch direct debit will also be available. More payment options will be available shortly after Darkfall’s launch such as Paypal, prepaid cards, wire transfer etc. Our partners for the billing are GlobalCollect, a leading and trusted global payment processor. (Globalcollect)

Players in North America are welcome to participate in the European Launch. The plans for US servers aren’t finalized at the time of this announcement. We will offer the option for character migration to US servers for N. American players who wish to use it. We have had people playing without problem from all over the US and Canada. That being said, our servers are located in Germany and distance does affect ping-time.
If the pre-orders are sold out, more Darkfall copies will become available on the launch date February the 25th. If they are also sold out, we will offer more copies every few days as we upgrade our capacity.

The initial system requirements for Darkfall are as follows:
Operating System: Windows XP, Vista
Processor: 2.5GHz Pentium 4, or equivalent
RAM: 1GB for Windows XP, 2GB for Windows Vista
Graphics Card: 128MB PixelShader 2.0 support
Hard Drive Space: 12 GB Free Space Minimum

With the NDA lifted, there will be a lot of information out in the next few days both official and unofficial. There is a lot of passion surrounding Darkfall, both positive and negative. Some views, unsubstantiated by evidence, have become almost tenets of faith at both extremes. Now you can finally judge for yourselves and make up your own mind, through player testimonials and game footage. Be cautious of what is said however, by whom, and based on what experience. The beta has been through several phases, and it’s still a beta. The main purpose of beta is to provide the developers with testing data, and not provide players with a fun experience. Even during this process however the game has been extremely playable and while many consider it to be their best MMOG experience to date, others see the potential, some had something else in mind, and few don’t like it at all. Darkfall isn’t for everyone.

It should be stressed that as with any MMOG Darkfall will always be a work in progress. Darkfall’s potential however, being a sandbox game, is dependent on its players more so than other MMOGs. This is why we’ve been communicating with a lot of our players, have been listening very closely to the testers and are taking all the feedback, positive and negative, very seriously. Something important to understand is that we are committed to fully supporting this game and working with our player base to make Darkfall the best game it can possibly be. After launch we’re not going with just a “live team” to do simple maintenance to the game while the rest of us move on to other projects. All our resources are committed to Darkfall, and we will even increase our team size to meet our ambitious future goals for the game.

Thank you for reading and we hope to see you in Darkfall.
The Darkfall Team

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Price and monthly charge seem quite high in comparison to other mmo's dont they?

Nive11en

Fledgling Freddie
They are quite high - especially since it's a pure digital download. For that price one would expect a retail box to touch and drool over.

No option to try the game before paying.

My initial impression with the game has been really positive (just reading about the game, the developers ideas, etc). But right now I'm considering waiting a bit - perhaps a trial will appear.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
price is the same subscription as other MMO's right now and as for the download im ok with it cause i wanna try the twitch style MMO and have some proper pvp that i havent had since daoc imo :)

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I will try it to give it a fair go but tbh from all the vids so far it looks liek it will be full of jump/strafe and kite idiots:(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
price is the same subscription as other MMO's right now and as for the download im ok with it cause i wanna try the twitch style MMO and have some proper pvp that i havent had since daoc imo :)

just dont expect anything even remotely close to the pvp DAoC had. and especially not if u were used to 8v8's as darkfall WILL be one hell of a brutal experience.

groups will gank soloers, zergs will steamroll groups and will probably do it out of pure spite because they can loot the corpses after they are done.

you will never ever see "fair play" like we almost had in DAoC where many groups left soloers alone. quite the contrary i think. you will more then likely see groups and zergs out looking specifically for small groups/soloers.

and ofc the whining will be absolutely horrible because ppl didnt have a fucking clue what they got themself into :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
just dont expect anything even remotely close to the pvp DAoC had. and especially not if u were used to 8v8's as darkfall WILL be one hell of a brutal experience.

groups will gank soloers, zergs will steamroll groups and will probably do it out of pure spite because they can loot the corpses after they are done.

you will never ever see "fair play" like we almost had in DAoC where many groups left soloers alone. quite the contrary i think. you will more then likely see groups and zergs out looking specifically for small groups/soloers.

and ofc the whining will be absolutely horrible because ppl didnt have a fucking clue what they got themself into :)

Aye, it's going to be something players who never played games like UO might find offputting.

Then again, the game is not targetted towards the WoW-clone carebear society and those "hardcore" pvpers from DAoC days will find out what hardcore, unrelenting, unforgiving pvp really is if they venture in.

I can just see it now, the "solo" crowd screaming "Don't Add!!!" as someone cuts them to shreds and administers a killing blow :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
<snip>
Check out this guy, i hope this isn't an good representation of the general maturity of those selected through the screening process to beta test Darkfall :)
<snip>

I'll almost wager he's representative.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Well, it's out!

Bit of a rocky launch, but thats not unexpected.

Personally i'll still sit, watch and wait the first month or-so and see how things pan out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom