• tried wow, and came back to daoc.

Votes: 308 55.3%
  • split my time between both.

Votes: 27 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Played Beta of wow when it came out for 1st few days , was fun while i played , bought a full WoW acc and never activated it , it can never offer the same atmosphere of daoc imo.

1 thing i liked tho was the way u didnt need your own cc and could buy subs time through buying a token etc in a game shop , cant understand why goa cant have a similar method tbh , over next week or so will be applying to my bank for a cc i dont really need/want to keep playing daoc ... stupid tbh , might not bother ... wake up goa tbh , ure main agegroup that plays mmorpgs are not of the age likely to own/have a cc and not everyones mumsy/dadsy has one ... :(

Kanim

Banned
tried wow some, it just doesn't have the same feel to the game that daoc has.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Played Beta, got game and got L17. Started on another server, got 15. Started on another server, got 14 and now it's uninstalled. The game is so shit just doing the same quest's over and over again. They also took the fun out of just doing pure PvE which sucks. The RvR system sucks, always get ganked by higher levels than you even when you are XP'in.

Only thing I liked about the game was the fact that my mates played it and proberly the detail which they put into the game mechanics.

Missed DAoC so much when I played WoW, now i'm back and happy :)

Triton

Fledgling Freddie
Tried beta for a few weeks , simply wasn´t my type of game.
Went back to Daoc and will problably stay there untill GoA pulls the plug

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
This poll will be accurate ! Considering the ppl that left daoc without looking back prolly spend lots time on these forums.

Azurat

Fledgling Freddie
Well i very much doubt this poll is anywhere near accurate, considering if you went wow and stayed there you would have no reason to read the forums execpt for nostalgic reason. Or if you do like me play both games.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
best thing I ever did was moving to WoW ... NF ruined the last bit of "fun" I had in DAoC and demoted my beloved cleric to a FoP & spreadheal bot in the "oh soooo cool tower sieges" ... in WoW I can hunt solo with my Priest if I want to and get groups anytime I want to do raids into instances ... patches are only 24 hours behind USA (and not months and even more months) ... and I can't wait to go home tonight and check out the new patch and new quests & dungeon :clap:

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
You're asking this pole on a forum dominated by daoc players?

I don't play wow anymore, but I wouldn't go based on this poll as to which most people think the better game is.

Individual opinions and reasons are fair enough, but the poll doesn't hold any significance when you aren't asking this of people on wow dominated forums aswell.

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
The pvp sucks, 40 ppl raids suck. I still have my account so I'll try the pvp again in 12-18 months or so ;o

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:
best thing I ever did was moving to WoW ... NF ruined the last bit of "fun" I had in DAoC and demoted my beloved cleric to a FoP & spreadheal bot in the "oh soooo cool tower sieges" ... in WoW I can hunt solo with my Priest if I want to and get groups anytime I want to do raids into instances ... patches are only 24 hours behind USA (and not months and even more months) ... and I can't wait to go home tonight and check out the new patch and new quests & dungeon :clap:
What tower sieges? Last time anyone tried to take a tower back from the hibs and mids they got flamed for ruining iRvR. :p

Also, I think the main reason the DAoC community seems more mature is because it is. DAoC is much, much older than WoW. WoW is still filled with kids that run to the newest games. I'm sure that with time the WoW community will become as mature as the DAoC one. Just as how I'm pretty sure the early days of DAoC were similar to WoWs current.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
katt! said:
The pvp sucks, 40 ppl raids suck. I still have my account so I'll try the pvp again in 12-18 months or so ;o
no you won't (at least not with your current char) ... characters are only kept for 6 months after an account is closed ...

Raewyn

Fledgling Freddie
Played both the WoW US & EU Beta's and EU retail.

WoW was totally great untill you got to the endgame at lvl 60, which unfortunately for WoW and fortunately for DAoC is nothing compared to the endgame you get in DAoC.

That's why roughly a month after I had got myself a lvl 60 Priest and the PvP reward patch had come I decided to return to DAoC.

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
Tried WoW, came back to DAoC... (and now trying Eve Online ;) )

I played WoW for about 4/5 months, got a level 60 Druid and a few alts. I think the trip to 50/60 is much more fun in WoW, but at 50/60 DAoC takes the prize, and in the end that's what really counts.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:
no you won't (at least not with your current char) ... characters are only kept for 6 months after an account is closed ...

Strange, a while ago (months) i heard a GM saying they dont 'decay' when the account is inactive ;o

Tsukiko

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
Strange, a while ago (months) i heard a GM saying they dont 'decay' when the account is inactive ;o

They dont decay, its even stated on their website somewhere in the support section. I followed the link a few weeks ago that a GM linked when someone asked about it on their forums.

I still play wow, I did make a short return to daoc to try catacombs, and eventho its a good pve expansion wif some nifty things, I didnt like daoc anymore, played it for years, NF sucks, toa sucks, and even if they released classic servers in europe its too little, too late.
It just seems like a final resort to cash in on the growing mmorpg market. :)

I do however still read the forums, because I got some friends here, and I love the goa drama and entertainment these forums provide me. :p

(That being said, a word of praise to Flimgoblin for modding these forums, he's really the guiding light in this place. :worthy: )

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Morchaoron said:
what was the reason again goa removed their 'official' boards? :rolleyes:

And that's relevant how to my post?

GoA removed the boards because of the immaturity of a few individuals who felt it was acceptable to repeatedly spam rude and offensive comments which bore no relevance to the game.

The WoW community is younger, not only in age but in the game's lifespan.
They talk about being only 12, 13, 14, 15 etc and some even younger.
Their comments tend to reflect the things the average 14 year old finds interesting. A lot of them are just hitting puberty and think a naked Night Elf female dancing in Stormwind is amusing etc.

There are assholes playing every game, it wasn't them I was talking about however.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Split time between both for me.

Played WoW from day one of live, got to 60 amongst the first wave on my server. Did some instances but enjoyed the pvp more - this was before battlegrounds when there was still lots of people looking for pvp in the overland world. Tried some DAoC Cata while also playing WoW, but didnt have time to play both. Liked battlegrounds initially when they were introduced but quickly got bored of waiting in queues to get to pvp (as good pvp died in the noninstanced world). Got to rank 10, realized i would have to keep playing this one toon hardcore (hardcore queueing) if i wanted to keep or raise my rank. Quit WoW and started with Guildwars for alil, was fun for a while but inactive guild during summer made me reactivate daoc again. Got a Vamp to 50 on pryd and had fun with a new guild there - then the pryd downtime made me reactivate WoW again. Atm im having fun in WoW again, and the new battleground Arathi Basin that was added yesterday is a blast, with fast queues since everyone is playing it. Will see if it lasts. Guess ill keep going between different games, as i seem to get bored quicker these days.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Tried WoW for a month.

played RP servers because of a higher maturity and was a great experience rather than the normal servers with wankers ;)

Got bored because I hate soloing in pve all the time. Its fun at times but when I grped up I always got a big loose in xp.

soloing and farming quests was the easiest way to do it and it was just sheit.

and yeah spamming eviscerate etc was lame ;)

got lvl 24 gnome warlock 29 tauren shaman and a 36 human rogue

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:

Complete bullshit

I've had friends come back to the game 18 months after their account closed with all chars on it fine and dandy

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i split my time between both. if i want good pve i play WoW, if i want good pvp i play DAoC.

/edit: reasons why WoW have better pve then DAoC? because the rewards u get in WoW when u level up is acually usable. simple as that.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Chrystina said:

yes he will. because they havent deleted one single avatar (that didnt deserve it) yet.

Tsukiko

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
Complete bullshit

I've had friends come back to the game 18 months after their account closed with all chars on it fine and dandy

hun, the US started early november 2004, and the EU in feb. 2005(?)...18 months huh? :p

But regardless, they dont delete characters :)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Tsukiko said:
hun, the US started early november 2004, and the EU in feb. 2005(?)...18 months huh? :p

But regardless, they dont delete characters :)
he's talking about daoc not wow....

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Tried WOW but let the subs run out,gorgeous game, far superior NPC interaction.
When I come back to DAOC it all feels so much more 'real', a more sedate pace, it's like coming home to the Shire, familiar places, the world feels more 'there', WOW always felt like graphics scrolling past.
I just never felt part of the action, its too big, too much going on, I dont to log on tto be reminded how insignificant I am.

Tsukiko

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
he's talking about daoc not wow....

offtopic anyways, and the point is, they dont delete chars on inactive accounts.. lets leave it at that :)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Tsukiko said:
offtopic anyways, and the point is, they dont delete chars on inactive accounts.. lets leave it at that :)

who is 'they'? because i know a mmorpg where they did..... ;p

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i beleive the general rule is they will delete chars if say they ran out of hdd space.

however they probbly wont as its bad for business,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom