Dark Souls!

Everz

FH is my second home
I see.. welp. give me 3 weeks when I get the 360 backup and working and I'll grab this and Fifa12.

Xbox Live still pay to use?

eksdee

FH is my second home
@Billargh: D'oh. I looked up the bonfire online because I was low on Estus and scared :D. Have to agree on the Iron Golem, the fact he's so slow is one thing but he A) doesn't use his grab between the legs move anywhere near enough and B) gets stunned waaaay too easily. I think I took around 30% of his HP in one stun, if not more. From what I understand the Anor Londo boss(es) more than make up for Iron Golem though. I imagine that will be a long evening's work. :p

@Everz: It is indeed. Biggest drawback of the 360 imo. £5/month or £40/year.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Get the PS3 version IMO. It suits the pad better and you don't have to pay to play online

Everz

FH is my second home
Well thats nothing considering I'd have to buy the ps3 and haven't touch a sony pad since well.. since the original playstation hah.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Been following this game with walkthroughs on youtube, cant wait to play this game.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
@Billargh: D'oh. I looked up the bonfire online because I was low on Estus and scared :D. Have to agree on the Iron Golem, the fact he's so slow is one thing but he A) doesn't use his grab between the legs move anywhere near enough and B) gets stunned waaaay too easily. I think I took around 30% of his HP in one stun, if not more. From what I understand the Anor Londo boss(es) more than make up for Iron Golem though. I imagine that will be a long evening's work. :p

@Everz: It is indeed. Biggest drawback of the 360 imo. £5/month or £40/year.
Haha I was terrified, was hanging around the door with the white mist for ages considering looking it up online, before thinking 'sod it, this games meant to be hard, 3 Estus flasks? Let's go!'. Bad move indeed :p Also did you go past the big black knight before the boss, kill Prince Ricard and get the treasure up his tower?

What level are you for Anor Londo anyway, eksdee?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
FUCK Anor Lando, not one point in the game has been as infuriating as this shit. Trying to get up a narrow ledge with two cunts shooting unblockable giant harpoons at you. If they don't knock you off they fucking chain stun you. Fuck this game :eek:

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
heh, sprint up to them and get them to draw their swords. Back up a bit and they'll fall off the edge. There's a bonfire just after

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Go towards one though and the other fucker gets you in the back :p

Also just upgraded my Crystal Halberd to +2 before realising you can't even repair them, fuuuuuck :<

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
If you get to the one on the right, the other can't hit you

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Aye managed it, I made the mistake of going left first, so when I died I had to keep going back left to reclaim my souls :p

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm absolutely loving this game - so much better than Demon Souls imo. The locations of the bonfires are perfectly placed - not to far about to be brutal, but not too close to make it a walk in the park.

Was invaded last night for the first, epic fight in the sewers playing cat and mouse. I killed the guy with 5% hp left - was absolutely buzzing.

Can anyone explain the parrying mechanism? I'm a level 20ish pyro and not sure how it works.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
You need to time it pretty much perfectly so your when you swing your shield, it will hit the enemies weapon as it's coming toward you, pushing it away. Then, as I'm sure you know, press RB or whatever the PS3 equivalent is.

I'm with you though, nearly 40 hours in and I still think this is the most fun game I've played in a long, long time. I'm seriously considering picking up a PS3 after Christmas just so I can play through Demon's Souls.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
3 Hours, Cursed in the Great Hollow and having to fight your way out through Blight Town to get out.... I hate Blight Town!

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
You don't have to leave through Blighttown to get yourself de-cursed? :p

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Just got through Blighttown - i'm safely at the bonfire before the boss. Not as bad as everyone made out because i literally crawled through the place inch by inch (only died a few times at the start to those big guys, but once you figure out their move it's easy to get around for a backstab).

A good tip is to carry a bow and "pull" the mobs in your vision - works especially well there as you avoid situations where you can get 4+ on you.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Iron Knight toasted first time... i've never one shotted a boss before /flex

Ixnay

Can't get enough of FH
Everz, hit me up on the Xbox man ( Stevo174 ) when you get up and running, I want xbox fwends!

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
So I'm still not finished this yet, I'm well over the 50 hours mark and up to SL75 ish. Only have the area after the Lordvessel left to do, but I'm considering doing Ash Lake etc first since I haven't been there yet.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Upcoming patch looking pretty good: http://pastebin.com/HxMjdaBx

Lots of nerfs to cheese weapons and spells, buffs to stat scaling weapons and more rewards for being human. Oh, but nerfing medium shields :(

cog

Can't get enough of FH
Im about 25 hours in, just killed Quelaag and found Ceaseless Discharge, considering whether to go to the Catacombs or Fortress next instead though! Loving the game, edges out Demon's Souls for me. My gold sub ran out after the first day though so no invasions for me haha (although im never human anyway because im such a baddy).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom