DAoC US?

S

Shike

My patience has kinda reached its end, I havent been able to play for 13 days, the updates on the newsfront have been horrible and the general service GoA provides is not what I expect from a serious gaming company running the 3rd largest MMORPG in the world. They promised us an update on the situation in the beginning of the week, that was 5 days ago and no update, they raised the monthly fee and I expected an improvement regarding the support but I was wrong, this is the second time I am suffering from the handeling of the subpages, last time I couldnt play for a couple of days either. One could think that GoA might be so clever at least that they would open up the accounts that actually exist so their players can play at least but no, late patches, they are on 1.65 under testing in US currently, we are still on 1.62 and next will be 1.63, I dont even dare to think of how long the very badly needed updates on resists, RvRexpansion, RAreview, Trials of Atlantis etc will take to reach EU, errors in the patches that takes ages for them to sort, no ingamesupport, a poorly working herald that has been down for a very long time, poor customersupport on Rightnow, its slow on occasion and sometimes one wonder what the heck they are doing over there at that section. In short terms, I am not happy about this at all.

I have tried to keep the mood up and be patient for a very long time now, I've been around since beta and played alot and really like the community around Prydwen, but now, If I just step back and actually take a good look at GOA, I cant do else but to shake my head in dissapointment, I accepted poorly handeled issues earlier on because I thought; The game is young, GoA havent been doing this for a very long time and it should improve over time... its a farse now, nothing else. Barrysworld have been filled with complaints lately, rightnow is down, we get no news, for all I know, I might not be able to play for another week or two. I give it the week out, if I aint online by then I quit. Plain and simple. The only thing keeping me from not quitting now asap is my guild and my friends in it.

Spare me the flames and bullshit and replies like QQ, get a life etc. It doesnt bite on me anyway. This is just how I as a customer feel now, nothing more, nothing less. Flaming wont change that a bit. I really really regret I didnt move earlier on.

What I really wonder about incase I quit is, where on earth can I buy DAoC+SI (the USversion)?

I saw on Mythics site that they sell a version of DAoC called: DAoC - Gold Edition and tbh, it had a very nice price on it. Amazon US has it but they dont ship it to Sweden (I have mailed and asked why). Amazon UK dont have it in stock and they dont even have the original DAoC or the bundle for US anymore. Play.com dont have it available either.

H

heilel

Originally posted by Shike

What I really wonder about incase I quit is, where on earth can I buy DAoC+SI (the USversion)?

Here in Denmark, you can buy the US version just as easily as the Euro version in the shops, and since you're from Sweden, I'm surprised you can't get it just as easily.

H

Hargh

Get an english mate to buy it for you from Amazon US.

I applaud your move young man and good luck with it. I hope performance is good and all that - I guess you will ahve to concern yourself with time zones too - but I agree completely about wanting to have all the bells and whistles as soon as they come out over there!

S

Shike

Re: Re: DAoC US?

Originally posted by heilel
Here in Denmark, you can buy the US version just as easily as the Euro version in the shops, and since you're from Sweden, I'm surprised you can't get it just as easily.

could you perhaps direct me to some Danish websites that I can check out? I have checked alot of swedish ones and even Tradition cant sort it out it seems.

W

wulpse_havik

only thing u need to do is patch a eu version (clean install)
with 4 or 5 files and buy some crazy cheap account on ebay
thats how i did it :D

if u need the files or a cheap us account pm me

N

-Nxs-

I really do empathise with what your going through, im sure if GOA just provided an update on the site with what is going on and when they expect people to be able to play again then people would be much happier.

It would take 5 minutes of someones time to update the news page each day anyone who works within IT knows the biggest complaint during downtime is the lack of information.

If you knew that subs pages would be back up monday next week and passwords would be posted out Tuesday onwards, even though thats nearly a week away at least you know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

As for now, everyone is being kept in the dark, Its no wonder so many are thinking of moving to the US / quitting.

O

old.Hendrick

http://www.dvdboxoffice.com is generally a good place to import stuff from. Especially since they charge no shipping cost. Not sure if the DAoC they are selling might be a specific canadian version though.

T

The Kingpin

I have a empty US account if ye wish to swap yarr!!

It be having SI enabled to yarr...

G

Giljotine

I heard you can have trubble paying for the US subs with a normal VISA is that true or is it just a tale from the crypt? =P

If not i will order 2 US DAoC and get the hell out of GOA

S

Shike

Originally posted by Giljotine
I heard you can have trubble paying for the US subs with a normal VISA is that true or is it just a tale from the crypt? =P

If not i will order 2 US DAoC and get the hell out of GOA

hum hum, can anyone confirm or deny this? Sounds a bit.. odd if they dont accept Visa. :eek7:

G

Giljotine

ja vi vill veta nuuuu
ehem swedish lol
yes we wanna know nooooow i mean

S

Scunner

My patience has kinda reached its end, I havent been able to play for 13 days, the updates on the newsfront have been horrible and the general service GoA provides is not what I expect from a serious gaming company running the 3rd largest MMORPG in the world. They promised us an update on the situation in the beginning of the week, that was 5 days ago and no update, they raised the monthly fee and I expected an improvement regarding the support but I was wrong, this is the second time I am suffering from the handeling of the subpages, last time I couldnt play for a couple of days either. One could think that GoA might be so clever at least that they would open up the accounts that actually exist so their players can play at least but no, late patches, they are on 1.65 under testing in US currently, we are still on 1.62 and next will be 1.63, I dont even dare to think of how long the very badly needed updates on resists, RvRexpansion, RAreview, Trials of Atlantis etc will take to reach EU, errors in the patches that takes ages for them to sort, no ingamesupport, a poorly working herald that has been down for a very long time, poor customersupport on Rightnow, its slow on occasion and sometimes one wonder what the heck they are doing over there at that section. In short terms, I am not happy about this at all.

I have tried to keep the mood up and be patient for a very long time now, I've been around since beta and played alot and really like the community around Prydwen, but now, If I just step back and actually take a good look at GOA, I cant do else but to shake my head in dissapointment, I accepted poorly handeled issues earlier on because I thought; The game is young, GoA havent been doing this for a very long time and it should improve over time... its a farse now, nothing else. Barrysworld have been filled with complaints lately, rightnow is down, we get no news, for all I know, I might not be able to play for another week or two. I give it the week out, if I aint online by then I quit. Plain and simple. The only thing keeping me from not quitting now asap is my guild and my friends in it.

Spare me the flames and bullshit and replies like QQ, get a life etc. It doesnt bite on me anyway. This is just how I as a customer feel now, nothing more, nothing less. Flaming wont change that a bit. I really really regret I didnt move earlier on.

I saw on Mythics site that they sell a version of DAoC called: DAoC - Gold Edition and tbh, it had a very nice price on it. Amazon US has it but they dont ship it to Sweden (I have mailed and asked why). Amazon UK dont have it in stock and they dont even have the original DAoC or the bundle for US anymore. Play.com dont have it available either.

A few in my guild are in exactly the same situation some of them have been around as long as you and they have decided enough is enough. They no longer wish to be paying customers of a company that appears not to value its customers. Rather sad day that it has come to this, no Excuses GOA have been extremely poor!.

E

Elcyion

From Mythic Support

Question
<->What forms of payment does Mythic Entertainment accept to be able to play Dark Age of Camelot?<->

Answer

We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards. If a credit card is not available to you, an ulterior method would be to use PAY BY CASH.

O

old.job

I have no problems myself, but the hassle you speak of is unacceptable, regardless of the recent hack.
The problem is understaffing, which is wholly unneccessary for a company with profits like GOA.
They are simply relying on low numbers of account errors, so as not to piss everyone off, considering the number of people playing without problems, the people who do should be dealt with very quickly.

G

Gewny

hmm not that I am thinking of changing atm, (cuz my subs work and so on) but seeing goas performance going downwards :( I do howerver look into this tread with great interest.

a question : One thing that is very interesting are, anyone know of a good and friendly swedish (or european would be as good) guild in Mid on any of the us servers ?

EDIT : and are there any lag/latency problems from sweden to US daoc ?

P

pihlss

hum hum, can anyone confirm or deny this? Sounds a bit.. odd if they dont accept Visa. :eek7:

They have trouble to get confirmations from you bank that your visa are ours due to the scandinavians bank dont like the lack of security over in US..

So can be a struggle

S

Stormm

Im in the same boat and starting to consider the same move. Perhaps there could be a 'Ex-Excal' guild or 'Guk-Foa' guild :D

G

Giljotine

So if i buy DAoC us version it could like take a few more hours for the subs to be cleryfied, but i can still play it with ease?

damn can't reraly type in english what i wanna say
should have payed more attention back in school

G

Giljotine

One question that pops in to my mind is why the hell do europe
need GOA to run DAoC here when all could play US DAoC?

if there wheren't a catch some where along the line?

Just wanna know if theres some stuff that can be of a problem if/when i go there.. except other RvR primetimes ofc

S

Shike

thanks for all tips and such, appreciate it alot :)

G

Ghillie

Well I just ordered my US version from DVD Box office.

I wonder what will come 1st.. my new pass or new game?

Ghillie - Lvl 48 Cleric - Crusaders of Albion - Excalibur
Ghilie - Lvl 50 Necro - Crusaders of Albion - Excalibur

G

Giljotine

Just ordered 2 acounts aswell

Will only be back to give my stuff/gold away to anyone who is near the vault in Goth when subs are up again =D

So with this i have only a few more words left for GOA to say

See ya! and i wouldn't wanna be ya!!!!two!!eight!!!!nerf!

C

chunky

Will have to agree with what has been said.
I my self am unable to play atm due to my own fault of not keeping my email addy up to date. But, as most of you have said the Technical help / customer service has been apauling.
I spent about 30 mins on the phone to my old email provider and i had my old mail account up and running, unfortunatly the mail box has been full for some time now so the email from GOA would have bounced back. I have email'd them to try get this re-sent, with no response (why this wasnt automaticaly re-sent after 24hrs deludes me anyway) but also with the regestration / account / rightnow sections all being down there is not even an option for (i forgot my password) which would have resolved my issue in a matter of hrs.
I am also compleatly fed up with whats going on but unfortunatly im in a situation where moving to the US servers isnt realy an option, I am an officer in the guild with a lot of good friends along with a girlfriend who is still happily playing atm.

Well nice to join in with the rant, atleast i got that of my chest :)

BTW, if im being a compleat idiot and there is a way to get it re-sent back to my old e-mail address then please feal free to call me a prat and tell me how to get it :)

Chunk out...

S

Shike

Originally posted by old.Hendrick
http://www.dvdboxoffice.com is generally a good place to import stuff from. Especially since they charge no shipping cost. Not sure if the DAoC they are selling might be a specific canadian version though.

I searched through all sites I could find and this one is the best by far since they dont charge anything for the shipping as you said, thanks for the tip. The version they sell is the USversion for sure and it was a very fair price aswell, I found some places in sweden that sells it aswell and the pricingdifference is ourageous tbh.

1 daoc+SI from http://www.dvdboxoffice.com = about 290skr.
1 daoc+SI from a swedish website = about 460skr minimum.

Not hard to choose really. 2 USdaocs on the way :clap:

now to the issue of finding a nice server :doh:

on a hilarious sidenote, I mailed Mythic directly to ask if they had any tips of where to buy the game etc and also explained what I thought of GOA, it took 20mins to get a reply :eek7: :great:

L

longshot

on a hilarious sidenote, I mailed Mythic directly to ask if they had any tips of where to buy the game etc and also explained what I thought of GOA, it took 20mins to get a reply :eek7: :great:

I'm curious - what was their reply?

Oh, and regarding buying games from outside the EU - keep in mind... if it's anything like the system in Denmark, customs -will- intercept the package, showing no mercy whatsoever when they add this and that tax until it ends up costing just about the same or even more than what you could have gotten it for in your own country. So be prepared... :(

S

Shike

Originally posted by longshot
I'm curious - what was their reply?

Oh, and regarding buying games from outside the EU - keep in mind... if it's anything like the system in Denmark, customs -will- intercept the package, showing no mercy whatsoever when they add this and that tax until it ends up costing just about the same or even more than what you could have gotten it for in your own country. So be prepared... :(

as expected they didnt touch the subject at all. If they add on the taxes on the 2 games I ordered, so be it :) Thanks for the warning though.

Users who are viewing this thread