Dark Souls!

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Getting off a perfect parry + insta kill is so satisfying! I'm enjoying this game almost too much. Just got an awesome looking helm from the armoured boar after the dragon - Fang Boar Helm, it looks like you'd expect. :p
Did you kill the dragon?
You can kill it using about 20 arrows from under the bridge and it drops an amazing 1h sword :D

Also, did you kill the boar by using the drop down attacks by any chance? :p

eksdee

FH is my second home

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
There's an easy way to kill the boar, I discovered it by accident ;)
Get it to charge through the fire

Just spent ages trying Four kings at the bottom of New Londro ruins, horrible fight at first, seemed to be so many random elements. Trying different tactics, refining my technique and finally did it near flawlessly - soooooo satisfying :D

Left a note with a big hint at the entrance :p

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Hah that's how I ended up killing the boar, was completely by accident as well.
Was retreating away from it, not looking where I was going, it came charging in and knocked me over but stopped in the fire, was great watching it slowly sizzle away :D

Finally done the Undead Burg anyway, Gargoyles were pretty frustrating but that's only because of the walk I had to do each time to get to them. I didn't notice the campfire in the building to the right :(

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Get uncursed :D

Btw, turns out you can summon friends into your game fairly easily. Apparently each time you drop your white soapstone sign it does it on a different server. So agree where to meet, drop your sign and wait 20-30 seconds, if they dont see it just drop it again. Seen folk saying this works within 5 mins usually

Btw as far as game progression goes, I recommend doing Sens fortress and Anor Londro as soon as you feel up to it (SL 30 ish I guess), you get the ability to warp between key bonfires and it makes life so much easier

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Miles away man, cba with the whole sewer again :p Got him down anyway on like my fourth attempt, probably the quickest I've done a boss so far.

I haven't even heard of those places yet, did you do those before say, New Londo Ruins etc? The ghosts there are such a bloody pain.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Upper new londo ruins isn't too hard, you need to be cursed or have a cursed weapon to hit the ghosts. You can get temporary curses and a cursed dagger from the ghosts themselves though. You don't get much out of it though, the lower ruins is where the good stuff is but that is quite hard.

Sens fortress opens after you ring the second bell, its pretty nasty til you get to know the place but I really like it (anor londo after it is epic too). Near the start of sens is the lightning spear which is awesome and you can easily farm large titanite chunks near the top for upgrading weapons to +10. I highly recommend upgrading a shield and bow if you can!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Where is the lightning spear? Can't find it in this damn Fortress.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Ah I thought the New Londo Ruins could've been where the second bell is, I guess not. Kinda handy how I'm still cursed like, might just keep it and get that place out the way with :D

So far anyway I have no idea what so ever where the second bell could be, hah. (If you must post where, please spoiler it!)

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
The boulders path before you divert it should lead down some stairs, at the bottom just before the pit the boulders fall into is a small room on the left. There's a chest in there that's a mimic and will eat you if you try and open it, just attack it and kill it and I think the spears a 100% drop

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Well, just finished it :D

Bout 50 hours played I think (i'm off work this week :p) and SL 72

Epic from start to finish, the only question is how long do I leave it before New Game+

Sod it, why not straight away!

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Hah well done man, I'm only 15 hours in, just done the Darkroot Forest and Basin. Silly Butterfly boss was a piece of piss :p

I has a queery though, I gave an eternal ember to the smith under the church, can I make more than one divine weapon with this or are the uses limited?

eksdee

FH is my second home
Blimey Rulke. Nice one.

I'm probably at the same bit as you Billargh. Just killed the Hydra boss and handed my ember to the smith. No idea how to use it, hope I didn't fuck up. Eek.

Oh and I thought I'd check as I was intrigued: 7 hours played, SL25.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
There's 4 blacksmiths throughout the game, they will accept different embers to allow them to 'ascend' weapons with different upgrades, ie fire, lightning, divine etc. Once you give them an ember you can upgrade as many weapons as you want, assuming you have the right titanite type/amount

Btw if you are using a non-stat scaling weapon like Drake sword, or one infused with lightning etc then you don't need more than the basic stats to hold the weapon - it won't affect damage. I had the Dragonslayer+5 spear and about 27 str/dex at the end but it never beat my Lightning+5 spear for damage. Maybe another playthrough on ng+ will let me get my stats high enough for it to be better

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
cLr7d.jpg

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Hah I forgot about the Hydra, haven't downed him yet. All the brutal water bombs he throws at you on the hill put me off :p I ended up killing the black knight in the tower instead.

And cheers Rulke, thought that was the case but had to be sure :) handy picture as well, crafting makes a fair bit more sense now.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Cheers Rulke.

Yeah I got the Knight too. With the Hydra just run side to side until you get to the water, you will avoid all the water bombs easily. Once there the fight is really easy to be honest. Just one tip, keep an eye on how far into the water you go or you'll die. ;)

eksdee

FH is my second home
Oh, also, where can I use or what can I use these other Titanite items I have? Twinkling, Demonic, and another I forget the name of...? :p

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Hah cheers, I'll have a pop at him once I've finished breakfast :D

The other Titanites are used when modifying weapons to have a unique status, Fire/Magic/Divine etc. Each different one requires a different kind of Titanite and so many souls to upgrade.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Okay so right now I have a Large Titanite Shard, 2 Titanite Chunks, 1 Blue Titanite Chunk and 2 Twinkling Titanite. The best weapons I have are the Gargoyle Axe (which I don't have the int to use :F) from the Twin Gargoyles, the Drake Sword and the Demon's Greataxe from the Taurus Demon. Any recommendations on how to use all that stuff? I need to make a Divine weapon for the Catacombs bit right?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
No idea what's best to use them on yet, I've been too scared to use them yet! :D But from what I've read yeah, you need a Divine weapons in the Catacombs to stop the skeletons coming back to life/being resurrected by a necromancer.

Also screw this game for not giving me any kind of decent Dagger drop yet, it's all bad ass looking 2H shit that requires 50str, I'm a Thief fgs!

eksdee

FH is my second home
I just got a dagger drop from the mobs before the Capra Demon. Thief's Dagger and a stiletto type weapon called Mail Breaker. You headed down there yet? (It's through the door before the wyvern on the bridge.)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I haven't come across the Thief's Dagger yet like, and I've cleared out that entire area, guess it didn't drop for me. Got the Mail Breaker like, my starting Bandit's Knife is better though, even more so now I've upgraded it to +5 :p Thinking of upgrading it to Divine just so I can have a play about in the Catacombs.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Oh, also, where can I use or what can I use these other Titanite items I have? Twinkling, Demonic, and another I forget the name of...? :p

Theyre all used for different kinds of upgrades, you can just about make it out in the bottom right of the pic I posted above

eksdee

FH is my second home
Herp derp. Indeed. Thanks, I missed that bit. Too distracted by the colourful boxes. :p

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I cheated with the Capra Demon a bit, was getting pissed off with the cheap tactics of getting lunged at before you know what the fucks going on. Just climbed the top of the stairs and stood in the right corner up top, when he attacks you just block, he'll fall, proceed with a drop down attack. Rinse, repeat. Fuck you, Capra Demon.

Aada

Part of the furniture
That is the general tactic when dealing with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom