Dark Souls!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Day one buy, anyone else up for nights of fraustration? Demon Souls is one of my favourite games ever and Dark Souls looks like how a sequel should be better in every way possible.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
getting it but dunno when i'll play it. still playing deus ex hr, still got to play gow3 and rage is coming next week. wished theyd have relleased dark souls in the summer fuck knows why they held it back till now

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
gears 3 doesn't take long to complete yaka, and far to easy on the hardcore difficulty (insane is locked first play)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I don't want to turn the thread into a Gears topic, but I really don't like how your AI team can revive you in campaign now. The fact they couldn't in the previous games on harder difficultys made it much more challenging, although there are some enemies that have super cheap kills in Gears 3.

On topic anyway, I want this game since I don't have a PS3 to play Demon's Souls on.

eksdee

FH is my second home
My girlfriend is bugging me to get this for us to play together. We didn't play Demon Souls as, like Billargh, we have a 360. Will it makes cry rivers of blood in frustration?

Aada

Part of the furniture
My girlfriend is bugging me to get this for us to play together. We didn't play Demon Souls as, like Billargh, we have a 360. Will it makes cry rivers of blood in frustration?

Oceans of blood!

However the feeling of finishing a level and killing a boss is something I've never felt with a game like Demon Souls, I still remember the first time someone invaded my game now that was scary why?

Because you could loose everything.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

It's the most frustrating, yet rewarding game ever.

I've hardly played much Demon Souls due to time constraints, but I pick it up whenever I can.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Never managed to get DS, but can you get ...err..DS without playing DS? Or is there a huge plot-ical difference?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Coolsticks. Have to put this on my shopping list as it's claimed to give a challenge, which modern games lack like paris hiltons undies.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Coolsticks. Have to put this on my shopping list as it's claimed to give a challenge, which modern games lack like paris hiltons undies.

Make sure you have the TIME to sit down for a session as you can't pause and no resting area's due to repsawns at the resting area's :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
Got my CE today and for £35 it aint half bad.

Anyway the game is as brutal as ever i died around 5 times in the tutorial level haha, can't wait to get stuck into it over the weekend :)

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Platinum'd the original. Gonna get stuck into this eventually.

Aada

Part of the furniture
unlike demon souls dont think its proper limited:/

Its a day one limited edition once its gone its gone, so yes its limited and tbh its not a bad limited edition for the price.

Anyway the game is as brutal as ever fucking lost my souls a couple of times last night made me rage.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Doesn't seem as social as DeS was, I've never been summoned so far, there's waaaaay more troll messages than helpful ones and I've yet to have any of my messages rated.

I think the summoning thing is cos everyone is hollowed most of the time, like I am :(

Anyway, just did the Chapra demon, took me 3 tries what with the tiny room and 2 dog adds. Was struggling a bit with my regular broadsword and didn't want to invest in upgrading a weapon so early on - Drake sword has sorted me out, though it maybe makes things to easy. Hell, i'll take any advantage I can get and I don't think it will scale as I level so I'll have to replace it soon anyway.

Not really hit any walls yet, did the area around the burg campfire a few times til I invested in some arrows and 12 dex for a shortbow, so much easier if you can pull single mobs and pick off archers and fire bomb throwers.

If you want the drake sword (high base damage, no stat scaling 1H sword):

Under the wyverns bridge after the Taurus demon, shoot its tail for a couple hundred damage and you get the sword. I don't think you can keep shooting and kill the wyvern, correct me if I'm wrong

Aada

Part of the furniture
I've been summoned around 5 times now and summoned 3 people so far.

Not really seen any troll messages myself on the 360 just the usual 'praise the sun' which is a bit of a running joke between players anyway.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
The majority of the messages I've encountered so far have been either "jump off cliff" or "Good luck". Hardly the most helpful ones around :p

The LE I got though seems alright, I got an art book, soundtrack, digital guide, that kind of stuff. I only got it cause they didn't stock the standard edition :p

One thing I don't understand about the game yet is the humanity? So far there doesn't seem to be any benefit to being human compared to undead, or am I missing something completely here?

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Humanity has a couple uses. You can only kindle a bonfire when you're human, this gives you 10 Estus flasks instead of 5 when you rest plus you can only summon when human. Your humanity level itself affects your curse resistance and drop chance.

I'm gonna treat it a bit like world tendencies in DeS and not pay much attention to it on my first play through, I'll try and keep a higher level next time when I know what I'm doing and not dying all the time

Dunno if I've just been unlucky but apart from the usual 'jump' messages I've seen lots of 'here' under falling/rolling traps and if one says 'ambush left' then the mobs usually to the right. Has anyone had a message rated yet, do you still get notified and get a health boost?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Not had one rated yet but have seen others rated. What's the bug silver circle with a number on next to health bar?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Blight town is an absolute twat.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Doesnt help that the frame rates pretty shit at places

Aada

Part of the furniture
Got invaded about 5mins ago god damn my heart was beating like mad when I saw him running towards me I had about 5 seconds to think what to do I turned around and ran into this room with like a circle cut into the ground.

I hid behind the door way and got 2 shots off on him he hit me for some serious damage so I rolled backwards into the circle pit, he jumped in and got 2 shots on me I managed a hit on him.

By this time I was on around 5% hp I was rolling round like a mad man I managed to drink a health pot and climb the ladder out of the pit he tried to follow and I did a plunging attack into his head and killed him.

Took his sword that he was using and got some humanity never since Demon Souls have I experienced such terror and excitement in a game.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Anyone got a recommendation for the cheapest place to pick a copy up? I get paid on Friday so I think I'll take a punt on this as it looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom