Dark Souls!

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Felt somewhat like cheating to me, I've heard you come across him later in the game anyway, let's hope he's in a room larger than a shoebox and doesn't have those damn dogs with him.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Just firebomb the dogs as soon as you enter the fog, the demon himself isnt that hard. And yeah, you get lots of him later :)

There is a couple of bosses that are artificially harder just cos of the small room they're in - like the Firesage is basically the Asylum demon with a Cone attack, if he gets his back against a wall its fking hard to avoid

eksdee

FH is my second home
Yeah I used the ledge to seperate him from the dogs, then I just circle strafed and blocked him and he went down in about 5 combos. Pretty disappointing boss. I actually found the Gargoyles the most stressful boss so far.

After the Capra Demon is the Depths the next logical step? I have a +5 Halberd now but need a Green Titanite Chunk to turn it Divine before I tackle the Catacombs.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah pretty much, you get blighttown to look forward too :D

eksdee

FH is my second home
Just had my first try on the Gaping Dragon. Seemed pretty okay, got him to 60% on the first try but I need to work out his tells a bit more. Enjoying this game too much, I'm actually tempted to get a PS3 to play through Demon's Souls after I'm done with Dark Souls now..

eksdee

FH is my second home
Holy shit 25k souls for the Gaping Dragon?! Beast! Took him down on the second try, really easy boss once you know his abilities.

I also got a sick axe by chopping off his tail. :)

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
What class would you guys recommend for a first run through?

eksdee

FH is my second home
Arguably the ranged classes have any easier time of it. This is my first time playing (didn't play Demon's Souls) and I chose a Bandit then remade as a Warrior. Found it fine playing melee, the only reason I remade is because I made some stupid mistakes (killed some important NPCs just because I could :p).

I'd say go with Warrior for the most balanced and accessible experience. You can use anything as long as you train for it - i.e switch to magic later on by putting stat points in Intelligence or Faith and getting the right gear for it. Warrior just has good Strength and Dexterity early on to make use of what is available item-wise.

Just my two cents though, I know relatively little about the game.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Hah I'm doing Blight town now, and I'm sick to death of the flys already! :p

@Garaen - I'd suggest making a Pyromancer as a starting choice. Aside from getting decent magic they can also competently wield weapons and shields. Another bonus is they start at SL1 so you can spec him a bit more freely than the other classes, who all start with a pre-defined high stat.

@eksdee - I'm constantly badgering my lass about getting a ps3, hopefully she'll get the hint and get me one for Christmas ;) I genuinely haven't enjoyed a game this much in a long time, so I'm definitely wanting to try Demon's Souls out after.

eksdee

FH is my second home
In Blight Town also. Got to the first bonfire then died like 5 times trying to progress downstairs due to getting increasingly sloppy. Decided to stop for the night. :p

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
You're at the bonfire in the tunnel down from the chest with the Dragon Scale in eksdee? Same place! I also gave up for the night, mainly cause I'm up for work in 6 hours though :p

eksdee

FH is my second home
Nah the one further up, just before the bridge with the two dogs.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Haven't found that one yet, take it you entered through the Sewers entrance and not the Valley of Drakes one?

eksdee

FH is my second home
Yeah, went straight through after the Gaping Dragon. Apparently the next boss is easy as well according to a buddy. Was expecting something horrendous considering how the rest of Blight Town is. :D

Aada

Part of the furniture
Well after nearly 2 weeks of hunting I finally managed to get my hands on the Collectors Edition Strategy Guide, lovely hard back guide with everything you need to know.

eksdee

FH is my second home
How far on are you now Aada? I'm determined to make my way out of Blight Town after the football today.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I actually started fresh a couple of days ago as on my first play i didn't know what anything did now i have more of a clue i started again just done gaping dragon its amazing how much easier the bosses are once you have done them once already.

I'm not looking forward to Blighttown that place gives me the chills.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Just got invaded for the first time after reaching the swamp bonfire in Blight Town. Bitch got OWNED :D. Managed to get two big hits in then parry him and rape him with the riposte. Very satisfying, I got 10k (ish) souls and 3 Humanity. Cool!

Edit: Yeah, I restarted also when I got to Twin Gargoyles and realised I'd messed up so much stuff (killed the merchant, attacked Solaire of Astoria). This play through has been a lot more enjoyable.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Killed the Red Drake on the bridge today :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
It was probably the NPC Mildred the Maneater or something, Rulke pointed out to me it is an NPC spoiled the feeling I killed a player lol.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Could well have been, I didn't check the name in my panic tbfh. :D

What level where you when you killed the Red Drake? Any good loot etc?

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
You'll spot a real player invading you straight away when they lag backstab you, if you can even see them that is! Good ol' fog ring

eksdee

FH is my second home
Ha. Ok!

Just downed the Kellogs Spider on the first try. Booyah!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Could well have been, I didn't check the name in my panic tbfh. :D

What level where you when you killed the Red Drake? Any good loot etc?

lvl 20 look for a guide its pretty easy its a glitch I think.

eksdee

FH is my second home
The one on the bridge that you have to sprint past. Just saw a video of someone doing it, not going to bother for the sake of 10k souls. Would rather fight it the proper way. :)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Oh that one, don't you have to get the sweat spell to decrease fire damage or something?

eksdee

FH is my second home
Tonked the Iron Golem on the second try, another easy boss. I now have the Soul of the Moonlight Butterfly, Soul of Quelaag and the Core of an Iron Golem. Do any of these make anything worthwhile or should I just use them for their souls to level up/reinforce my gear?

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Tonked the Iron Golem on the second try, another easy boss. I now have the Soul of the Moonlight Butterfly, Soul of Quelaag and the Core of an Iron Golem. Do any of these make anything worthwhile or should I just use them for their souls to level up/reinforce my gear?

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Upgrades#Boss Souls: Upgrade Usage

Links to the japanese wiki for most of them but you get the idea. Moonlight butterfly soul makes a shield with 90% magic block I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom