Darkfall Online

Nive11en

Fledgling Freddie
Well.. it's out. But calling it a "release" would be going too far - you can't buy the game, unless you were one of the few thousand that hammered the site and managed to pre-order.

Official forums have been down, I suppose it's to stop the legions of angry players from voicing their opinion.

AV is doing their best to iron out all the bugs and issues the current players are having - once they do that, they'll probably open the forums and/or more pre-orders. That's my guess at least.

I would call this a limited "first come, first served" pay-to-play beta. :p

I'm pissed with what Aventurine is doing right now.. yet I want to check the game out myself. Might even buy it within a week or two.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
its looking like it might be worth leaving it for a little while to stabilise.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Well.. it's out. But calling it a "release" would be going too far - you can't buy the game, unless you were one of the few thousand that hammered the site
Did that and still didn't manage to get a copy :p

I'm pissed with what Aventurine is doing right now.. yet I want to check the game out myself. Might even buy it within a week or two.
Ditto...

My 2sentences! :ninja:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
It's not good at the moment.

The server was clearly not stress tested sufficiently, it can't handle the number of players, which was in fact a limited number anyway.

The pre-order has left a lot still without access. Some are being charged and don't even have the ability to log-in yet. However, they have granted 3 free days for all subs afaik.

There is a huge sync problem. This was an old beta bug that has returned after the final patch, so hopefully it's not too hard to fix.

There has been the usual beta debacle, many exploits being, well, exploited from day 1 so either the beta testers kept them to themselves to gain an advantage at launch or they reported them and Aventurine did nothing to fix them before launch. Many are talking about a server wipe and it's not an unrealistic possibility.

The REAL problem tho is Aventurine shutting up shop and giving out very limited information on the many issues being experienced by their new customers.

Avoid for a few weeks would be my suggestion, maybe a month and see what it's like when the smoke clears.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I said from the start buying a game from a bunch of part time devs making the game out of their sweaty basement?

comon you knew it was too good to be true.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I said from the start buying a game from a bunch of part time devs making the game out of their sweaty basement?

comon you knew it was too good to be true.

it can still make it. its the only new game out there that has such big pvp possibilities. the potential for great pvp is to big for most of the hardcore pvp'ers to dismiss the game this early.

i mean, its not like they have anywhere else to go.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
it can still make it. its the only new game out there that has such big pvp possibilities. the potential for great pvp is to big for most of the hardcore pvp'ers to dismiss the game this early.

i mean, its not like they have anywhere else to go.

True enough.

For all it's current flaws, the potential is definitly there. Unfortunately the mmo genre is littered with the corpses of games who had potential, but never realised it.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
True enough.

For all it's current flaws, the potential is definitly there. Unfortunately the mmo genre is littered with the corpses of games who had potential, but never realised it.

agree, but those were usually copies of either EQ or WoW. this is actually something rather new. or atleast different.

Aada

Part of the furniture
agree, but those were usually copies of either EQ or WoW. this is actually something rather new. or atleast different.

I wouldn't say it's that...basically it's a UO based game hell they got most of their ideas from that game as players love a skill based system not a level based system.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldn't say it's that...basically it's a UO based game hell they got most of their ideas from that game as players love a skill based system not a level based system.

Wish more people would put it that way and not simply say "it's a sandbox mmo" :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
I have visted multiple forums on this game and all i see is floods and floods of bad game/rip off threads.

I don't usually go on peoples word but i all i think of when i think about this game is Dark and Light.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Is signup open?

The game has been released on a limited subscriber basis, but it's damn difficult to buy it as the account numers are limited at the moment and there is nowhere obvious to find the details to buy and /or download this game...or at least this was the case when i last looked.

However, avoid this one like the plague at the moment, it's had a terrible launch and little has improved since then. Basically it's a pay-to-play early beta, probably should never have been released in this state.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
told ya so.

it will be good in the end no matter how much you dont want it to be. we know you dont like the game. we know you hardly like ANY games. you dont have to remind us of it every 3 days.

Aada

Part of the furniture
it will be good in the end no matter how much you dont want it to be. we know you dont like the game. we know you hardly like ANY games. you dont have to remind us of it every 3 days.

I like lots of games but i fail to see how a game made by a bunch of part time devs can become anything good?

The release if you can call it that shows what state the game is in, how often are patches coming? I bet they aren't daily hotfixes.

You guys are grasping at something that will never become what it should have been - the best pvp mmorpg on the market.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
the game cant be any more entertaining than the darkfall forums are atm. Always cheers me up when I have a look. :lol:

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
so what up, what server have lots of ex daoc people playing? Are servers divided up between north america and europe? Any numbers on current population/server?

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Dont even think most of us can even play yet m8 because of limited spaces so no clue on servers ect :(

Lethul

FH is my second home

He likes em if they are availiable on Xbox360, and he loves them if they are Xbox360 exclusives! :kissit:

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Tasos said:
If you've already purchased the Darkfall client and don't have an active recurring subscription yet, you can get one now. We've opened up the page in the account management under the "Products" tab where 1 month, 3 month (10% discount) and 6 month (15% discount) subscriptions are offered.

Your purchase will be queued and you will be billed when your free play period ends.

The account page is here:

https://www.darkfallonline.com/accounts/f/default.php

Also, we'll offer more client sales starting on Monday 4PM GMT for a limited number of copies and possibly every day next week as we further upgrade server capacity at the end of this week.

Thank you,
The Darkfall Team

kek

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
so what up, what server have lots of ex daoc people playing? Are servers divided up between north america and europe? Any numbers on current population/server?

Only one server at the moment with god knows how many people playing on it. However, that depends on who you trust, fanbios claim the server has 10,000+ active players, naysayes claim closer to 2,000 and realists generally think it's "not enough" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom